Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

27 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I think they also see it as ammo to make a move up for a qb.

our pick and Miami pick should both be top 15

Could well be. I think Hurts is going to work out but yes, they appear well situated for the 2022 draft.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Curious as to your thinking here. Why is Smith more capable of being a high volume WR?

 

Because we saw him do it for multiple years in college.  The one season that Waddle got a high volume of targets he had a season ending injury. 

1 hour ago, QBhunter58 said:

Waddle is bringing something elite to the table, thats the push for me

 

So is Devonta.  He's an elite route runner with elite hands and elite after the catch ability. 

54 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I think they also see it as ammo to make a move up for a qb.

our pick and Miami pick should both be top 15

What?!  Our pick will be #32.  

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

I think they also see it as ammo to make a move up for a qb.

our pick and Miami pick should both be top 15

 

I highly doubt Miami will be top 15.  They won 10 games last year and that's a team on the rise. 

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Because we saw him do it for multiple years in college.  The one season that Waddle got a high volume of targets he had a season ending injury. 

 

So is Devonta.  He's an elite route runner with elite hands and elite after the catch ability. 

I guess it defines how you describe elite, I think of it as top percentile... I would say Devonta is an elite route runner with, really good to great hands, and above average after the catch ability. Dont get me wrong, I would be happy with either guy if we go WR, both guys will get open, on a regular basis.

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Because we saw him do it for multiple years in college.  The one season that Waddle got a high volume of targets he had a season ending injury. 

 

So is Devonta.  He's an elite route runner with elite hands and elite after the catch ability. 

I'm not sure how relevant Waddle's injury is to the analysis but I think it's worthwhile noting that all of the reception leaders in the NFL had seasons of close to a 100 receptions in college except for Diggs. His highest college total was 62.  

Honestly, I feel like there's 4-5 guys that should be available at 12 that I would be thrilled to pick.  None of them is named "Mac Jones" or "Trey Lance".  

Waddle / Devonta would help to improve our WR room. 

Jaycee Horn / Surtain helps a bad secodary. 

Micah Parsons would give us the best linebacker we've had in a really long time.

Don't mess this up Howie!

41 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Okay But Its Probably Not Going To Happen Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

This is why I only root for the most chaotic picks.  I think Farley, Smith and Paye may be in the running at this point.  Rousseau is also a possibility because he tested so poorly.  

5 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Honestly, I feel like there's 4-5 guys that should be available at 12 that I would be thrilled to pick.  None of them is named "Mac Jones" or "Trey Lance".  

Waddle / Devonta would help to improve our WR room. 

Jaycee Horn / Surtain helps a bad secodary. 

Micah Parsons would give us the best linebacker we've had in a really long time.

Don't mess this up Howie!

It’s time to Paye!!!! You know that’s where they’re going.

6 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Honestly, I feel like there's 4-5 guys that should be available at 12 that I would be thrilled to pick.  None of them is named "Mac Jones" or "Trey Lance".  

Waddle / Devonta would help to improve our WR room. 

Jaycee Horn / Surtain helps a bad secodary. 

Micah Parsons would give us the best linebacker we've had in a really long time.

Don't mess this up Howie!

We're definitely going DE.  

4 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

33 inches isn't bad at all. Looked on video to have shortish arms and my quick Google search result had it at under 32 inches. He turns 23 during the season, which isn't ideal but isn't terrible.

But yeah, I think Paye panic would be a little excessive. Still, starting with the 6th pick and winding up with Paye would be a little frustrating (and especially frustrating if Waddle is still there).

I think no matter who the eagles pick there will be a large part of the fan base that's unhappy.

There are just so many different guys at 12 that have similar grades and that fans want.

I mean what if Pitts slides to 12 and eagles pass the Pitts fan club will lose their 💩

There seems to be a lot of fan fare on heard for jaycee horn, others want a WR of waddle or smith.

Others want a DE and some would even take Parsons

I think I'm luke warm on all.

The eagles need so much I don't care what position it is or which player I just hope who ever Howie takes is a good player.

They can't afford to get a danny watkins or some other scrub.

Just draft a good player, I think there will be multiple players at that spot that will be considered players that dropped lower than they should so just pick the right one.

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

It’s time to Paye!!!! You know that’s where they’re going.

Kwity while you're ahead

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

We're definitely going DE.  

Sounds very Howie.  Don't do it, dude. 

I think Nico Collins is so underrated , reminds me of TO 

25 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

I guess it defines how you describe elite, I think of it as top percentile... I would say Devonta is an elite route runner with, really good to great hands, and above average after the catch ability. Dont get me wrong, I would be happy with either guy if we go WR, both guys will get open, on a regular basis.

 

Not sure how you can say that Devonta Smith is just above average after the catch.  He has Ms made soany big plays throughout his career at Alabama after the catch. He is a threat to score a TD no matter where on the field he catches the ball. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Not sure how you can say that Devonta Smith is just above average after the catch.  He has Ms made soany big plays throughout his career at Alabama after the catch. He is a threat to score a TD no matter where on the field he catches the ball. 

And no WO can make the difficult catches he does , over and over again . Just put it close for him 

13 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

I just saw Jamar Chase ran under a 4 second short shuttle. That is freaking rare. 🤯

I would trade up for him in a heartbeat. 

Jalen Mills was 4.0 flat

Wait.  No.

The most Howie thing to do will be to trade back a few more times, then draft a guy that is coming off of a major injury that probably won't be ready to play in time for the start of the season.  Then claim he is "top-10 talent" and that he was their guy all along.

I'm not a draftnick.  Certainly, somebody matches that profile?

 

 

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I think Nico Collins is so underrated , reminds me of TO 

Agree. He's got tools. I think we can get him with one of our thirds.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Not sure how you can say that Devonta Smith is just above average after the catch.  He has Ms made soany big plays throughout his career at Alabama after the catch. He is a threat to score a TD no matter where on the field he catches the ball. 

I like Devonta.  He's a baller and a huge deep receiving threat.  He worries me for two reasons: 1. he's just not that big, he's one hit away from IR and I don't see him catching a ball across the middle.  2. His skills match pretty closely with Jalen Reagor.  We need somebody with complementary skills to Reagor.  

Still, I wouldn't mind picking him with 12.

14 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Sounds very Howie.  Don't do it, dude. 

It's the rules. 

3 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Agree. He's got tools. I think we can get him with one of our thirds.

That would be my guy in round 3 too. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

That would be my guy in round 3 too. 

Would be a good fit with our other guys. Maybe we can trade JJAW for a conditional eighth and put in a big guy who can actually play.

2 hours ago, Original Sin said:
Scott Barrett
 
 
· Apr 24, 2020
"Speed only matters for WRs in relation to their ability to escape the LOS." - Belichick

Belichick, despite being a GOAT HC, has also never drafted a particularly good WR.  He’s almost Howie bad at it.  
 

The best WR he’s had in his offense was kind of fast.

9 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I like Devonta.  He's a baller and a huge deep receiving threat.  He worries me for two reasons: 1. he's just not that big, he's one hit away from IR and I don't see him catching a ball across the middle.  2. His skills match pretty closely with Jalen Reagor.  We need somebody with complementary skills to Reagor.  

Still, I wouldn't mind picking him with 12.

 

I don't buy that he is one hit away from IR.  He has been a high volume WR in the toughest football conference in college going up against defenders that have gone to the NFL and will be going to the NFL and he has never taken a hit that has sent him to IR.  The only injury he did suffer that took him out was a broken finger in the national championship game after he already tore Ohio State up for over 200 yards in the first half. 

Jaelon Reagor is no comparison to Devonta Smith. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.