Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

I sort of liked the first She-Hulk as well.  The lead actress was terrific in Orphan Black, so I am hopeful.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

first ep of she-hulk was really fun.  i'm still trying to decide whether i'd f she-hulk....leaning yes right now. :blush:   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sameaglesfan said:

I sort of liked the first She-Hulk as well.  The lead actress was terrific in Orphan Black, so I am hopeful.

22 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

first ep of she-hulk was really fun.  i'm still trying to decide whether i'd f she-hulk....leaning yes right now. :blush:   

you guys like muscular women?

:whistle: 

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2022 at 10:10 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Historically, in the comics the Hulk's power decreases as Banner's intelligence increases

Makes sense too... Like professor Hulk will know if he punches a rock it is going to hurt. If he attempts to lift something mega heavy he may hurt himself. But with Hulk he's just angry and doesn't think. I mean he gets shot and doesn't blink he just gets angrier whereas with professor you hear him when he takes a blow.

8 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

you guys like muscular women?

:whistle: 

princess-fiona-princess-fiona-fiona-8445

Oops, wrong story 😉/ But she could be She Hulk and has more personality

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Leaning my arse, She-Hulk is at least a NEPA 9

I would too...

cae34f32-56f6-4796-9d52-e9e48edf5564_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hearing theories that they may use this series to introduce skaar, hulks ultra powerful son from sakaar. I could see them adapting that story into a world war hulk/world breaker hulk story, giving that role to skaar instead of hulk proper 

On 8/20/2022 at 8:57 AM, BFit said:

Hearing theories that they may use this series to introduce skaar, hulks ultra powerful son from sakaar. I could see them adapting that story into a world war hulk/world breaker hulk story, giving that role to skaar instead of hulk proper 

I think they kinda already did, very vaguely.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:25 AM, mr_hunt said:

In the comics She Hulk had relations with about a dozen people already in the MCU.

28 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

In the comics She Hulk had relations with about a dozen people already in the MCU.

of course she had...comics are mostly written by incels for incels. 

18 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

of course she had...comics are mostly written by incels for incels. 

On 8/19/2022 at 8:25 AM, mr_hunt said:

• Haha 1

people who read/collect the comics are on another level of incel nerdom compared to those who just watch the movies/shows. it's not close. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

people who read/collect the comics are on another level of "fan” nerdom compared to those who just watch the movies/shows. it's not close. 

Fixed it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

Fixed it.

well, yeah. i'm obviously exaggerating with my use of the term "incel".  :lol:  reading/collecting the comics is harmless...but it is nerdy as hell. 

i watch all sorts of nerdy movies & shows...pretty much everything marvel & star wars. never read a comic book though. one of my buddies is way into them...travels to the different comic-cons & everything. when i told him that i enjoyed the watchmen movie a few years ago, he bought me the comic books. :lol:  and he later did the same with the boys. so they're on my bookshelf if you want to borrow them!  

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

they're on my bookshelf if you want to borrow them!  

I’ll have to post pictures of my man cave some day.  Repainting right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

well, yeah. i'm obviously exaggerating with my use of the term "incel".  :lol:  reading/collecting the comics is harmless...but it is nerdy as hell. 

i watch all sorts of nerdy movies & shows...pretty much everything marvel & star wars. never read a comic book though. one of my buddies is way into them...travels to the different comic-cons & everything. when i told him that i enjoyed the watchmen movie a few years ago, he bought me the comic books. :lol:  and he later did the same with the boys. so they're on my bookshelf if you want to borrow them!  

i kept hearing people say that the watchmen comic book was so great and i needed to read it. i saw it one day at a yardsale years ago so i figured it was worth my 50 cents. ya know what i found out when i started reading that book? i hate reading :lol:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

people who read/collect the comics are on another level of incel nerdom compared to those who just watch the movies/shows. it's not close. 

I haven't read a comic book in over 30 years lol.

She-Hulk.  

Liked:  Tatiana and her performance, Bruce and giving a little bit more info on how he merged his two halves, the lighter comedy rom-com style, the CGI was better than the trailers so they improved that.

Didn't like: she masters everything without any struggle, diminishes Bruce's long journey.  I figured she got the "Smart Hulk" version so that's why she doesn't have 2 competing personas but she didn't face any adversity, at least not yet.  She was over the top with being cocky and not needing training, felt like a good buildup to a humbling experience.  She has all this power, could face the guilt and shame of losing herself and hurting someone.  

Also didn't like the Power Rangers villain that showed up for no reason but if that's part of the comedy/tongue-in-cheek style that's fine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Nooooooo. I was hoping it was going to be sooner than that. September 8 feels a long way away.