EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Rome is such a California clown, I had to listen to part of his show yesterday for the first time in a long time. Absolute brainless interviewer.  So bad.   But I am glad this franchise is taking it's lumps nationally now.  

Rome is awesome.  I have been a clone since the late 90's, and listen every day.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Rome is such a California clown, I had to listen to part of his show yesterday for the first time in a long time. Absolute brainless interviewer.  So bad.   But I am glad this franchise is taking it's lumps nationally now.  

Jim Everett went too easy on him. He should have knocked him out.

27 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Sadly, that's sports in general moving forward.  It's turned me off completely.  I mean do we really need our professional sports teams with official statements about every single thing that happens in the country?  I can honestly say I haven't watched a single minute of Sixers basketball, an inning of Phillies baseball or even an entire Flyers game this year.  

Even when watching highlights of the Eagles 2020 season you're reminded of how much this stuff is plastered all over the field.  Politics have found their way in to sports and unfortunately it's not going away.  Did we really need VOTE painted on the fields and the countless other messages on the sidelines, endzones, hats, helmets?  

I'm going to sound like an old timer here but I want to turn on a game and watch football and just lose track of all the other crap happening in our world for 3 hours.  Not anymore.

Meh, Do what I do. DVR the games, skip through all the BS, including the national anthem (political pandering is why it became a "tradition") and just watch the games.

I treat political messaging like commercials, I do my own research on politics and goods I buy, I won't listen to people trying to sell me goods or their point of view.

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Meh, Do what I do. DVR the games, skip through all the BS, including the national anthem (political pandering is why it became a "tradition") and just watch the games.

I treat political messaging like commercials, I do my own research on politics and good I buy, I won't listen to people trying to sell me goods or their point of view.

Oh i know.  But like the previous poster stated, this draft is going to be littered with soft stories and political messaging when all we want to know is who the pick is and breakdown the fit on their new team.  None of this Tom Rinaldi type reporting. 

Turn the sound off, focus on the list of top players still available, and hit the internet to find out about the player they just chose.

Saves a lot of time, and you can do something else while you watch.

31 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Tried something different.  Forced the 1st trade but the points are close to working out

image.thumb.png.18352ba274e9489e300e3772cc0481b3.png

As someone else said, Great draft. However very unrealistic. Thats why I cant stand that Pff draft simulator, just too many unrealistic drafts with it. 

Stingley and Horn.. two top 15 NFL draft pick corners... Devonta beat both of those guy for touchdowns, in press man... but he’s not gonna be able to play in the NFL because of his size... but Horn and Stingley... theyre top NFL prospects. Sounds like a lot of mental gymnastics and overthinking. 

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Turn the sound off, focus on the list of top players still available, and hit the internet to find out about the player they just chose.

But then I can’t immediately know how pissed I should be at the selection. I like to have all that info beforehand so that I can instantly have an opinion and react accordingly

1 hour ago, metal said:

There is almost certainly going to be a ton of political messaging this year, no doubt. I'll likely be watching Bleacher Report, TDN or whatever else I can find instead of ESPN/ABC.

I loved ESPN when Gruden was on. He was the first analyst to break down their flaws. It wasn’t just a puff piece 

39 minutes ago, blindside said:

Stingley and Horn.. two top 15 NFL draft pick corners... Devonta beat both of those guy for touchdowns, in press man... but he’s not gonna be able to play in the NFL because of his size... but Horn and Stingley... theyre top NFL prospects. Sounds like a lot of mental gymnastics and overthinking. 

Either that ..... or he weighs 167 lbs 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Rome was never more interesting then he was at that very moment.  When he smirked and said, "I bet I will........Chris".  That was incredible.  

Rome's radio show is the best.  

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I loved ESPN when Gruden was on. He was the first analyst to break down their flaws. It wasn’t just a puff piece 

ESPN hit its peak in the early 2000s.  They had great commentators, Sports Center still ruled.  How many of us made sure we watched both morning and evening SC broadcasts?  I know it was a part of my daily routine.  It's pretty remarkable to go back and watch clips of the old shows.  Highlight after highlight.  SC is unbearable now.  

You had the Sports Reporters on Sunday morning if you wanted the sappy sob story.  

NFL Primetime was all about the highlights.  Not nextgen stats, over/unders and all of this other BS they have now.  

ESPN2 was there for the Xtreme Sports and smaller conference games.

I turn on ESPN for College Gameday, all the NCAA games they carry and College Football Final.

For the draft i flip between ESPN and NFLN depending on what they are covering.  If I see an interview coming up I flip.  Keep the laptop open and read stories more than watch.

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

For the draft i flip between ESPN and NFLN depending on what they are covering.  If I see an interview coming up I flip.  Keep the laptop open and read stories more than watch.

For the draft I will have NFLN on the TV, and listen to one of the Philly radio stations until they make their selection.  Then find random NFL radio to listen to.

11 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Either that ..... or he weighs 167 lbs 

But he beat future NFL players. How does the size matter, other than durability concerns? 

Guest justrelax
2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

What do you mean which scrubs exactly?  How many draft-eligible CB did he play against last year?  He played one game vs UGA, one game vs LSU, and one game vs OSU.

The other 10 games are basically foregone conclusions before they start.

And top-notch DBs every day in practice.

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

:huh:  Really?  He fluffed more than anyone.   This guy......

At least he pointed out what they need to do better. 

I remember clearly of him talking about the Oregon DE (drawing a blank) that Miami traded up for. He basically said he didn’t get the pick because he barely played. But he also puffed up Johnny Football haha 

14 minutes ago, blindside said:

But he beat future NFL players. How does the size matter, other than durability concerns? 

That’s the concern.  As a top half first round pick you’re counting on that player to be the alpha dog of the offense, the volume producer.  He’ll be absorbing a lot of contact.

There’s no question Smith would be the best WR the Eagles have the moment he steps on the field, so I’m not trying to say I’d be livid if he were the pick.  I’d be apprehensive, though.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  ESPN is a no go for me.  Way to WOKE and Political.  Plus, I am not sure if Berman is still around.  But I grew tired of him 15 years ago.  

I miss this. Sports were fun, the personalities were real.

and this

and this

and this

and love him or hate him this

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  ESPN is a no go for me.  Way to WOKE and Political.  Plus, I am not sure if Berman is still around.  But I grew tired of him 15 years ago.  

Someone should tell ESPN to take it to CVON 😉

Getting off track but the rabbit hole has me re-living childhood.  I can close my eyes and remember what it was like to get excited about games when I hear these themes.

Doc Emrick talking over the theme music

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

As someone else said, Great draft. However very unrealistic. Thats why I cant stand that Pff draft simulator, just too many unrealistic drafts with it. 

The draft never turns out how we expect it to.  It's totally random.  Dudes we think will go in 1st round go in the 3rd and vice versa.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Jim Rome is destroying him on his radio show right now.

Lol. People still listen to that ****?

2 hours ago, austinfan said:

Or just be mentally tougher and get over it. Bunch of whiners. 

Archived