Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

I know Eagles group but sounds like Ben Simmons sister is accusing Ben's step brother (the one he recently bought a car for and his business manager) of raping her since she was either 3 or 5 -  https://twitter.com/livvalice?lang=en ...  

 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I think one reason Howie took the bird in the hand (trade to #12) is this draft may be very unpredictable.

What with teams maybe trading up for a QB, with so many players with no or limited 2020 film, there is going to be a lot of divergence between draft boards.

And that means players you don't expect will drop/rise, teams will target certain guys, and there will be opportunities to move around.

Problem is you probably won't know until close to the time your 15/5 minutes come up.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Howie makes a half dozen draft day trades, if a half dozen guys are in the same tier, listen to any offer to move down 3-4 slots, and if those guys don't get chosen, move down another 3-4 slots. Conversely, if someone you have a first round grade slides into the mid to late 2nd rd, trade up.

Agree. If the consensus best OL has no 2020 film you're buying a pig in a poke. Farley, same. Moore only played three games. etc. And those are top guys.

The trade down was the right thing to do.  Not sure it had to be done pre draft, but that is evidence that Howie is likely to take a risk averse approach to this draft, given his hot seat.

There is a talent drop off at 6 and not at 12.  It’s a rational, reasonable move to make.  You might get more waiting on draft day, but you might get stuck.  The fact that Howie did it now suggests that he really doesn’t want to get burnt.

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

A couple Eagles writers speculating over the Eagles trading back into the 1st to get Terrace Marshall. How would you all feel about going Horn/Surtain at 12 and Marshall somewhere in the 20s?

Would rather grab a Surtain or Horn if they’re they’re and have them trade up. If those two are gone, I’m fine with it as long as we don’t do so and get jumped and end up with a reach/panic pick.

Devonta > Waddle

Give me the guy capable of being a high volume WR if we are drafting a WR at the top half of the first round. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Devonta > Waddle

Give me the guy capable of being a high volume WR if we are drafting a WR at the top half of the first round. 

Curious as to your thinking here. Why is Smith more capable of being a high volume WR?

15 hours ago, Original Sin said:

I know he didn’t test well , but I take Rousseau all day long , end of rd 1

love Elerson Smith  end of rd 3

Ossai and Turner early rd 2

Phillips feels like a surer bet than Rousseau

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Devonta > Waddle

Give me the guy capable of being a high volume WR if we are drafting a WR at the top half of the first round. 

Waddle is bringing something elite to the table, thats the push for me

Scott Barrett
 
 
· Apr 24, 2020
"Speed only matters for WRs in relation to their ability to escape the LOS." - Belichick
15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Devonta > Waddle

Give me the guy capable of being a high volume WR if we are drafting a WR at the top half of the first round. 

I’d be happy with either one but I like Waddle’s upside better. But I could see making a case for Smith. 

1 hour ago, blindside said:

I hope Howie doesn’t get too cute with trade downs and miss out on players just to pick up an extra late round pick

Marcus Smith all over again. 

Just to expand on the logic of the trade down a little further, there will be much more complete information about players in 2022 than there is now, what with the truncated season and the opt-outs. I think that makes 2022's draft a better bet.

They’re supposed to release the findings on the cause of Tiger Woods’ SUV crash today at 1pm Eastern Time.  If they say anything other than ‘fell asleep at wheel due to self-dosing his medication’ I’m calling preemptive B.S.

I think the teams that draft well , will draft well no matter the conditions . 
 

or put another way , the teams that normally draft better than other teams , will continue to do the same , no matter the conditions .

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I think the teams that draft well , will draft well no matter the conditions . 
 

or put another way , the teams that normally draft better than other teams , will continue to do the same , no matter the conditions .

It seems like Howie likes to get "cute” and draft players higher than they were projected by pundits (not that they know any better) and prospects no one saw coming at that spot. And it never seems to work out. 
 

But the only person who thinks Howie is "cute” is afan. 😂

There are lots of good players in the draft , and good drafting teams will identify them , altered draft process , or not .

15 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Just to expand on the logic of the trade down a little further, there will be much more complete information about players in 2022 than there is now, what with the truncated season and the opt-outs. I think that makes 2022's draft a better bet.

I think they also see it as ammo to make a move up for a qb.

our pick and Miami pick should both be top 15

7 minutes ago, blindside said:

It seems like Howie likes to get "cute” and draft players higher than they were projected by pundits (not that they know any better) and prospects no one saw coming at that spot. And it never seems to work out. 
 

But the only person who thinks Howie is "cute” is afan. 😂

Exactly what it appears — Howie drafts by attempting to outsmart the rest of the league and spotting a diamond in the rough, where teams that draft better look at the board and say "wow; I can’t believe this player is still available” and get value.

31 minutes ago, Original Sin said:
Scott Barrett
 
 
· Apr 24, 2020
"Speed only matters for WRs in relation to their ability to escape the LOS." - Belichick

Says the worst WR evaluator in the league. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Says the worst WR evaluator in the league. 

I agree , more often than not players with good 10 yard splits , also have good 40 times .

Horn then Marshall. Don’t care about the other picks

Might play until he’s 50 , obviously not about money at this point
NFL Update

 
 
Tom Brady on what else he has to prove: "I don't think 'proving it' is the motivation. I still want to play. I got a little sickness in me that just wants to throw a freaking spiral."
7 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

Horn then Marshall. Don’t care about the other picks

Okay But Its Probably Not Going To Happen Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.