Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It's a joke. I laughed at yours.

Marvel Studios trolling mad fans too:

Screenshot_20220908_070820.jpg

Got it. I often miss jokes and sarcasm when written online. 

My next post was going to be comparing Superman and Batman from Justice League to Peacemaker.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

16 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Got it. I often miss jokes and sarcasm when written online. 

My next post was going to be comparing Superman and Batman from Justice League to Peacemaker.

Right, it's the post-credit scene of the 3rd episode of a comedy TV show. 

The movies had an ant playing drums (after the seriousness of the snap & the characters were dusted), the Avengers eating shawarma, Howard the Duck, dancing Baby Groot, Cap breaks the 4th wall & says you waited for nothing, an alien cat throws up the Tesseract, Shang-Chi & Wong sing karaoke.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Right, it's the post-credit scene of the 3rd episode of a comedy TV show. 

The movies had an ant playing drums (after the seriousness of the snap & the characters were dusted), the Avengers eating shawarma, Howard the Duck, dancing Baby Groot, Cap breaks the 4th wall & says you waited for nothing, an alien cat throws up the Tesseract, Shang-Chi & Wong sing karaoke.

I also understand it was a bit of fan service for the actress playing Walters,  as she is a huge fan IRL of the singer who had the cameo. And that makes the scene make more sense as the character often breaks the fourth wall. I likened it to Deadpools fascination and constant references to Hugh Jackman.

Do don’t care about the twerking or any of that, but do think they missed the mark on She-Hulk. Marvel tv shows on Disney have been super hit or miss. I loved Loki, Scarlet Witch show was not my cup of tea but ended well, I really didn’t mind Ms Marvel Moon Knight was up and down and She Hulk is not very good so far. 

I don’t know if it is because they are secondary, lesser known characters or something is changing with the direction for the most recent phases, but Marvel is definitely not in the rarely miss category anymore. 

Wow Thor: Love & Thunder. Yikes, it's cringe & pretty awful. 

The costumes and props look like cosplay at Comic-Con. 

Pitch meeting nailed it, except not mocking Russell Crowe's ridiculous costume and accent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, homerpat said:

Do don’t care about the twerking or any of that, but do think they missed the mark on She-Hulk. Marvel tv shows on Disney have been super hit or miss. I loved Loki, Scarlet Witch show was not my cup of tea but ended well, I really didn’t mind Ms Marvel Moon Knight was up and down and She Hulk is not very good so far. 

I don’t know if it is because they are secondary, lesser known characters or something is changing with the direction for the most recent phases, but Marvel is definitely not in the rarely miss category anymore. 

Wakanda Forever needs to be a hit.

She-hulk, ugh.

Wong goes from summoning all the Avengers in Endgame & fighting The Scarlett Witch to...

...some terrible "magician" with 8 people in the audience who stole a sling ring and he can't handle that?

The CGI on her is bad.

Spoofing rom-coms and TV shows like Ally McBeal could've been fun. This show is all over the place. The plots are so bad you miss the twerking.

7 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

I’ve enjoyed she-hulk so far, but the most recent episode was a mess. 

Is it because you don’t know where the y in Madisynn was? 

On 9/8/2022 at 10:12 PM, NOTW said:

Pitch meeting nailed it, except not mocking Russell Crowe's ridiculous costume and accent. 

Yeah the Gorr thing was pretty bad... Like he took the kids to lure Thor in. But his whole thing was about killing God's who don't care about the people that worship them and don't do anything for others. 

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't hate the new Thor.  It wasn't nearly as good as Ragnarok but I found it amusing enough.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't hate the new Thor.  It wasn't nearly as good as Ragnarok but I found it amusing enough.

Same here. I actually would go as far to say I really liked it. There are issues with it for sure but that's true of most. I did think at times the humour was out of place. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah the Gorr thing was pretty bad... Like he took the kids to lure Thor in. But his whole thing was about killing God's who don't care about the people that worship them and don't do anything for others. 

2 film/visual sins in not showing and only telling which the pitch meeting covered. Jane becoming a Thor & adjusting, and the main villain the God Butcher not shown butchering gods.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

2 film/visual sins in not showing and only telling which the pitch meeting covered. Jane becoming a Thor & adjusting, and the main villain the God Butcher not shown butchering gods.

Yeah and they didn't do enough with Gorr for sure. 

And also I didn't quite get how Jane kept her powers at times but at others didn't?

42 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah and they didn't do enough with Gorr for sure. 

And also I didn't quite get how Jane kept her powers at times but at others didn't?

Or why Mjoliner formed again (but could break apart & reform whenever) because 1 human got cancer. But not to stop Hela or Thanos. 

Idk how it was done in the comics but it could have been handled better in the movie. 

Actually Valkyrie using it to defend Asgard from Gorr would have been cool.

• Like 1

They also could have done more with the theme of spiritual betrayal and contrast between corrupt gods living off past glory or benefitting from the work & suffering of the people. 

Thor in Ragnarok said "that's what heroes do." This one was just the butt of jokes (pun intended.)

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

Or why Mjoliner formed again (but could break apart & reform whenever) because 1 human got cancer. But not to stop Hela or Thanos. 

Completely agree. Doesn't make a lot of sense and definitely felt like it needed to be explained more. 

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean in New Asgard, when Gorr attacks the town to steal the kiddos, he has Thor pinned against a car with the tip of the blade to Thor's throat. Thor gets time to fanboy over the Necromancer sword he's only every read about, instead of Gorr just impaling impaling him through the neck. I doubt Gorr took his sweet time with everyone else he killed, given that his first kill against the Giant God in the garden of not-desert was pretty swift and without warning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I mean in New Asgard, when Gorr attacks the town to steal the kiddos, he has Thor pinned against a car with the tip of the blade to Thor's throat. Thor gets time to fanboy over the Necromancer sword he's only every read about, instead of Gorr just impaling impaling him through the neck. I doubt Gorr took his sweet time with everyone else he killed, given that his first kill against the Giant God in the garden of not-desert was pretty swift and without warning. 

Yeah why was he so focused on Thor...