Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

30 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Eagles front office:

Dude that wasn’t good enough to finish the college National championship game >>>> our very own Super Bowl MVP 

 

Foles was trash in Jacksonville and Chicago.  This roster sucks.  He would be trash here too. He offers no future upside. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

I have no problem with the Wilson signing.  I haven't watched him play directly (I doubt many of us have).  But all the readily available info suggests he's young, athletic, good in coverage, and bad against the run as a lightweight.  In this passing league, there is almost certainly a meaningful role on a defense if you learn how to maximize the matchups with a player like that.  I doubt he's ever going to complement Tayor well...but Singleton or Bradley maybe.  (I don't think the Eagles are viewing Taylor as promising 3rd round draft pick with 2021 expectations...I think they may see him as one of those nearly dead on arrival guys, but I digress).

 

We are paying our DT group exactly 198 billion dollars next year (including a few million to Malik Jackson) to stop the run.  Let's be honest here...they have not been a real factor in the pass rush and are not going to be next year.  We know this.  So let them earn some of that money and plug up the middle so these lightweight LB's can help in coverage. 

 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Foles was trash in Jacksonville and Chicago.  This roster sucks.  He would be trash here too. He offers no future upside. 

Yeah he’s no Reuben Randle 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Here's what ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting about one team's pursuit of Pitts, via First Take:

"Dallas Cowboys longtime owner and GM Jerry Jones is 'infatuated' with Florida Gators tight end Kyle Pitts. Pitts, widely considered the best non-QB talent in this draft. The Cowboys currently have the No. 10 pick in the 2021 Draft, but Mortensen believes that Jones could trade up to select Pitts to join the Cowboys as another offensive weapon for Dak Prescott."

kind of hope atlanta takes him at 4 (doubtful) but i imagine the cowboys want to move up ahead of carolina whom i think go pitts is Sewell is off the board.

I think the Falcons will take Pitts at 4.  I don't think we will have to worry about that. And, if they go offense again, they will stink again because that defense is terrible. Also, there is only one football to go around and Dak, although slightly above average, is limited in terms of always making the right reads and being accurate.

51 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Lol. He might be a problem on run downs. 

That makes me have nightmares about Simoneau.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

I think the Falcons will take Pitts at 4.  I don't think we will have to worry about that. And, if they go offense again, they will stink again because that defense is terrible. Also, there is only one football to go around and Dak, although slightly above average, is limited in terms of always making the right reads and being accurate.

What's the new policy going to be on criticizing Dak now that he has been labeled as the upside and best-case reason for optimism in Hurts?

Just now, eagle45 said:

What's the new policy going to be on Dak now that he has been labeled as the upside and best-case reason for optimism in Hurts?

Just compare him to McNabb and say he has better leadership qualities.😄

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I have no problem with the Wilson signing.  I haven't watched him play directly (I doubt many of us have).  But all the readily available info suggests he's young, athletic, good in coverage, and bad against the run as a lightweight.  In this passing league, there is almost certainly a meaningful role on a defense if you learn how to maximize the matchups with a player like that.  I doubt he's ever going to complement Tayor well...but Singleton or Bradley maybe.  (I don't think the Eagles are viewing Taylor as promising 3rd round draft pick with 2021 expectations...I think they may see him as one of those nearly dead on arrival guys, but I digress).

 

I don't think Wilson means anything of the sort. He's on a one year deal, he's an experienced cover LB, Edwards and Singleton are run stoppers.

Howie likes to have a lineup that's complete going into the draft, doesn't mean that's the lineup in September or December, just that you're not engaging in wishful thinking.

Taylor and Bradley will play on STs, get a lot of hands on coaching, and if they step up, well, contracts aren't guaranteed until the 1st game, and at worse, if they beat out Wilson he's gone after the season. Same if they draft a power back and he beats out Howard. Or Wallace beats out Adams. And so on.

