Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

20 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I like Devonta.  He's a baller and a huge deep receiving threat.  He worries me for two reasons: 1. he's just not that big, he's one hit away from IR and I don't see him catching a ball across the middle.  2. His skills match pretty closely with Jalen Reagor.  We need somebody with complementary skills to Reagor.  

Still, I wouldn't mind picking him with 12.

I don’t agree with the rigid Eagle philosophy of needing one slender fast WR, one slow power forward, and one slow but shifty slot.

Its a rigid way of looking at the position, results in a congested offense, and has served them extremely poorly over the years.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Per Brugler's draft guide: Micah Parsons was suspended from HS his junior year by inciting a riot after he allegedly yelled "gun" in school's cafeteria. 

Afterwards he transferred and claimed it was because his mom moved out of district.

— Joe Rowles (@JoRo_NFL) April 7, 2021

4 hours ago, purplefiggy said:

This is the very reason I was ok with the trade down. 

Yup I think the value in trading down is going to be very similar to what one could get at 12

Not a lot separating guys say 8-32

I think it’s a lot to assume that 5 QBs and 4 pass catchers will be off the board in the first 11 picks, although if ATL trades out it becomes almost a lock for QBs going 1-4.

I’m still stubbornly sticking to my prediction that Chase or Pitts could be sitting there for the Eagles.  Let’s hope MIA and DET love Waddle and Devonta Smith 

6 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Per Brugler's draft guide: Micah Parsons was suspended from HS his junior year by inciting a riot after he allegedly yelled "gun" in school's cafeteria. 

Afterwards he transferred and claimed it was because his mom moved out of district.

— Joe Rowles (@JoRo_NFL) April 7, 2021

Undraftable.

 

 

:roll:

 

 

 

God help us all if we're indited for the dumb ish we did when we all were teenagers

16 hours ago, BigEFly said:

I don’t think they will.  There are extremes on both sides and most people are in the middle.  Their reaction to cancel culture on both sides is they can F off.   Note that Lindsay Graham is back on the side of global warming and Sarah Palin is saying wear a mask, for example.  The Pope said J&J’s vaccine is acceptable.  I know in academia, you are battling Woke crap from the left.  Bottom line is that choice of where to educate and what education is offered is on non extremists so in the long run, universities run the risk of losing customers, both students and those funding research and such.  Walk the middle line.  

BTW, how is your friend faring?

I am encouraged.  Can you imagine never catching a cold again?

We are in stasis.  We await the official report that will serve as the basis for the hearing. I think the university is deliberately slow-walking the proceedings.

This is quite unfortunate for my friend as his research career is on hold.

23 hours ago, Original Sin said:

I’m not a fan of him that early , I would actually prefer Meinerz  , later

Meinerz could be Kelce's little brother, or at the very least...frat brother

UW-Whitewater's Quinn Meinerz's belly blows up Twitter as he makes the most  of Senior Bowl spotlight | College Football | madison.com

18 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

What’s the one position that you would be upset they didn’t address in rounds 1-3?

Cornerback

Would Terrace Marshall and Nico Collins be too much of a good thing?

Goedert/Marshall/Collins/Reagor (slot) and Sanders in the backfield. 

 

Spoiler

377905734_Nice2.gif.62c329a8caaa65ce3c0b83f888a9d950.gif

 

Hunter Long looks like Zach Ertz went back to college 

I’d be happy to trade one of our late-round picks for him. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’d be happy to trade one of our late-round picks for him. 

Maybe I'm making too much of this next year (and likely the following year) being a rebuilding year but I don't see much point in trading a draft pick for an expiring player.

4 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

Maybe I'm making too much of this next year (and likely the following year) being a rebuilding year but I don't see much point in trading a draft pick for an expiring player.

Because if you like him, you can extend him, or at least have a leg up in re-signing him. 

The hit rate of picks in rounds 5-7 is so low it’s basically a free spin. 

