Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

If eagles must have a DT , instead of Barmore at 12 , give me McNeil or Williams rd 2 or Marshall mid rounds 

 

The Eagles draft a DT only if the BPA.  DE fits more with what they do, look to the future with draft choices. That future need is DE next year and DT the following year so it makes more sense that they draft a DE this year and play him at the #4 DE and a DT next year and play him at the #3 DT. So many holes. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

"A lot of teams have been talking about first and second down having me go sideline to sideline and on third down having me go get the quarterback. So, I think I'm going to walk into a great position."

Quote from Parsons.  Not sure if that means him playing DE or simply blitziing from the LB position but his versatility is what makes him so good.  He would be the best DE in this draft also which is why I think he has to be the pick if available at 12

 

No one is considering parsons at DE...

42 minutes ago, greend said:

21st isn't "almost dead last". That said I agree that he's not very good

Well he was ahead of 2...the rest were not ranked due to being new.  So it is almost dead last.  21 of 23

56 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

It covers both. It actually starts with a historical background on Russia, an overview of Marxist political theory at the time and starts the real history part starting with Alexander II.  The podcast is called Revolutions by Mike Duncan.  The podcast covers Western/European Revolutions starting with the English Revolution through this last series on the Russian Revolution.  It's been ongoing since 2013.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Duncan_(podcaster) 

Thanks, may give it a listen. 

54 minutes ago, greend said:

21st isn't "almost dead last". That said I agree that he's not very good

Lol. Man, I can’t even trust ESP to tweet accurately. That’s on me. 

28 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

 

It important when you put together a team's draft scorecard that you provide league-wide context.  Need to consider how well other teams do with their first round DL picks before drawing a conclusion.

Marcus Smith was interesting.  Guy was the NCAA sack leader with a tremendous motor.  Looked like a good pick but turns out he didn’t love ball.  That wasn’t obvious from any college tape.  

53 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

They only ranked 23 and ignored rookie GMs.

Lol. So I can trust ESP?!?!?!

39 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

And what happens when those guys are on the board at 12 and the Eagles take Barmore?  There's a lot of smoke going up around him and the Eagles right now.  

That's why it's so easy to be negative.   You look at the Eagles track record of drafting and trends they seem to follow.  Barmore is JUST the kind of pick the Eagles would make even with that talent on the board.

Trust me, I want to be excited about the Eagles, I want fun things to talk about and exciting prospects but if you look at what they do and how they've done things, nothing points to them taking the obvious clear cut talent.  

You are talking yourself into it.  If it happens we will all complain and cry real tears of frustration, but why convince yourself of pain to come?  I don't think they take him.  If we are to believe all the stories that Lurie is directing traffic and his edict is to build around Hurts, the reach at 12 would be offensive line.  

 

I don't think you'll see Lurie very involved anymore, he's sensitive to his image and it probably embarrassed him to be the focal point of stories about his interference.

Though it would be funny as hell if Sirianni resurrects JJAW, Reagor became an explosive weapon and Hurts is a top 15 QB this season and Dillard becomes the LT and Mialata replaces an injured Lane and makes the pro bowl.

 

Incoming QB pick.

The Eagles always want to know the price up or down. It's not a big deal.

Only way we trade up is if Pitts or Chase fall to 8 or 9. 

NDIrish’s new site is pretty good.  (Can’t remember who posted the link a few days ago, but thanks.) Nice to see Matt reviewing prospects again.  He had this on Surtain:

I noticed something on film that not many people talk about and it really worries me. I mentioned him being handsy. Let’s say you haven’t played football, but you’ve played basketball. You feel your opponent with your hands while boxing out, posting up or whatever. Surtain covers like that. When he doesn’t "have hands”, the results were consistent. He got beat.

Now I think Matt, exaggerated a bit with the end but he is right that when he got beat he had lost the receiver.  Surtain does hand check.  A lot of good CBs do that. He isn’t grabby, but he does feel for the receiver.  I hadn’t noticed this as much until Matt mentioned it.  

Check out his site  

https://jetrolot.com

15 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Marcus Smith was interesting.  Guy was the NCAA sack leader with a tremendous motor.  Looked like a good pick but turns out he didn’t love ball.  That wasn’t obvious from any college tape.  