Another reason to bring in veterans is coaches want someone on the field who has a clue when they surrounded by 1st and 2nd year players.

Just now, austinfan said:

I don't think Wilson means anything of the sort. He's on a one year deal, he's an experienced cover LB, Edwards and Singleton are run stoppers.

Howie likes to have a lineup that's complete going into the draft, doesn't mean that's the lineup in September or December, just that you're not engaging in wishful thinking.

Taylor and Bradley will play on STs, get a lot of hands on coaching, and if they step up, well, contracts aren't guaranteed until the 1st game, and at worse, if they beat out Wilson he's gone after the season. Same if they draft a power back and he beats out Howard. Or Wallace beats out Adams. And so on.

Another reason to bring in veterans is coaches want someone on the field who has a clue when they surrounded by 1st and 2nd year players.

Wilson's signing doesn't mean that, no, certainly not at that price.  Other things might.

16 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah but with how he handled the whole Dak situation gives me some hope he’d do something like that 

He didn’t overpay for an asset. Seems like the reverse. 

I think JJ, RIP, was about 10 years ahead of the direction the NFL went in.

He has been immortalized here, but I think he may have been more of a really good DC than a truly great one.  His defenses always had a little bit of that bend but don't break flair to them.  But their strengths and weaknesses would play so, so well in today's NFL.

The complex and multiple looks of blitzes...the goal these days is to disrupt a passing game.  You are still going to give up points, they are still going to mostly have their way with you...but if you disrupt them, that gives your offense enough daylight to reliably win the shootout.  And JJ's undersized downhill blitzing defenses that struggled against the run while disrupting the pass with pressure through varied gaps would probably do just that.  Players like McCoy, Simoneau and some of those undersized "fastball" DL...they might actually translate decently today.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

What's the new policy going to be on criticizing Dak now that he has been labeled as the upside and best-case reason for optimism in Hurts?

image.gif.ac5ed13b2917da592b91fc924364dd3d.gif

 

5 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

He didn’t overpay for an asset. Seems like the reverse. 

Definitely shouldn’t have waited until after his fourth season to try and get that done when he was franchised. Do you think the eagles would ever allow it to get to that point if they had a franchise QB ? Wentz they gave an extension too after a torn acl and back fracture after his third season so it couldn’t get to that point where you had that sideshow going on. 

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think JJ, RIP, was about 10 years ahead of the direction the NFL went in.

He has been immortalized here, but I think he may have been more of a really good DC than a truly great one.  His defenses always had a little bit of that bend but don't break flair to them.  But their strengths and weaknesses would play so, so well in today's NFL.

The complex and multiple looks of blitzes...the goal these days is to disrupt a passing game.  You are still going to give up points, they are still going to mostly have their way with you...but if you disrupt them, that gives your offense enough daylight to reliably win the shootout.  And JJ's undersized downhill blitzing defenses that struggled against the run while disrupting the pass with pressure through varied gaps would probably do just that.  Players like McCoy, Simoneau and some of those undersized "fastball" DL...they might actually translate decently today.

I think JJ was a great DC.  They gave him below average LBs for the most part, except for Trotter and Barber/Caldwell were okay.  But, Simoneau, Patterson, Labinjo and some of the other dreck they were putting at LBs made it harder for JJ.  Even Trotter, as great as he was going downhill, wasn't very good in coverage.  Honestly, I think Schwartz probably wanted out because I don't know many DCs that wouldn't want a lot of talent to work with. I don't get why some people feel Jim was okay with what was happening in terms of acquiring talent. I would bet that he wasn't very happy with Howie.  There has been a philosophy here since Banner regarding LBs not mattering that much.  Howie has continued it.  That handcuffs a DC to some degree.  Also, the CB drafting has been pretty bad for many years, except for Lito and Sheldon.

