EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Gotta love it, player says they will play in the slot, the all knowing afan says the player will not play in the slot.  Hilarious.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the RPS been played out yet?  Saw this and found it pretty funny.

md97pmsl3b171.jpg?attachment_cache_bust=3682121&quality=85&strip=info&w=600

15 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I'd love it if Sirianni can get through to Fulgham, for a five game stretch he was just as good as Jefferson, then the league caught up. It's up to him to put the work into fixing the flaws that the league exploited in slowing him down (handling press coverage, focusing on using his hands, etc.). You don't have a stretch like that if you lack talent, you don't get shut down like that unless you lack fundamentals.

I thought this was due more to Doug's pathetic use of personnel last season.  After the 4 game stretch where Fulgham was on an amazing hot streak, Alshon is suddenly healthy so Doug gives him over 1/2 of Fulgham's snaps.  I'm not optimistic on Fulgham's development regardless, but this seemed to be one of many egregious personnel decisions by Doug that surely had to impact Fulgham's confidence mid-season.  

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Gotta love it, player says they will play in the slot, the all knowing afan says the player will not play in the slot.  Hilarious.

It is Howies burner account so it makes sense

Mailata was first team LT, with Dillard on the second team. 

And Davion Taylor is third string MLB, for whatever reason. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

conversations on the blog during the offseason after the draft spacer.png

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

82473f119f42436922c8dea10dd09ac2.gif

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

And Davion Taylor is third string MLB, for whatever reason. 

Unless the plan is just to throw Taylor out to the wolves, Taylor has shown nothing that he deserves to sniff the field on defense.  

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

spacer.png

Guest justrelax
4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The questions were fine, his answers were awful.

"Jalen, what have you worked on this offseason to improve your game?"

"Everything"

"Can you expand on who you worked out with or some things specifically you did to improve any specific areas?"

"No, I don't want to get in to all that."

Well cut him then if it will make you happy.

Guest justrelax
2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

He looks to run on every play.  

No he does not. That’s bullshlt.

Reagor’s best role was always going to be a Z that moves into the slot from time to time. I’m glad Sirianni wants to move his WRs around and make them interchangeable. It’s smart. 

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

Really, you are calling an Australian with Irish and Polish heritage Adolf ??  You will not be long for this board.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Well cut him then if it will make you happy.

Or we can just acknowledge they are empty answers to fine questions and not "the terrible media questions”, move on to training camp and not get so dramatic. 

6 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

What's funny to me is that every Eagles head coach since Ed Khayat, with the exception of one-game head coach Fred Bruney, has gotten another head coaching gig. Mike McCormack. Dick Vermeil. Marion Campbell. Buddy Ryan. Rich Kotite. Ray Rhodes. Andy Reid. Chip Kelly. Every one of them. Even interim head coach Pat Shurmur got another gig. Kotite, Rhodes, and Kelly were even hired by other teams immediately after being fired by the Eagles after losing seasons. In Rhodes's case, even after a 3-win season. 

Yet their only coach to ever win a Super Bowl apparently doesn't even merit a sniff. Bizarre.

They fired him a week late...  he'll get sniffed next season.

"Everything"

"Can you expand on who you worked out with or some things specifically you did to improve any specific areas?"

image.jpeg.53962f365551ac22538587891981dcc3.jpeg

"Everything"

Doesn't bother me.  

4 hours ago, Swoop said:

So we passed on the "slot WR" Jefferson for a guy who was supposed to be more dynamic and stretch the field. Instead we got the worse player who's now being shifted to the slot while the original "slot WR" is a much better outside threat than our "dynamic WR"

Sounds about Eagles.

The salt in my wounds hurts more each day it seems.

3 hours ago, RLC said:

When it comes to evaluating college WRs, the biggest question is whether they can beat press. If they can, they can win inside/out. If they can't, then they're likely slots or movements Z. Jefferson struggled with this in college which is why people weren't sure if he could play outside. Clearly, he could.

If people thought Jefferson was this good, he'd have gone ahead of Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor, etc. Multiple teams passed on him with WR needs. 

Well, some people (cough cough) had Jefferson ranked above Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor, etc.    But, that doesn't matter now, I suppose.   The NFL has spoken, was proven wrong, but they are always right.   

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I absolutely didn’t want him.

True.  And I absolutely did want him.

23 minutes ago, justrelax said:

No he does not. That’s bullshlt.

Thanks for your opinion.  

If we're giving Mailata first-team reps over Dillard, we should trade him Dillard and/or extend Mailata. 

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

If we're giving Mailata first-team reps over Dillard, we should trade him Dillard and/or extend Mailata. 

23217o.jpg?a450360

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I'll be satisfied with any WR alignment that features Smith/Reagor/Watkins on the field.  Moving them around without rigid roles while maintaining some level of a comfort zone for them would be a  bonus.

I have no interest in seeing the continued development or evaluation of Fulgham and Hightower.  

Ward is a crutch.  If he's on the field, it means an investment has failed.I

I think you're giving up on hightower too quickly.

The guy shied away from contact and played scared but he also showed the ability to get behind a defense and run more than just that one route.

He was just a rookie last year playing in a horrid dysfunctional offense 

If he comes out and plays scared again I say cut him loose but if he shows he wants to compete and get dirty I think he can be an asset as a deep threat Z.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

I think you're giving up on hightower too quickly.

The guy shied away from contact and played scared but he also showed the ability to get behind a defense and run more than just that one route.

He was just a rookie last year playing in a horrid dysfunctional offense 

If he comes out and plays scared again I say cut him loose but if he shows he wants to compete and get dirty I think he can be an asset as a deep threat Z.

The issue I saw with Hightower being a concern was his inability to catch the ball, and it wasn't out of fear.  He doesn't know how to catch.  That needs to be fixed.

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The issue I saw with Hightower being a concern was his inability to catch the ball, and it wasn't out of fear.  He doesn't know how to catch.  That needs to be fixed.

I would agree A WR who can't catch isn't worth much.

I don't think we should give up on Fulgham. That 4-5 week stretch wasn't a fluke. He needs to get better at the LOS for sure, like most young receivers. I have way more hope that he can be a significant contributor than I do Watkins and Hightower (and maybe even Reagor).

Archived