Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

There’s a common thread between those two players for me.  When the Eagles selected Barnett at #14 in 2017 I was somewhat angry, because there were better players on the board at positions of need.  The Eagles selecting Paye at #12 would make me very angry:

image.gif.2ec28a0ff62d1290228680d262a0b7b2.gif

Yeah I'm torn on Paye at 12, I like Paye but I think 12 is too high for him yet I've seen mocks with him going before 12.

I actually like phillips from miami better though 12 is too high for him as well and I don't think there is any way he makes it to the eagles 2nd.

This draft is just so uncertain after the first few picks as there is just a huge jumble of players with similar grades.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

I’d like his teammate instead — 

Forrest ran the 40-yard dash in an unofficial time of 4.38 seconds, had 21 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, a vertical jump of 39 inches and a broad jump of 11 feet to steal the show at Cincinnati's pro day inside the bubble at the Sheakley Athletic Center.

"My goal today was to go out there and just put up great numbers and I feel like I accomplished that," the 6-foot, 206-pound draft hopeful told The Enquirer. "It's showing that the hard work I put down in Fort Lauderdale is paying off."

 

 

More the Merriman! - Ari Gold. Let’s take them both.

5 hours ago, Original Sin said:
 
 
Alabama career: Henry Ruggs 17.5 Yds/rec 12.0 Yds/tgt 2.26 Yds/route
 
Jerry Jeudy 17.3 Yds/rec 11.4 Yds/tgt 3.31 Yds/route
 
DeVonta Smith 16.9 Yds/rec 12.6 Yds/tgt 3.59 Yds/route
 
Jaylen Waddle 18.9 Yds/rec 15.3 Yds/tgt 3.62 Yds/route

I think Waddle will go before Smith for sure. There are rumors about Miami being high on him. 

9 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

I think Waddle will go before Smith for sure. There are rumors about Miami being high on him. 

I’m almost certain Waddle goes before Smith

I just saw Jamar Chase ran under a 4 second short shuttle. That is freaking rare. 🤯

I would trade up for him in a heartbeat. 

Who do I contact to get my profile updated? I found my old profile Screenshot with my post count and stuff. 

3 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

I just saw Jamar Chase ran under a 4 second short shuttle. That is freaking rare. 🤯

I would trade up for him in a heartbeat. 

If only we had, say, the 6th pick we could get a guy like that.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If only we had, say, the 6th pick we could get a guy like that.

Don’t need. The guy that’s so good at identifying talent before their pick is in prime position to trade back. 

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Don’t need. The guy that’s so good at identifying talent before their pick is in prime position to trade back. 

I’m setting my sights very low for this draft.  For me 2017 was the worst; Barnett at #14 was "Huh?”, Jones at #43 was "really?”, Douglas at #99 was "okay?”, and it got worse from there.  Hollins was a "Who?” and Pumphrey was an absolute "WTF?”

2020 was tainted by the head-scratcher selections of Hurts and Davion Taylor.  This year I’m just hoping there aren’t any selections that make me scratch my head.

18 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I’m setting my sights very low for this draft.  For me 2017 was the worst; Barnett at #14 was "Huh?”, Jones at #43 was "really?”, Douglas at #99 was "okay?”, and it got worse from there.  Hollins was a "Who?” and Pumphrey was an absolute "WTF?”

2020 was tainted by the head-scratcher selections of Hurts and Davion Taylor.  This year I’m just hoping there aren’t any selections that make me scratch my head.

It’s funny you brought up 2017 and made it damning enough without bringing up Nate Gerry

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It’s funny you brought up 2017 and made it damning enough without bringing up Nate Gerry

I didn’t even know who Gerry was prior to that draft; just wasn’t on my radar as a prospect.  If he was I suspect I’d have felt much like Robert De Niro in the Eagles draft room to Howie being Christopher Walken:

 

 

10 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Man, I like Gowan but not at the top of my draft class quite.  Hips aren’t quite that fluid.  

I disagree, he is text book at the position , he gets nice and low and has real loose hips , probably has best recovery speed in the draft . All that along with his length , some team will get a hell of a CB , if I was in need of a  CB , I would use my first rd pick elsewhere and target Gowan in rd  2

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not sure about that, pepper was in the play going for the tackle and Byars hit him in the chest no helmet involved

I might be misremembering but I thought there is verbiage now about blocking towards your own goal line (directionally) being prohibited.

Are they tinkering with onside kick again - I still don’t remember bodies regularly being taken off the field in the original version (not anymore than a 4th and 15 play might produce).

As an aside to aside - I also miss fake PATs, and still think they should have narrowed or raised the goal posts slightly rather than eliminated that niche. 
 

In each of these cases I wasn’t consulted👎.

 

I wonder what the ramifications would be if KOs/FGs and PATs had to be drop kicks (more punters, no kickers).

 

9 hours ago, Utebird said:

He's 22 which is the average age of rookies so???

