Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, Original Sin said:
There have been 28 top-10 WRs drafted since 2000. Here they are ranked by Career Aprox. Value (via ProFootballRe
 1. Julio
2. Andre Johnson
3. Fitz
4. Megatron
5. Green
6. Plaxico
7. Evans
8. Crabtree
9. THEODORE GINN JR.
 
Most top-10 WRs end up worse than TED GINN

Now do all the better positions.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

2018 QB situation - franchise QB backed up by reigning super bowl MVP 

2021 - guy who gets benched at halftime in college for sucking backed up by no one 

Devalued positions are going to look, by far, like the best top 10 investments (on average).  That’s because only generational players at devalued positions go top 10.  More critical positions are drained early, regardless of ultra high end versus merely promising talent.  
 

This is not a reason to start drafting safeties, off ball LBs, and running backs top 15.

17 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

2018 QB situation - franchise QB backed up by reigning super bowl MVP 

2021 - guy who gets benched at halftime in college for sucking backed up by no one 

Flacco is a Super Bowl MVP and eats W’s like Jameis Winston

image.thumb.png.2b52d98e511d960eeb8eecf86274b913.png

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Flacco is a Super Bowl MVP and eats W’s like Jameis Winston

image.thumb.png.2b52d98e511d960eeb8eecf86274b913.png

That would have to be a violation now in terms of violating covid protection protocol. No more eating W's.

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

That would have to be a violation now in terms of violating covid protection protocol. No more eating W's.

The new norm.

The Eagles most overrated need is O-Line. If healthy, they’re fine next year. Unless there’s a better center group in this draft than next, I would say that CB, WR, DE, LB, S take priority.

10 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

The Eagles most overrated need is O-Line. If healthy, they’re fine next year. Unless there’s a better center group in this draft than next, I would say that CB, WR, DE, LB, S take priority.

Agreed. I could see the argument for drafting Sewell, but other than him, I don’t see why you would take any O-Line in the first three rounds. 

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Agreed. I could see the argument for drafting Sewell, but other than him, I don’t see why you would take any O-Line in the first three rounds. 

I want Creed Humphrey pretty bad. I’d love to not worry about center for another decade. That’d be one thing less I have to worry about. I’d appreciate at least that much respect from Howie

54 minutes ago, blindside said:

I want Creed Humphrey pretty bad. I’d love to not worry about center for another decade. That’d be one thing less I have to worry about. I’d appreciate at least that much respect from Howie

Yeah, Sewell/Slater in the 1st (BPA likely), Humphrey in the 2nd (another BPA) or Dalman in the 4th which is probably more realistic, given the list of immediate needs and the Stoutland effect.. coal to gold. 

5 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

The Eagles most overrated need is O-Line. If healthy, they’re fine next year. Unless there’s a better center group in this draft than next, I would say that CB, WR, DE, LB, S take priority.

Yea but they’re not healthy and they won’t be.

5 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

The Eagles most overrated need is O-Line. If healthy, they’re fine next year. Unless there’s a better center group in this draft than next, I would say that CB, WR, DE, LB, S take priority.

The LT position is a huge question mark. Saying we have both Mailata and Dillard proves there isn’t a solidified starter. Both could be good, both could suck. We don’t know. 

Mailata is a great story and has tremendous upside. However, the Dallas game he was 07 Winston Justice vs. Osi Umenyora bad... yet still is getting a huge pass for that putrid performance. 
 

This will be a make or break year for Dillard but, imo, he should be the starter going into camp. 

Peter Schrager’s mock has Mills going in rd 1 , where I have been thinking he may go , at least early 2nd , he also has Waddle to the eagles ,like most mocks I have seen do 

 

 

I don't know where Mills goes exactly, but the buzz around the league is that he could be a first-round pick and will most likely be the sixth quarterback selected. I'll throw him to Tampa Bay, where he can learn from a pretty good QB1


https://www.nfl.com/_amp/peter-schrager-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-pats-trade-up-for-justin-fields-cardinals?__twitter_impression=true

5 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Agreed. I could see the argument for drafting Sewell, but other than him, I don’t see why you would take any O-Line in the first three rounds. 

When Seumalo got hurt we had Kelce and Mailata and three other guys who couldn't play. Beast likes Humphrey and, while I didn't see a lot in his game, it may well be that he wasn't asked to do the things Kelce does so well. He certainly tested well. And Wyatt Davis is a beast. I want one of those two guys , probably with our 2nd. I do not want to see Herbig or Matt Pryor play another snap for us.

 

8 minutes ago, justrelax said:

When Seumalo got hurt we had Kelce and Mailata and three other guys who couldn't play. Beast likes Humphrey and, while I didn't see a lot in his game, it may well be that he wasn't asked to do the things Kelce does so well. He certainly tested well. And Wyatt Davis is a beast. I want one of those two guys , probably with our 2nd. I do not want to see Herbig or Matt Pryor play another snap for us.

 

But not in rd 1 

21 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

But not in rd 1 

Agreed.

 

9 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yeah he’s no Reuben Randle 

 

Yeah he plays a completely different position. 

40 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Mailata is a great story and has tremendous upside. However, the Dallas game he was 07 Winston Justice vs. Osi Umenyora bad... yet still is getting a huge pass for that putrid performance. 
 

This will be a make or break year for Dillard but, imo, he should be the starter going into camp. 

 

Dillard is trash.  You want to compare Mailata to that Winston Justice game when Dillard actually had a Winston Justice game. Dillard is too weak to play oline in the NFL and does not have the mentality for it. 

I want The Cowboys to trade lots of picks to draft Pitts - it will suck to play against him twice a year, but how in the hell are they going to keep all those skill players happy on a game by game basis? And not materially improve their D while they doing it?

I'm all in on it.

 

Kelce is pretty much done after this season. If the Eagles see a center with Pro Bowl potential they should take him as early as round 2. 

Please let him go top 11. 

On the Howard signing... The Eagles need a 2nd RB who can do a good job in pass protection.  Another factor in signing him, I'd think

I don’t see Barmore going before pick 20 , he actually wasn’t all that , but the ability is there

Barmore is solid, but not a difference maker. If we draft him at 12, it would be the worst pick since Marcus Smith.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.