EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Per Bo Wulf...

With Slay out, it was a little curious that Avonte Maddox spent more time in individual drills working with the safety group than the corners. 

No real difference in the individual drills a S does than a CB does, so that just may be where he was in the order. Media is desperately trying to come to any conclusion they can at this point. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy spends most of the season injured, when he does play, he plays with one guy who got benched and another guy most are 99% sure isn’t a franchise QB and runs first. But Reagor should have outperformed Jefferson...

3 hours ago, RLC said:

If we're giving Mailata first-team reps over Dillard, we should trade him Dillard and/or extend Mailata. 

They are doing individual drills in front of the media.  No 7 on 7, no 11 on 11, no installs, no drills of offense v defense.  Personally, some of my favorite drills are the ones going on here where the coaches are teaching subtle things.  But no one is taking first or second team reps at this point.  

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

For those concerned about Reagor being the slot this year, he also was the first person lining up at Z. Smith was at X. 

When were they lining up in the x and z versus just running some routes.  Was one really off the line of scrimmage when the other was tight to the line?  

17 minutes ago, blindside said:

You guys are funny. You have a WR who got injured most of the season, gets killed by "fans” on Twitter, gets compared to a WR we passed on who has nothing to do with him and has to hear the media destroy not only his draft selection but everything about him and you want him to be all friendly and talkative? That’s unrealistic and silly. But carry on

JFC talk about missing the point 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

JFC talk about missing the point 

I’m sorry, you’re right. These reporters never ask leading questions for a reaction, and players shouldn’t have human emotion. My bad

Freak, Smith looks looks thin in the videos. Someone feed him some Tastykakes.

1 minute ago, blindside said:

I’m sorry, you’re right. These reporters never ask leading questions for a reaction, and players shouldn’t have human emotion. My bad

Literally no one besides me and one other person is talking about him not being friendly or talkative. The other person blamed the media questions, I pointed out the questions aren’t bad, he’s just choosing to be vague. That’s literally it. No one cares or expects him to be friendly or talkative. 

7 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

For the first time  Kempski's stick figure drawing will be a realistic representation😄

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Sorry i ate all the butterscotch krimpets myself :angel

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My point was responding to someone who said the interview was bad because of the questions. The questions were fine there just wasn’t substance. 

This was the biggest takeaway.

I thought when he came out he reminded me of Chris chambers who had a pretty good career in the league. I still think with his ability to be stretch the field and leaping ability that’s what he can be. There used to be a time where WRs really showed progress the first couple years in the league then year three they tended to really hit their stride. I’m hoping he’s able to do it. I feel like the smith, goedert (can stay healthy)and if sanders can get back to being a good receiving threat it should only help him. 

7 hours ago, schuy7 said:

Gotta love Reagor talking crap before he does anything (again).

That wasn't talking crap, that was confidence. Are you younger or older than me?

7 hours ago, BigEFly said:

No real difference in the individual drills a S does than a CB does, so that just may be where he was in the order. Media is desperately trying to come to any conclusion they can at this point. 

🙄

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The guy was asked 3 times to explain what he’s done in the offseason to improve and he can’t answer it.  I think the biggest improvement for him is to get Devonta Smith on his team.  Maybe he can learn and grow because of Smith.  Work ethic, good habits, route running, etc....  But I’m not impressed with him as a professional.  Just something about him. Hope I’m wrong.  

He did answer it. He said "everything". What did you want him to do go through all of his workout routines?  C'mon man it's a generic press conference. We'll see soon enough whether he's improved or not. I will say he seemed to have a better rapport with Hurts than he did with Wentz. We'll see, I'm just not going to make a big deal over what players say to the stupid Philly media at least about those subjects anyways.

13 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well, some people (cough cough) had Jefferson ranked above Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor, etc.    But, that doesn't matter now, I suppose.   The NFL has spoken, was proven wrong, but they are always right.   

True.  And I absolutely did want him.

He who laughs last. Should’ve given TO his money ... absolutely 

All I hear in DC is how great Fitzpatrick is going to be and what an upgrade he is at QB.  How the offense in DC is dramatically improved, blah, blah, blah.

I don’t see it.  Fitzpatrick is a 37 year old journeyman QB that has literally played for a quarter of the teams in the NFL.  You’ll get a good game or two out of him, but that’s about it.  Fitzmagic never lasts the whole season.

WTF should be in it because of that defense but I don’t see them as serious contenders for anything.

16 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

All I hear in DC is how great Fitzpatrick is going to be and what an upgrade he is at QB.  How the offense in DC is dramatically improved, blah, blah, blah.

I don’t see it.  Fitzpatrick is a 37 year old journeyman QB that has literally played for a quarter of the teams in the NFL.  You’ll get a good game or two out of him, but that’s about it.  Fitzmagic never lasts the whole season.

WTF should be in it because of that defense but I don’t see them as serious contenders for anything.

I agree but Fitzmagic will probably own us this year

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

This is how I see it going. He waits 2-3 year gets an OC job. Looks great. Maybe it was philly;'s fault. Lands an HC job and then poops the bed again. 

By "poops the bed”, you mean win another SB after putting together some of the most courageous and creative play calling in the team’s history? Especially after being considered by some as the worst hire in the profession? We should all strive to poop the bed the way Doug did then. 

12 hours ago, bpac55 said:

did we ever have a beginning?

He actually was hyped up (by the local media) during the TC and PS of his rookie year.   Then the real games started and he turned into a pumpkin.

29 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Taylor Heinicke is the wild card when he inevitably comes in later in the season.  Can he build off of that promising showing against the Bucs in the playoffs? 

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

This is how I see it going. He waits 2-3 year gets an OC job. Looks great. Maybe it was philly;'s fault. Lands an HC job and then poops the bed again. 

I can see if Bieniemy finally gets a HC job maybe Reid brings him back as OC.

4 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I can see if Bieniemy finally gets a HC job maybe Reid brings him back as OC.

I don't. He'd promote Kafka. 

Archived