Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

On 9/29/2022 at 10:04 AM, BFit said:

they 100% will do the comic suit for this, right? like theres no way he gets out of this movie without doing the yellow suit. 

A lot of fan-made posters are showing up and one had the yellow suit photoshopped in I'll try to find it.  That would be funny.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

Female Black Panther suit. Shuri or Nakia (I'm guessing Nakia).

59 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Female Black Panther suit. Shuri or Nakia (I'm guessing Nakia).

I’d prefer Nakia. I think it would make more sense from her backstory, and I think shuri is more interesting on her own with her tech. However, I think it’s gonna end up being shuri. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I’d prefer Nakia. I think it would make more sense from her backstory, and I think shuri is more interesting on her own with her tech. However, I think it’s gonna end up being shuri. 

You're probably right. I just think since most people expect Shuri and they're waiting to reveal it, could be an unexpected choice. 

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think it's going to be Shuri. I think it'll be Nakia too as that story carries more weight. Also I don't think Shuri is really a fighter as such.

New trailer shows Shuri in something similar to an Iron Man suit. 

Is that setting her up as Ironheart?

In the last shot, close up inside the suit hard to tell who that is.

Screenshot_20221004-201241_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-201339_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-201401_YouTube.jpg

No, ironheart is going to be a new character, riri Williams. Shuri had been black panther in the comics so I'd be shocked if it wasn't her. 

9 hours ago, BFit said:

No, ironheart is going to be a new character, riri Williams. Shuri had been black panther in the comics so I'd be shocked if it wasn't her. 

Gotcha. Ok she's in the imdb cast list. 

It’s nice to have Charlie Cox back as Daredevil! Prefer the Netflix suit to his MCU one though 

• Like 1

Giving She-Hulk another try at ep 5 now. It's pretty terrible. Ep 7 was the worst yet. Wife said this show is so stupid. Fast forwarded past it, looking to see when DareDevil shows up.

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Giving She-Hulk another try at ep 5 now. It's pretty terrible. Ep 7 was the worst yet. Wife said this show is so stupid. Fast forwarded past it, looking to see when DareDevil shows up.

The most recent episode he shows up. He’s in a fair amount of episode 8, essentially the second main character in terms of air time.  

As for she-hulk I don’t think it’s terrible for what it’s supposed to be. The messaging is really heavy handed and a lot of the secondary characters are a joke, but that’s part of the point. I like that they are making fun of some of the stupidest parts of Marvel lore.  It’s not a great show, but it was never trying to be.  But its very much a like it or hate it kind of show.  That said, Episode 8 with Matt murdock is the best the show has been.  The scenes he’s in are excellent. The side character is annoying but that’s par for the course for the show.  

On 10/4/2022 at 9:15 PM, NOTW said:

In the last shot, close up inside the suit hard to tell who that is.

Screenshot_20221004-201241_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-201339_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-201401_YouTube.jpg

looks like Lupita Nyongo kind of

4 hours ago, homerpat said:

looks like Lupita Nyongo kind of

I forgot Riri Williams is in it, played by Dominique Thorne.  This sets up Ironheart.  I thought Ironheart was going to just be introduced in a TV show but they're doing it here.

6 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

The most recent episode he shows up. He’s in a fair amount of episode 8, essentially the second main character in terms of air time.  

As for she-hulk I don’t think it’s terrible for what it’s supposed to be. The messaging is really heavy handed and a lot of the secondary characters are a joke, but that’s part of the point. I like that they are making fun of some of the stupidest parts of Marvel lore.  It’s not a great show, but it was never trying to be.  But its very much a like it or hate it kind of show.  That said, Episode 8 with Matt murdock is the best the show has been.  The scenes he’s in are excellent. The side character is annoying but that’s par for the course for the show.  

It's a bad show, regardless of the intent.  And I went into it expecting it to be a tongue-in-cheek send up of the rom-com, office show.  A lot of people expected kind of a spoof of Ally McBeal.  I thought that would be funny and fresh for the MCU and was not expecting it to be like other MCU content.  Just like WandaVision was very different.  I haven't seen Ms. Marvel yet but that was marketed as a kind of teen show so I expected that as well.  

But the execution has been awful.  I'm not even talking about the "woke" complaints.  The scripts and plots are awful and cringe.  The side characters are mostly stupid and a waste.  I've seen many women on their social media posts commenting they think it's stupid.  

And I like the actress and think she's doing what she's supposed to and there are some redeemable moments.  Just needs better writing.  

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Shang-Chi and No Way Home, thought Hawkeye was good enough as was Multiverse of Madness even though it was weird and convoluted, and didn't hate The Eternals or Thor Love & Thunder (I'd go so far as to say I kinda liked L&T), but I just have no interest in Ms Marvel or She-Hulk.  It has nothing to do with "woke" either.  It's just that they're going in directions that I don't care to spend my time on.  Never really thought I'd say that about Marvel, but here we are.

Shang Chi and NWH were fantastic. I loved Hawkeye and liked Ms Marvel. Eternals was forgettable, same with L&T unfortunately. MoM, for me, was a letdown. She-Hulk has swung the pendulum from really bad to highly enjoyable. Sometimes in the same episode.  Marvel needs Black Panther to knock it out of the park. More importantly, we need to know - see on screen - where all of this is headed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Shang Chi and NWH were fantastic. I loved Hawkeye and liked Ms Marvel. Eternals was forgettable, same with L&T unfortunately. MoM, for me, was a letdown. She-Hulk has swung the pendulum from really bad to highly enjoyable. Sometimes in the same episode.  Marvel needs Black Panther to knock it out of the park. More importantly, we need to know - see on screen - where all of this is headed. 

The recent announcements of upcoming projects and new Avengers movies are where they're going. They've been showing us the multi-verse & time variants in Loki, setting up Kang, Secret Wars, etc. 

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

The recent announcements of upcoming projects and new Avengers movies are where they're going. They've been showing us the multi-verse & time variants in Loki, setting up Kang, Secret Wars, etc. 

I have high hopes for Jonathan Majors as Kang.  His performance in Loki was good but I think a different, more vengeful variant of Kang will be a site to behold.  Secret Wars is an ambitious storyline to go with post infinity war. 

So DareDevil tells She-Hulk the Sokovia Accords have been repealed.

Cap's crew that spent time in jail then got threatened by the Secretary of Defense when they were trying to stop Thanos. 

cover4.jpg