Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Marshall could go 1st round though.  He could go anywhere from around 25-45.  If the Eagles trade back, he might be a target late in the 1st.

Out of the first two rounds, I want:

Bateman/Marshall and Humphrey.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Seems like the Eagles are high on Terrace Marshall. Tells me they aren’t looking at WR in round 1. Unless it’s a smoke screen. 

I think Marshall is a player that could be available in the 2nd round at 37.  It might be a question for them of not liking Devonta Smith over one of the CBs they think will be available.  I mean they have been at all of the pro-days so it's not like they aren't looking at the first round WRs.  

This must be the quiet before the storm.

47 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Sheldon Brown's hit against Reggie Bush is still my favorite of all time. As clean as it can get, nothing dirty about it. It would probably get flagged today for some BS "defenseless receiver" crap, but that is about as form-perfect of a tackle that one can do. 

I think it's maybe a blindside block under the new rule.  I like this one better than the hit on Reggie because the Eagles won this game.  

Shemar Jean Charles , looks like a nice later rd CB , who is far enough along at the position to offer something early on .

59 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sammie Coates and Dri Archer. Still seems like they should be above average

Sammie Coates didn't seem to be too bad if I recall.  Dri Archer is the perfect example of a blazing 40 time equalling nothing.  For sure though you would think Pittsburgh is above average at drafting WR. 

4 hours ago, macgregor said:

BGN posted an article 'What's your most controversial NFL opinion?' Mine is this. The Eagles are actually fine. The QB played very good for his first few starts(amazing how the expectations changed though). The WR corps and TEs have been horribly underrated based on the overrating of Wentz's leadership and accuracy last season. Our o-line could be dominant. Our running game looks good too. Naturally we're reliant on the coaching, but the selections were all sound in my opinion. Carson may have mutineed first on the team after getting the FU money, but instead of trying to save the season, Pederson gave up as well.

4-11 gives all kinds of talking heads and blowhards a new lease on criticizing the Eagles. Enjoy your time. The lack of hard data opens the gate for all kinds of negative spec and conspiracy theories. Again I say; enjoy your time. What kills me with all this negative spec is; won't there be a credibility penalty if you're all wrong? I guess when has there ever been? Negadelphia is an accurate term. While the greater fan base will forget how negative a lot of so-called 'insiders' were if the Eagles win 10 games, the negative posters here will be much quicker to remember my positivity if they don't kick butt right away. Par for the course.

I’m not quite as sanguine as you but I think we’ll be better than all the Nervous Nellies here think and that Hurts will be much better than most here think and as good or better than any of the QBs coming out except, possibly, for Martin. If if if our OL stays healthy we’ll have a top five OL in the league, easily. From that all good things flow.

 
 
Alabama career: Henry Ruggs 17.5 Yds/rec 12.0 Yds/tgt 2.26 Yds/route
 
Jerry Jeudy 17.3 Yds/rec 11.4 Yds/tgt 3.31 Yds/route
 
DeVonta Smith 16.9 Yds/rec 12.6 Yds/tgt 3.59 Yds/route
 
Jaylen Waddle 18.9 Yds/rec 15.3 Yds/tgt 3.62 Yds/route
1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sammie Coates and Dri Archer. Still seems like they should be above average

It's probably the same analytical chart guy that showed "insert slow, non-separating receiver here" had more separation than Tyreke Hill last season.  

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Just in case anyone needs a good 15 seconds and a reminder of one of the best hits ever in the NFL.

 

Those were the days....if they had a legit OC they would have won a SB.

3 hours ago, Original Sin said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3d74cbe87d5b9ec04f004eb17eb3e1a8.jpeg

How can average for the NFL versus the NFL be anything but 0?

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Just in case anyone needs a good 15 seconds and a reminder of one of the best hits ever in the NFL.

 

That block would be illegal today.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Sammie Coates didn't seem to be too bad if I recall.  Dri Archer is the perfect example of a blazing 40 time equalling nothing.  For sure though you would think Pittsburgh is above average at drafting WR. 

Coates was bad. 2 years only, his rookie season was 1 catch for 11 yards and then he had 435 yards and two TD’s. That’s bad for a 3rd round pick. 
 

Archer should almost not even count. He was drafted more to be a ST’er and gadget RB/WR guy, never a traditional WR

39 minutes ago, hputenis said:

It's probably the same analytical chart guy that showed "insert slow, non-separating receiver here" had more separation than Tyreke Hill last season.  

Yea I have no idea what the chart means or what was used to come up with the values, or care enough to figure it out. those were just the two misses they had in the third that I think would be reasonable. Who cares if you don’t hit on 6th or 7th round picks.

4 hours ago, Original Sin said:

2nd 

Phillips is a bigger risk than Farley, IMHO. 

3 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Phillips is a bigger risk than Farley, IMHO. 

I agree , 3 concussions , retired and came back . 4th concussion could be his last

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Phillips is a bigger risk than Farley, IMHO. 

Melifonwu is a tall, long CB at 6’3 and 213 with good speed that I don’t see get much mention in here.  He’s a little bit raw but lots of potential with all the physical tools that Gannon might covet.  He could be a Round 2 target 

What’s the one position that you would be upset they didn’t address in rounds 1-3?

I know he didn’t test well , but I take Rousseau all day long , end of rd 1

love Elerson Smith  end of rd 3

Ossai and Turner early rd 2

Just now, Original Sin said:

I know he didn’t test well , but I take Rousseau all day long , end of rd 1

It wouldn’t be crazy to see him there at 37

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Melifonwu is a tall, long CB at 6’3 and 213 with good speed that I don’t see get much mention in here.  He’s a little bit raw but lots of potential with all the physical tools that Gannon might covet.  He could be a Round 2 target 

It is imperative that the Eagles draft someone with a name that the Eagles faithful can butcher properly.

21 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Yeah I don’t like idea about trading out of the first round, and if we do it should be for some more quality picks. But getting first round caliber player in 2nd round is a win anyways, plus the other guys. Get all those guys and  Also to have 2 firsts, a 2nd, 4 3rds, 2 4ths AND the conditional 2nd from Wentz trade, this roster could be rebuilt very quickly. 

IF we had a proven competent draft team.

19 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

What’s the one position that you would be upset they didn’t address in rounds 1-3?

CB

20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It is imperative that the Eagles draft someone with a name that the Eagles faithful can butcher properly.

Eagles fans would butcher Asante Samuel Jr, that’s a low bar. 
 

But for the sake of argument, this would mean Ifeatu Melifonwu, Osa Odighizuwa and Josh Imatorbhebhe are targets 

36 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

What’s the one position that you would be upset they didn’t address in rounds 1-3?

There are huge holes at WR, CB, LB, S for 2021 and need a C for 2022.  Big question at QB, RB2, DE — and only 4 picks currently in rounds 1-3.

The first 4 picks will hopefully be a combination of WR-CB-S-IOL.  Can I add LB, QB, RB, DE ..... how many picks do we have, again?

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.