21 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I have no problem with the Wilson signing.  I haven't watched him play directly (I doubt many of us have).  But all the readily available info suggests he's young, athletic, good in coverage, and bad against the run as a lightweight.  In this passing league, there is almost certainly a meaningful role on a defense if you learn how to maximize the matchups with a player like that.  I doubt he's ever going to complement Tayor well...but Singleton or Bradley maybe.  (I don't think the Eagles are viewing Taylor as promising 3rd round draft pick with 2021 expectations...I think they may see him as one of those nearly dead on arrival guys, but I digress).

 

Maybe it was out of necessity only, but Wilson played SAM for Minnesota last year. Maybe he moves to Will here, which would seem to fit his run and chase skillset. 

21 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I think the Falcons will take Pitts at 4.  I don't think we will have to worry about that. And, if they go offense again, they will stink again because that defense is terrible. Also, there is only one football to go around and Dak, although slightly above average, is limited in terms of always making the right reads and being accurate.

Falcons are going to trade back and probably still get a good offensive weapon.

1 minute ago, Diehardfan said:

Falcons are going to trade back and probably still get a good offensive weapon.

We'll see. But, I think they really like Pitts but they aren't putting it out there for media consumption.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

We'll see. But, I think they really like Pitts but they aren't putting it out there for media consumption.

Taking a TE at 4 is how a GM gets fired. We'll see.

Just now, Diehardfan said:

Taking a TE at 4 is how a GM gets fired. We'll see.

A conventional TE, yes.  A TE/WR with unusual attributes and 4.4 speed, no.

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

A conventional TE, yes.  A TE/WR with unusual attributes and 4.4 speed, no.

Yes just call him what he is. A big slot receiver. 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s already been debunked by the authorities.  He was heading to a filming spot with Drew Brees and Justin Herbert.   He was also seen rushing out of the resort he was staying at.  Tiger wasn’t drunk or on drugs at 7 am on his way to an obligation with a future Hall of Fame QB.  
 

I just remembered.   You’re the one who said all golfers are entitled rich guys or trust fund babies or something to that affect.   Yeah.  That was something.   

So it's like I said before, he thinks his obligations entitle him to break the law? 

If he wasn't inebriated or impaired then I would conclude he's just a real crappy irresponsible dumb driver.

You'd think a guy who is an " athlete" would be able to navigate a turn.

I mean I'm far from an athlete and as mentioned I have my share of speeding tickets and yet I've never totalled my car, cuz I'm not a dumb ass.

Yes I did say golfers were trust fund babies it was tongue in cheek but let's not act like Tiger woods doesn't have a history of D baggery.

 

Just now, CaliEagle said:

A conventional TE, yes.  A TE/WR with unusual attributes and 4.4 speed, no.

Yeah, but still a TE and people lose sight of that because he is fast and a new toy that could dominate the league playing two positions. He may end up being good, but unless he is better than Gronk in his prime that's how a GM loses his job IMO. Especially, when they can trade back, get more picks, and still get one of the top WR in the draft. The league will find a way to cover him.

3 hours ago, Original Sin said:
There have been 28 top-10 WRs drafted since 2000. Here they are ranked by Career Aprox. Value (via ProFootballRe
 1. Julio
2. Andre Johnson
3. Fitz
4. Megatron
5. Green
6. Plaxico
7. Evans
8. Crabtree
9. THEODORE GINN JR.
 
Most top-10 WRs end up worse than TED GINN

Megatron might be the best WR of all time if you don't take longevity into account.

29 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I think the Falcons will take Pitts at 4.  I don't think we will have to worry about that. And, if they go offense again, they will stink again because that defense is terrible. Also, there is only one football to go around and Dak, although slightly above average, is limited in terms of always making the right reads and being accurate.

I think the Cowboys will go Defense.

Anyone think 5 QBs could go top 11?

Falcons take OL perhaps, Bengals take Chase, Lions take QB, Panthers take OL, Dolphins take Waddle after we trade Ertz to them, Broncos take Defense, Giants get Parsons...

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.