Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

13 hours ago, NOTW said:

So DareDevil tells She-Hulk the Sokovia Accords have been repealed.

Cap's crew that spent time in jail then got threatened by the Secretary of Defense when they were trying to stop Thanos. 

Tbh I’m not sure how Tony had a kid with Pepper. When children of Thanos attacked the sanctum Santorum in NYC to get the time stone, Tony never called Ross and Co to proceed. He just started fighting outside bleeker street, in a public park, took an adventure into space, and got half the world dusted. When he returned from space a month later via Capt Marvel, I don’t know how he didn’t end up in the ocean prison himself. Or Cap and Co after that. Cap’s just kicking it with Natasha in avengers HQ upstate 

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Tbh I’m not sure how Tony had a kid with Pepper. When children of Thanos attacked the sanctum Santorum in NYC to get the time stone, Tony never called Ross and Co to proceed. He just started fighting outside bleeker street, in a public park, took an adventure into space, and got half the world dusted. When he returned from space a month later via Capt Marvel, I don’t know how he didn’t end up in the ocean prison himself. Or Cap and Co after that. Cap’s just kicking it with Natasha in avengers HQ upstate 

I mean I guess at that point the world has greater issues to deal with? 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I guess at that point the world has greater issues to deal with? 

I mean they got rid of so many criminals and deadbeats and unidentified pedos in the snap. Shouldn't be any more food crisis in the world!

Also, should we pay attention to how ****made humans are? Thanos wiped out half the population of countless planets one at a time through straight murder and those places were "thriving" now... why the hell did Earth have to be all up in their feels when he wiped out the population mercifully. 

11 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I mean they got rid of so many criminals and deadbeats and unidentified pedos in the snap. Shouldn't be any more food crisis in the world!

Also, should we pay attention to how ****made humans are? Thanos wiped out half the population of countless planets one at a time through straight murder and those places were "thriving" now... why the hell did Earth have to be all up in their feels when he wiped out the population mercifully. 

I think there are a couple of responses on Thanos.  First, Consider the narrator.  While there may be some truth to Thanos said, he is very likely glossing over a lot of the rougher edges. Second, we don't know how much time elapsed between massacre and thriving.  When Thanos killed Gamora's planet she was a small child, when he says they are "thriving" she's clearly an adult. So that could be well over a decade to get to thriving.  Earth's recovery was only in year 5. 

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Tbh I’m not sure how Tony had a kid with Pepper. 

You see, when a man loves a woman they like to do certain intimate acts together.  One of those acts involves the man sticking his plug into the woman's socket....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Were you drunk writing this?  One thought bled into another.  It sounds like you're asking 2 questions:

1. When did Pepper get pregnant because Tony was in space. She was born about a year after the Thanos snap according to MCU wiki, so she got pregnant after he returned and was healthy.  

2. Why didn't Tony get arrested for breaking the Sokovia accords?  Or anyone else for that matter?  There was no time to act, clearly that was going to be an approved intervention and after half the world was gone no one cared about going after the heroes who tried to save them, why would they?

Complete aside, Werewolf by Night was pretty good. A part of the MCU I know very little about and a clever homage to those old 50s monster of the week shows (but with more gore)

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, NOTW said:

Were you drunk writing this?  One thought bled into another.  It sounds like you're asking 2 questions:

1. When did Pepper get pregnant because Tony was in space. She was born about a year after the Thanos snap according to MCU wiki, so she got pregnant after he returned and was healthy.  

2. Why didn't Tony get arrested for breaking the Sokovia accords?  Or anyone else for that matter?  There was no time to act, clearly that was going to be an approved intervention and after half the world was gone no one cared about going after the heroes who tried to save them, why would they?

Pepper should have never gotten pregnant because Tony should have been in prison per the Sakovia accords. Hell, people incarcerated on marijuana possession are STILL in jail/prison in states where it's since been decriminalized or even legalized. Tony fighting with Strange and Wong outside the Sanctum at the start of Infinity War should have put him in jail, based on the "laws" of the world and superhero intervention the movies created. Even if the Thanos event resulted in people re-considering, they wouldn't have done all of that until well after the snap, so Tony should have already been tried (the same way Cap's crew was incarcerated and Cap would have been too had anyone been able to capture him). 

The reality is that the Accords were used in Civil War to break everyone apart, and used as plot device in Infinity War to have Cap/Natasha/Falcon on the run, and then it was just completely forgotten by Feige and Co. for like 4 calendar years and a dozen films/shows until someone remembered and shoe-horned it into She-Hulk with a throwaway line. 