Arm length is fine for his height, he doesn't have super long arms but he doesn't have short arms either.

Brandon graham has 32.5 inch arms Paye is at 33.

 

33 inches isn't bad at all. Looked on video to have shortish arms and my quick Google search result had it at under 32 inches. He turns 23 during the season, which isn't ideal but isn't terrible.

But yeah, I think Paye panic would be a little excessive. Still, starting with the 6th pick and winding up with Paye would be a little frustrating (and especially frustrating if Waddle is still there).

Here's my deal with Paye...

He's a better athlete than Barnett (well, everyone is).  He's got good burst off the LOS, much like 2010 Graham.  He doesn't have anywhere near Graham's productivity.  Much like Graham and Barnett, he's got a high floor and is very likely to be someone that has many people with less high standards defending the draft choice and his "better than expected" contribution for the draft spot.

But I would also be very confident that another player at the same position will be drafted later in round 1 and have a better career.  Multiple guys are either better athletes or were more dangerous in college will go later in rounds 1-2.  He's not really someone that anyone expects to be the best, most dangerous edge rusher in this draft.

I don't think you are going to get a franchise level defensive player in him, just a good starting DE.

One may be OK with that, but at some point the Eagles are going to have to draft players that actually differentiate this team.  You know how everyone says they can't all be home runs?  Well, they can't all be strikeouts with a few singles sprinkled in either.

9 hours ago, Utebird said:

Yeah I'm torn on Paye at 12, I like Paye but I think 12 is too high for him yet I've seen mocks with him going before 12.

I actually like phillips from miami better though 12 is too high for him as well and I don't think there is any way he makes it to the eagles 2nd.

This draft is just so uncertain after the first few picks as there is just a huge jumble of players with similar grades.

This is the very reason I was ok with the trade down. 

A couple Eagles writers speculating over the Eagles trading back into the 1st to get Terrace Marshall. How would you all feel about going Horn/Surtain at 12 and Marshall somewhere in the 20s?

I think JOK would look good playing for the eagles , probably even trade back a couple spots and land him 

5 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

A couple Eagles writers speculating over the Eagles trading back into the 1st to get Terrace Marshall. How would you all feel about going Horn/Surtain at 12 and Marshall somewhere in the 20s?

Marshall is a better complement to what we have, but I like Rondale Moore better than any WR outside the top 3. But he’s kinda redundant to what we hope we have in Reagor. Depends on how they see those guys. But Marshall is good and would be fine with me. I just don’t think he’s super special

I doubt Marshall runs a 4.38 from his highlights.  At best a 4.45 guy.  I'd rather still trade down 3-7 spots and see who's available between him and Bateman.  If they're both still available,  I would still take Bateman over Marshall. 

11 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I doubt Marshall runs a 4.38 from his highlights.  At best a 4.45 guy.  I'd rather still trade down 3-7 spots and see who's available between him and Bateman.  If they're both still available,  I would still take Bateman over Marshall. 

I hope Howie doesn’t get too cute with trade downs and miss out on players just to pick up an extra late round pick

image.thumb.jpeg.58b197543dff77f9f49350ed3160fcca.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I doubt Marshall runs a 4.38 from his highlights.  At best a 4.45 guy.  I'd rather still trade down 3-7 spots and see who's available between him and Bateman.  If they're both still available,  I would still take Bateman over Marshall. 

I'm definitely preferring Bateman over Marshall, but Bateman could go in the teens so that's a no for me.

If WRs drop though...

I think one reason Howie took the bird in the hand (trade to #12) is this draft may be very unpredictable.

What with teams maybe trading up for a QB, with so many players with no or limited 2020 film, there is going to be a lot of divergence between draft boards.

And that means players you don't expect will drop/rise, teams will target certain guys, and there will be opportunities to move around.

Problem is you probably won't know until close to the time your 15/5 minutes come up.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Howie makes a half dozen draft day trades, if a half dozen guys are in the same tier, listen to any offer to move down 3-4 slots, and if those guys don't get chosen, move down another 3-4 slots. Conversely, if someone you have a first round grade slides into the mid to late 2nd rd, trade up.

15 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I think one reason Howie took the bird in the hand (trade to #12) is this draft may be very unpredictable.

What with teams maybe trading up for a QB, with so many players with no or limited 2020 film, there is going to be a lot of divergence between draft boards.

And that means players you don't expect will drop/rise, teams will target certain guys, and there will be opportunities to move around.

Problem is you probably won't know until close to the time your 15/5 minutes come up.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Howie makes a half dozen draft day trades, if a half dozen guys are in the same tier, listen to any offer to move down 3-4 slots, and if those guys don't get chosen, move down another 3-4 slots. Conversely, if someone you have a first round grade slides into the mid to late 2nd rd, trade up.

The problem with all this is.. do we even trust this organization to make the right selections?

They make a lot of really bad picks. 
 

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.