Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Saltpeter said:

Now that we're more removed from the Miami trade, my opinion has shifted more toward loving the move. Miami or Cincinnati would've gotten Chase anyway.

I think pick 12 is almost -- almost -- impossible to completely screw up. They're likely to get Surtain, Horn, Waddle, or Paye; all 4 of those guys would be rock solid additions (although I'd be initially furious if they passed on Waddle).

I don’t see what anyone sees in Paye unless he falls to the 2nd round, and even then meh

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Let's hope the woke don't ruin science in academia.

I don’t think they will.  There are extremes on both sides and most people are in the middle.  Their reaction to cancel culture on both sides is they can F off.   Note that Lindsay Graham is back on the side of global warming and Sarah Palin is saying wear a mask, for example.  The Pope said J&J’s vaccine is acceptable.  I know in academia, you are battling Woke crap from the left.  Bottom line is that choice of where to educate and what education is offered is on non extremists so in the long run, universities run the risk of losing customers, both students and those funding research and such.  Walk the middle line.  

BTW, how is your friend faring?

12 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Its a grind thats not for everyone. We know most of what we work on will fail. But we fail forward incrementally over years. 

I am encouraged.  Can you imagine never catching a cold again?

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Just don't ask them to show their work.

I shared that crap with my sister.  She’s kind of liberal but reacts to crap appropriately.  And that is how she reacted to not showing the work. 

6 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I don’t see what anyone sees in Paye unless he falls to the 2nd round, and even then meh

I wish Paye were younger and had longer arms. Really my two issues with him. Definitely the least desirable of the 4 names I mentioned, but nowhere near the level of bad a Vera-Tucker selection would be (my biggest fear this year).

13 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

I wish Paye were younger and had longer arms. Really my two issues with him. Definitely the least desirable of the 4 names I mentioned, but no where near the level of bad a Vera-Tucker selection would be (my biggest fear this year).

Paye is my biggest fear at #12. Then guys like Barmore and any of the QBs after Lawrence/Wilson that falls.

 

2 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

What’s the one position that you would be upset they didn’t address in rounds 1-3?

CB

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I’ve summed up everyone’s wants from the last few days:

9FC06D4A-DFF1-4C5E-85EE-3E2F8FAB5694.png

I want Max Duffy. D-

29 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

And there it is. Didn’t even take the year off like was reported. I think between this, Flajole, and possibly Valai there seems to be some sort of reoccurring issue.

40 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

2021 Titans D will give up a league-high 4th and long conversions.

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I don’t see what anyone sees in Paye unless he falls to the 2nd round, and even then meh

Guys that weigh 260-270 pounds aren't supposed to move like him. He ran a 4.5

holds the record for 3 cone by a DL jumped 35 vert 9'10 broad and had 36 bench reps.

He's strong and expolosive plays the run well is an academic all american has a high motor, but yeah he's a 2nd rounder.😒

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

I wish Paye were younger and had longer arms. Really my two issues with him. Definitely the least desirable of the 4 names I mentioned, but nowhere near the level of bad a Vera-Tucker selection would be (my biggest fear this year).

He's 22 which is the average age of rookies so???

Arm length is fine for his height, he doesn't have super long arms but he doesn't have short arms either.

Brandon graham has 32.5 inch arms Paye is at 33.

 

Paye has to be a better pass rusher to be taken that high

30 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I want Max Duffy. D-

Haven’t heard that name yet

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Paye has to be a better pass rusher to be taken that high

Forget who it was but a Michigan fan on here wasn’t excited about him

Just found out that Alex Singleton is in the same wedding party as me for my buddy’s wedding in Cali in May. Kind of neat.

15 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Paye has to be a better pass rusher to be taken that high

Like derek Barnett college production?😒

There’s not one single player I will be more disappointed if we don’t draft than James Wiggins. My biggest "sleeper” if you can call him that. Could probably be had at #123 or maybe even #150.

They also have another promising safety (Forrest) in the draft, quite the duo.

 

12 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

There’s not one single player I will be more disappointed if we don’t draft than James Wiggins. My biggest "sleeper” if you can call him that. Could probably be had at #123 or maybe even #150.

 

I was just reading about this guy today, 

Eagles need all the help they can get in the secondary and have a lot of luck drafting bearcats!

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

That block would be illegal today.

I'm not sure about that, pepper was in the play going for the tackle and Byars hit him in the chest no helmet involved

13 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

There’s not one single player I will be more disappointed if we don’t draft than James Wiggins. My biggest "sleeper” if you can call him that. Could probably be had at #123.

 

I’d like his teammate instead — 

Forrest ran the 40-yard dash in an unofficial time of 4.38 seconds, had 21 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, a vertical jump of 39 inches and a broad jump of 11 feet to steal the show at Cincinnati's pro day inside the bubble at the Sheakley Athletic Center.

"My goal today was to go out there and just put up great numbers and I feel like I accomplished that," the 6-foot, 206-pound draft hopeful told The Enquirer. "It's showing that the hard work I put down in Fort Lauderdale is paying off."

 

 

17 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Like derek Barnett college production?😒

There’s a common thread between those two players for me.  When the Eagles selected Barnett at #14 in 2017 I was somewhat angry, because there were better players on the board at positions of need.  The Eagles selecting Paye at #12 would make me very angry:

image.gif.2ec28a0ff62d1290228680d262a0b7b2.gif

21 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

There’s not one single player I will be more disappointed if we don’t draft than James Wiggins. My biggest "sleeper” if you can call him that. Could probably be had at #123 or maybe even #150.

They also have another promising safety (Forrest) in the draft, quite the duo.

 

His teammate Derrick Forest looked impressive at their pro day as well.

He's almost identical in size, was their defensive captain and ran a 4.38

8 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Flawed I will agree with... incredibly flawed?? what the hell are you expecting out of a prospect (who is your ideal QB prospect)? How is he incredibly flawed?

Build, accuracy, footwork, decision making...should I go on?  He's hyped because of what he was coming out of HS.  He never really progressed as a QB.  He's the best of the bunch, maybe.

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I get it with Lawrence.  He’s tall, nice arm, athletic, makes all the throws, big game pedigree.  Do I think that makes him a generational prospect?  Absolutely not.  But a #1 overall qb?  Definitely.

I know nothing about him as a person or his hunger for the game, but celebrity college qbs scare me.  Now, all big time D1 starting qbs are on campus celebrities...but it’s the nationally renowned guys.  They just don’t seem to approach the game with the same hunger, focus, and precision.  It’s not even #1 overall qbs that are the problem...it’s the select few that became national celebrities in college.  

By all accounts he's a great human, on the other side, the parts of his game that needed work never progressed.  I'd argue his footwork and accuracy has regressed since his frosh year.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.