14 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Pepper should have never gotten pregnant because Tony should have been in prison per the Sakovia accords. Hell, people incarcerated on marijuana possession are STILL in jail/prison in states where it's since been decriminalized or even legalized. Tony fighting with Strange and Wong outside the Sanctum at the start of Infinity War should have put him in jail, based on the "laws" of the world and superhero intervention the movies created. Even if the Thanos event resulted in people re-considering, they wouldn't have done all of that until well after the snap, so Tony should have already been tried (the same way Cap's crew was incarcerated and Cap would have been too had anyone been able to capture him). 

The reality is that the Accords were used in Civil War to break everyone apart, and used as plot device in Infinity War to have Cap/Natasha/Falcon on the run, and then it was just completely forgotten by Feige and Co. for like 4 calendar years and a dozen films/shows until someone remembered and shoe-horned it into She-Hulk with a throwaway line. 

That’s not entirely true.  Antman and the Wasp is entirely premised around the Accords. Scott is on house arrest and the Pyms are on the run because Scott used their tech. Black Widow also has a heavy Accords influence as she too is on the run. 

I think in reality, the Accords were probably largely ignored during the blip because the world was in chaos and needed every hero they could get. In fact, Woo makes a point of mentioning that in WandaVision when the government is experimenting on Vision in violation of the accords.  Agents of Shield actually dive into the issue a lot more than any other medium, but from the outset the accords were shown to be more trouble then it’s worth.  The fact that She-Hulk mentions it was in part to put the issue to rest and in part because it actually made sense for the argument that Matt was making re: the privacy rights of superheroes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

She-Hulk went all in on the last episode and I appreciate that. 😂

How many walls was that?

14 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

She-Hulk went all in on the last episode and I appreciate that. 😂

That was a jam packed 30 minutes. I get the meta humor, 4th wall and all but it was just ok. At least it was more entertaining than some of the other episodes. 

There's a post credit scene too. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

That was a jam packed 30 minutes. I get the meta humor, 4th wall and all but it was just ok. At least it was more entertaining than some of the other episodes. 

There's a post credit scene too. 

seemed a throw it up against the wall see if it sticks. the writer's room scene was a little to close to a spotlight on the actual show they were in. 

Charlie Cox has done such a good job with the role that fans are excited see him even in scenes where he's just Matt. The Spider-Man cameo was brilliant, he was the bright spot in She-Hulk and even though he didn't do anything in the finale him just being there is enjoyable.

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Charlie Cox has done such a good job with the role that fans are excited see him even in scenes where he's just Matt. The Spider-Man cameo was brilliant, he was the bright spot in She-Hulk and even though he didn't do anything in the finale him just being there is enjoyable.

Yup. The character is a bit different in the MCU than  Netflix obviously, but he's good as both. It's cool when an actor owns a character over multiple projects.

7 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Yup. The character is a bit different in the MCU than  Netflix obviously, but he's good as both. It's cool when an actor owns a character over multiple projects.

I think it’s just up to whoever’s writing the character in that moment.

Black Widow is the best example of this, with IM2/Avengers/WS Black Windows almost being 3 completely different characters. 

so Matt could go right back to being Netflix daredevil in his new series, while She-Hulk is a much more serious character in an avengers movie

9 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think it’s just up to whoever’s writing the character in that moment.

Black Widow is the best example of this, with IM2/Avengers/WS Black Windows almost being 3 completely different characters. 

so Matt could go right back to being Netflix daredevil in his new series, while She-Hulk is a much more serious character in an avengers movie

I agree, I'm just going by what we have seen already. I know his show won't be silly like She Hulk, but I also don't expect it to be as gritty as the Netflix show either. My point was whatever the tone of the show or movie, he IS the character now like Downey is Ironman, etc.

"So it was our job to keep having the conversation,” she said. "We wanted to say, Look, she’s a woman in her 30s navigating modern life; sex is a part of that story, and [ask] how far could we go.”

"I know it’s something that’s very important to [star Tatiana Maslany], this idea of sex positivity and kind of smashing the rules when it comes to women and the way that they’re perceived,” Coiro added. "A lot of the conversations about sexualization in the show came from Tatiana, and were with Tatiana.”

To this end, the director concluded that the team "wanted to make it realistic, and about a woman navigating sex, but also make it something that everybody can enjoy, including children, because there is an element of the show that is really fun for young people.”

That was a fun way to end the season. Not a bad show, I really liked the actress that played Walters/She Hulk. I think she did a nice job & made the show entertaining. Not the best Marvel show that’s come out yet, but doesn’t do anything to convince me that the "Marvel quality is going downhill” crowd is right. 

51 minutes ago, BFit said:

pretty excited for this one

Ant-man about to destroy the universe :o

Something someone on Reddit noticed that I thought was interesting.  It appears the large floating rings in the trailer have a similar design as the rings from Shang Chi.

• Like 1