Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Nooooooo. I was hoping it was going to be sooner than that. September 8 feels a long way away. 

2 weeks mate. That's 2 more episodes of She-hulk to hold you. 

• Like 1

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

She-Hulk.  

Liked:  Tatiana and her performance, Bruce and giving a little bit more info on how he merged his two halves, the lighter comedy rom-com style, the CGI was better than the trailers so they improved that.

Didn't like: she masters everything without any struggle, diminishes Bruce's long journey.  I figured she got the "Smart Hulk" version so that's why she doesn't have 2 competing personas but she didn't face any adversity, at least not yet.  She was over the top with being cocky and not needing training, felt like a good buildup to a humbling experience.  She has all this power, could face the guilt and shame of losing herself and hurting someone.  

Also didn't like the Power Rangers villain that showed up for no reason but if that's part of the comedy/tongue-in-cheek style that's fine.

Very much a recent Disney mindset. You can say the same for Rey in Star Wars, the girl in the Hawkeye program, etc.  Great they are promoting female characters in what was largely a sausage fest franchise/s, but at times, they are just not likeable because they feel perfect, and they belittle a similar male character for no reason. 

I did see the clip of She Hulk complaining about being catcalled, and can't be the only one to think, nah love, only in your dreams did that happen. 😆

36 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Very much a recent Disney mindset. You can say the same for Rey in Star Wars, the girl in the Hawkeye program, etc.  Great they are promoting female characters in what was largely a sausage fest franchise/s, but at times, they are just not likeable because they feel perfect, and they belittle a similar male character for no reason. 

I did see the clip of She Hulk complaining about being catcalled, and can't be the only one to think, nah love, only in your dreams did that happen. 😆

Yet, if every new character had a training montage, origin movie, etc, people would complain. Have to skip some steps here and there to keep things moving. Especially with characters that have the same skill set as their predecessors.

Rey learning Jedi stuff quickly, I’m fine with - Rey being a master mechanic, pilot, and everything else the plot called for was too much. Especially with every other new character being 2 dimensional. (Or 1 dimensional)

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

2 weeks mate. That's 2 more episodes of She-hulk to hold you. 

I know this isn't the consensus but I really really liked Love and Thunder.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know this isn't the consensus but I really really liked Love and Thunder.

I still haven't seen it, so looking forward to the Disney+ release as well.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I still haven't seen it

lucky.

7 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Yet, if every new character had a training montage, origin movie, etc, people would complain. Have to skip some steps here and there to keep things moving. Especially with characters that have the same skill set as their predecessors.

Rey learning Jedi stuff quickly, I’m fine with - Rey being a master mechanic, pilot, and everything else the plot called for was too much. Especially with every other new character being 2 dimensional. (Or 1 dimensional)

There is a balance to be had. A character who can just learn all the tough bits quickly to get the boring bit of the story done, isn't something I'd invest my time in any more; it's both lazy and been done to death.  Make me the viewer care about the character, not roll my eyes at them

22 hours ago, NOTW said:

I still haven't seen it, so looking forward to the Disney+ release as well.

Haven't seen it? Why not bud? Most don't like it but I loved it. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Haven't seen it? Why not bud? Most don't like it but I loved it. 

Just been busy then figured wait for streaming.

• Like 1

im really enjoying she hulk. its fun, i like 4th wall breaks, and it doesnt take itself too seriously. now having said that, i fully expect the show to turn soon and hit a big arch with actual consequences 

3 hours ago, BFit said:

im really enjoying she hulk. its fun, i like 4th wall breaks, and it doesnt take itself too seriously. now having said that, i fully expect the show to turn soon and hit a big arch with actual consequences 

I've seen people on social media complain about the 4th wall breaks, but apparently that's how her comics were as well.  Regardless, I think it fits with the style they're going for.

20 hours ago, NOTW said:

I've seen people on social media complain about the 4th wall breaks, but apparently that's how her comics were as well.  Regardless, I think it fits with the style they're going for.

In the comics, She-Hulk was actually one of the first to break the fourth wall, before Deadpool (who learned it from Loki of all people). I’ve seen people say She’s a knockoff of Deadpool’s fourth Wall but it’s quite the opposite. She did it first, but Deadpool just happens to be the best at it. 

Another win for feminism. :lol:  No,  I don't think it's a big deal, it's silly. But apparently people on Twitter are mad.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Another win for feminism. :lol:  No,  I don't think it's a big deal, it's silly. But apparently people on Twitter are mad.

What are people getting mad at there?

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What are people getting mad at there?

That the MCU is being silly, after big stakes like Thanos. That they want men to take female heroes seriously but then twerk.

It was marketed from the beginning as a lawyer comedy show. I fully expected spoof/homage to those types of shows just with superheroes. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 9:39 PM, NOTW said:

After complaining about being objectified by men in episode 1, twerking in an office full of men with a client 2 episodes later kind of does that rant no favours.  A feminist would not do that in a work environment; they'd shave their moustache in the bathroom while reading a cat magazine. 😉

To be fair, it's the same type of storytelling from Kenobi and other recent Disney TV adaptations.  Look at the big moments with legacy characters and forget that we can't craft  a consistent story because we just need content for our online platform. And if you disagree, you are a racist/xenophobe/homophobe/misogynist (delete as applicable).

Good thing Tony Stark never got drunk and danced, dj’d, and fired his blasters at a birthday party full of civilians. He also pissed himself in his suit.  But an after credit scene in she-hulk broke marvel.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2022 at 1:31 PM, Boogyman said:

FB_IMG_1662397829442.jpg

FB_IMG_1662397843257.jpg

If we had that She Hulk, it would be great - a female twist on a Dead Pool type character would be very good watching, just from a pure sense of humour perspective. A film with Dead Pool and that She Hulk - yes please.  Seeing Dead Pool put down by She Hulk has much comedic potential and breadth to it.  The script would largely write itself.

Not one that complains about being objectified, disrespected (blah, blah) one minute, then twerks in an office the next, all while looking like Princess Fiona from Shrek.  It's just cookie cutter low budget, bad writing Disney BS.  I want programs like this to be better because there is some much potential being left out

11 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

If we had that She Hulk, it would be great - a female twist on a Dead Pool type character would be very good watching, just from a pure sense of humour perspective. A film with Dead Pool and that She Hulk - yes please.  Seeing Dead Pool put down by She Hulk has much comedic potential and breadth to it.  The script would largely write itself.

Not one that complains about being objectified, disrespected (blah, blah) one minute, then twerks in an office the next, all while looking like Princess Fiona from Shrek.  It's just cookie cutter low budget, bad writing Disney BS.  I want programs like this to be better because there is some much potential being left out

Yup, it's so odd to complain about being harassed and then later on have some fun doing a silly dance with a celebrity you are a fan of, who happens to be in your office. Terrible writing. 🙄

39 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

So blockbuster action films vs 30 minute sitcom and the writing is different? 

It's a joke. I laughed at yours.

Marvel Studios trolling mad fans too:

Screenshot_20220908_070820.jpg