Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

45 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It is imperative that the Eagles draft someone with a name that the Eagles faithful can butcher properly.

Michael Parson or Jalen Waddles

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

There are huge holes at WR, CB, LB, S for 2021 and need a C for 2022.  Big question at QB, RB2, DE — and only 4 picks currently in rounds 1-3.

The first 4 picks will hopefully be a combination of WR-CB-S-IOL.  Can I add LB, QB, RB, DE ..... how many picks do we have, again?

I generally agree with your list other than RB2.  This is going to be a 5-7 win team.  I don't care who RB2 is.  In fact I hope we trade Sanders if there is a decent offer.  Taking a running back this year is a waste to me since it just burns one year off their rookie contract (i.e., the life span of a running back) during a non-competitive year.

Sixers Flyers Phillies oh my!

All 3 on TV at the same time 

I have been saying this

 

 
 
 
 
Tay Gowan is a top CB in this draft class. Don’t get it twisted
1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Coates was bad. 2 years only, his rookie season was 1 catch for 11 yards and then he had 435 yards and two TD’s. That’s bad for a 3rd round pick. 
 

Archer should almost not even count. He was drafted more to be a ST’er and gadget RB/WR guy, never a traditional WR

I thought Coates went on to the Texans to be a "decent" #4 WR.  Nope.  Only played there 1 year and just a 4 year career.  I could have sworn he stuck around for a while.  Guess I was wrong.

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I have been saying this

 

 
 
 
 
Tay Gowan is a top CB in this draft class. Don’t get it twisted

Me too

 

A lesson from my 2020 OL rankings that I talk about on the podcast today, after I missed on Tristan Wirfs (had him #4 behind Wills, Becton & Thomas): Don't put as much emphasis on footwork. Long arms, quickness, and strength can make up for those technique issues.
 

I hate watching tatum play when he was so obviously the pick to make

26 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Michael Parson or Jalen Waddles

Parson would do well as Parsons.

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

I know he didn’t test well , but I take Rousseau all day long , end of rd 1

love Elerson Smith  end of rd 3

Ossai and Turner early rd 2

Not convinced about Rousseau but like the other three.  Better DE class than thought. 

29 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I have been saying this

 

 
 
 
 
Tay Gowan is a top CB in this draft class. Don’t get it twisted

Man, I like Gowan but not at the top of my draft class quite.  Hips aren’t quite that fluid.  

:offtopic:

So they have a vaccine under testing through the US government that may be a SARS, including the common cold, be all.  Today they announce that they are close on an AIDS vaccine.  Live science.  Encourage your kids to be scientists. 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

Melifonwu is a tall, long CB at 6’3 and 213 with good speed that I don’t see get much mention in here.  He’s a little bit raw but lots of potential with all the physical tools that Gannon might covet.  He could be a Round 2 target 

I loved Obi Melifonwu in that draft. I dont know if this is a younger brother. Im somewhat interested, but in round 3. 

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

What’s the one position that you would be upset they didn’t address in rounds 1-3?

WR or CB, but it's more important to just get the right players.

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

:offtopic:

So they have a vaccine under testing through the US government that may be a SARS, including the common cold, be all.  Today they announce that they are close on an AIDS vaccine.  Live science.  Encourage your kids to be scientists. 

Damn I wish I was smart enough. Since I’m dumb AF I have to deal with people for a living. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles fans would butcher Asante Samuel Jr, that’s a low bar. 
 

But for the sake of argument, this would mean Ifeatu Melifonwu, Osa Odighizuwa and Josh Imatorbhebhe are targets 

Oh, I know.  

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

What’s the one position that you would be upset they didn’t address in rounds 1-3?

Great question. I honestly can’t think of one. This team has so many holes that I just want them to go BPA. 

34 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Parson would do well as Parsons.

His real name is Micah Parsons.    Waiting changed it, appropriately as an Iggles' Phan, to "Michael Parson".  Pure genius.

I’ve summed up everyone’s wants from the last few days:

9FC06D4A-DFF1-4C5E-85EE-3E2F8FAB5694.png

19 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

:offtopic:

So they have a vaccine under testing through the US government that may be a SARS, including the common cold, be all.  Today they announce that they are close on an AIDS vaccine.  Live science.  Encourage your kids to be scientists. 

Let's hope the woke don't ruin science in academia.

9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

His real name is Micah Parsons.    Waiting changed it, appropriately as an Iggles' Phan, to "Michael Parson".  Pure genius.

He might have a point - it’s tough to resist Parsonzz.

26 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

:offtopic:

So they have a vaccine under testing through the US government that may be a SARS, including the common cold, be all.  Today they announce that they are close on an AIDS vaccine.  Live science.  Encourage your kids to be scientists. 

Its a grind thats not for everyone. We know most of what we work on will fail. But we fail forward incrementally over years. 

11 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Let's hope the woke don't ruin science in academia.

Just don't ask them to show their work.

Now that we're more removed from the Miami trade, my opinion has shifted more toward loving the move. Miami or Cincinnati would've gotten Chase anyway.

I think pick 12 is almost -- almost -- impossible to completely screw up. They're likely to get Surtain, Horn, Waddle, or Paye; all 4 of those guys would be rock solid additions (although I'd be initially furious if they passed on Waddle).

23 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

His real name is Micah Parsons.    Waiting changed it, appropriately as an Iggles' Phan, to "Michael Parson".  Pure genius.

See I already screwed it up.  I get fewer iq points deducted for erroneously dropping an s than for adding one though.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.