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He was running late = speeding

Early morning in a comfortable arse car= tired

Bad stretch of road = lost control

 

Def should get reckless driving for excessive speeding.  

 

He's an entitled rich dude= he thinks he doesn't have to follow the rules.

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I hate to be this guy, but I'd be really curious if we could Flip Ertz for him. 

With that being said, I still think Ertz ends up as a JET

#12 & Ertz for #20, #52, and a 2022 3rd

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

He's an entitled rich dude= he thinks he doesn't have to follow the rules.

Hey, C’mon!  Give the guy a break .... 

He inadvertently mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal .... driving at 87 MPH ..... where one’s foot would almost have to already be on the gas pedal, unless during a NASCAR race .... evidence says he didn’t even touch the brakes.

Like I said — pure B.S. to salvage a famous person’s reputation (such that it is)

He’s smelling what I’m cooking. 

8 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

#12 & Ertz for #20, #52, and a 2022 3rd

I would hate that trade. I think Miller is a good player but he hasn't really proven it in the NFL. Dropping 8 spots is too much. 

13 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

I would hate that trade. I think Miller is a good player but he hasn't really proven it in the NFL. Dropping 8 spots is too much. 

It's a pretty good trade, value wise. Essentially you would be trading Ertz for a 2022 3rd and getting Miller for nothing.

I don't think I would be thrilled moving from #6 to #12 all the way to #20 though.

17 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He’s smelling what I’m cooking. 

 

Waste of draft resources to get a guy on an expiring contract when they have plenty of young WRs on the roster as is. 

He must read the board 
 
feel nico collins is underrated. here's the best receivers at first down % in the power 5 (per sportsinfosolutions) 1. Jalen Nailor (84.6%)
2. Nico Collins (83.8%)
3. Terrance Marshall Jr. (82.6%)
4. Javon Wims (80.0%)
5. Chris Olave (78.8%)
 
 
 
they see these guys , I see TO
 
PFF Fantasy Football
 
 
· 4h
Nico Collins player comparisons include:

 
 
D.K. Metcalf
 
Chase Claypool
 
Michael Pittman Jr.


 
2 hours ago, Original Sin said:

I think Nico Collins is so underrated , reminds me of TO 

I think he's more Alshon Jeffery but I'd be thrilled if he comes close to either of them.  I like him too.  He's going to be a MUCH better pro than he was college WR. 

43 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He’s smelling what I’m cooking. 

Don't eff around with Howie's day 3 picks.  He needs them to move all over round 6 and 7.

59 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Hey, C’mon!  Give the guy a break .... 

He inadvertently mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal .... driving at 87 MPH ..... where one’s foot would almost have to already be on the gas pedal, unless during a NASCAR race .... evidence says he didn’t even touch the brakes.

Like I said — pure B.S. to salvage a famous person’s reputation (such that it is)

This guy?

 

Nov. 27 Tiger Woods crashes his Cadillac Escalade into a fire hydrant and a neighbour's tree at 2:25 a.m. just metres away from his Florida mansion. Mr. Woods's wife, Elin Nordegren, uses a golf club to smash one of the SUV's back windows, later telling police she was trying to get her unconscious husband out of the vehicle. Mr. Woods is briefly hospitalized.

44 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's a pretty good trade, value wise. Essentially you would be trading Ertz for a 2022 3rd and getting Miller for nothing.

I don't think I would be thrilled moving from #6 to #12 all the way to #20 though.

Moving from 12 to 20 would precisely be my main problem. I wouldn't even do it without including Ertz. 

15 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

This guy?

 

Nov. 27 Tiger Woods crashes his Cadillac Escalade into a fire hydrant and a neighbour's tree at 2:25 a.m. just metres away from his Florida mansion. Mr. Woods's wife, Elin Nordegren, uses a golf club to smash one of the SUV's back windows, later telling police she was trying to get her unconscious husband out of the vehicle. Mr. Woods is briefly hospitalized.

"Pills are good! Pills are good!”

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.