Eeh.  He had the strength of a HS football player, wasn't a particularly good athlete, and his sack numbers were very, very inflated.  He was a reach from the start.  His college tape really was not impressive.

5 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I don't think you'll see Lurie very involved anymore, he's sensitive to his image and it probably embarrassed him to be the focal point of stories about his interference.

Lol. 

27 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

No one is considering parsons at DE...

Why not on 3rd downs?  He was the top 1-2 recruit coming out of high school as a DE.  Penn State switched him to Linebacker.  I'm saying he gives you that flexibility if you want to put him there on 3rd downs

 

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Eeh.  He had the strength of a HS football player, wasn't a particularly good athlete, and his sack numbers were very, very inflated.  He was a reach from the start.  His college tape really was not impressive.

We were looking for Barwin 2.0. Smith had the ability to rush off the edge (although limited, and his sacks were inflated by unblocked sacks), but he had the ability to drop into coverage. 

Chip hated him and he battled depression. The pick was DOA. 

The Eagles trading into 8-9 would be interesting.  

Question 1: What player do the Eagles not like enough to hang in there at 6, but like enough to trade up from 12?  Sure, Howie almost certainly traded back as a defensive maneuver under the assumption that certain players would be gone by 6.  But if he REALLY liked one of them, he probably would just hang in there at 6.

Question 2: I assume/hope all 2022 first round picks and #37 would be off the table in a trade up.  So what ammunition would Howie use to crack the top 10?  

I 100% support using our glut of mid round picks to trade up, but I figured the logical move was to go from #37 into late round 1.  Going a few spots from 12 to 8-9 can be pretty pricey and you need to be really in love with a player.  And if they are, then why trade out of #6 in the first place?

6 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Incoming QB pick.

Buzz, two weeks before the draft.  I suspect Howie has inquired every direction as it fits his MO, so easy to predict.  There may be players he has identified that if they slip to 8 or 9, he might want to know what the cost would be.  Easy for that sort of thing to get out.  Also, if you want Jerry to do something to move up, just steer the leak and anyone looking will see that Howie has done his initial due diligence and could misread towards the leak.  

Maybe Barmore is a target to trade up into the back end of the second round using their 2nd and a 3rd.

Just now, ManuManu said:

We were looking for Barwin 2.0. Smith had the ability to rush off the edge (although limited, and his sacks were inflated by unblocked sacks), but he had the ability to drop into coverage. 

Chip hated him and he battled depression. The pick was DOA. 

Yep.  While Smith sucked and was a bad first round pick, I think the DOA complete waste of a pick status was because he got caught up in the power struggle between Chip and Howie.  Smith was the product of Howie getting too cute in the draft and Chip wanted to prove a point by keeping him off the field.  I think the guy registered a comical 5 defensive snaps or something in his rookie year, despite being healthy.

Even the worst first round picks are spoon feed more snaps than that due to their draft investment.  

I really think JJAW may have been caught up in a similar, albeit less combustible, struggle between Doug and Lowie.  Another horrible pick and bad player, but I think he may have been underutilized considering the other guys getting snaps ahead of him.

13 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

NDIrish’s new site is pretty good.  (Can’t remember who posted the link a few days ago, but thanks.) Nice to see Matt reviewing prospects again.  He had this on Surtain:

Check out his site  

https://jetrolot.com

I've been posting a lot of his stuff because it's really good!

I'm surprised how much he dislikes Devonta Smith though. 

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Eeh.  He had the strength of a HS football player, wasn't a particularly good athlete, and his sack numbers were very, very inflated.  He was a reach from the start.  His college tape really was not impressive.

He had a mid first round grade.  Not sure about the reach. He was not very agile and that bothered me.  Fast enough but not a blazer.  But what sunk him was mental and I can see how that was missed. 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

He had a mid first round grade.  Not sure about the reach. He was not very agile and that bothered me.  Fast enough but not a blazer.  But what sunk him was mental and I can see how that was missed. 

Who had a mid first round grade on him?

A simple google trip through the 2014 draft shows late first through 3rd as the bookends, with the vast majority placing him in round 2.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.