EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

🙄

Bo Wulf is the worst Eagles reporter on The Athletic staff.  His article that others took as gospel referred to "first team”, "second team” and "nominal third team”  individual skill reps.  Even he put team in quotes and admitted Stout may change the order the next day.  

Watch DB individual reps on skill drills.  What is different for Ss from CBs?  They back pedal the same.  They flip drill the same.  They mirror drill the same.  They attack drill the same. They do ball drills the same.  Frankly, what is the difference in play between a strong safety and a nickel back about 90% of the time.   The best strong safeties have nickel skills and the best nickels can play RBs and TEs like a SS.  When asked, Maddox said he is learning each DB position  so that if called upon, he can play where asked. Note that in the OTAs, there are on DB on receiver drills.

I know we are starved for Eagles news but I do believe that the reporters’ conclusions have to be read with a bit of skepticism.   I also think the misdirection and vague answers from Howie and Nick have been embraced by the players.  Look how quickly Reagor walked his comments back.   The longer the team can hide scheme and approaches the longer they have an advantage over other teams and the better the disguises work.  They won a Super Bowl doing that as there was less tape on what they were doing with Foles and the fake walkthrough to confuse the Pats defensive prep.  Then they watched as starter Foles the next year flopped early because they were running the same thing as they ended the year with.  The longer Sirianni and Gannon can hide their approaches the better for the Eagles.  I expect a vanilla PS and nothing shown during installs.  I also expect Wulf, Kempski and the like to continue to speculate as well.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BigEFly said:

Bo Wulf is the worst Eagles reporter on The Athletic staff.  His article that others took as gospel referred to "first team”, "second team” and "nominal third team”  individual skill reps.  Even he put team in quotes and admitted Stout may change the order the next day.  

Watch DB individual reps on skill drills.  What is different for Ss from CBs?  They back pedal the same.  They flip drill the same.  They mirror drill the same.  They attack drill the same. They do ball drills the same.  Frankly, what is the difference in play between a strong safety and a nickel back about 90% of the time.   The best strong safeties have nickel skills and the best nickels can play RBs and TEs like a SS.  When asked, Maddox said he is learning each DB position  so that if called upon, he can play where asked. Note that in the OTAs, there are on DB on receiver drills.

I know we are starved for Eagles news but I do believe that the reporters’ conclusions have to be read with a bit of skepticism.   I also think the misdirection and vague answers from Howie and Nick have been embraced by the players.  Look how quickly Reagor walked his comments back.   The longer the team can hide scheme and approaches the longer they have an advantage over other teams and the better the disguises work.  They won a Super Bowl doing that as there was less tape on what they were doing with Foles and the fake walkthrough to confuse the Pats defensive prep.  Then they watched as starter Foles the next year flopped early because they were running the same thing as they ended the year with.  The longer Sirianni and Gannon can hide their approaches the better for the Eagles.  I expect a vanilla PS and nothing shown during installs.  I also expect Wulf, Kempski and the like to continue to speculate as well.  

Bo is trash. He takes himself for some comedian and is rarely able to put out a seriously written article.  He also often feels the need to shoe horn in his political beliefs to his Eagles articles. 

19 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Just one more on a long list of reasons to hate Trump, the Pats and Tom Brady👎

30 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

So our Senator could betray the Eagles and be bought for the offer of campaign money.  Guess we should be glad he doesn’t represent us any longer. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Shame on him for not allowing a US Senator to spend hard earned tax payers money on an investigation into an NFL football team.   Sure wish our government got more involved in stuff like that.  I mean what else is there for them to do?   JFC. Some of you people are ridiculous.  

I deleted my post after I found out the money is being used for charity.  Which is cool.....if true.  

Fair enough. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  Shame on him for not allowing a US Senator to spend hard earned tax payers money on an investigation into an NFL football team.   Sure wish our government got more involved in stuff like that.  I mean what else is there for them to do?   JFC. Some of you people are ridiculous.  

I deleted my post after I found out the money is being used for charity.  Which is cool.....if true.  

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/12127

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

To a degree. The Cowboys wouldn't have made him the highest paid player in the NFL if there were serious concerns about his recovery. 

He can recover just fine and still not be the player he was prior to the injury. They're gambling that he can be, we'll see this season if it pays off 

28 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Just one more on a long list of reasons to hate Trump, the Pats and Tom Brady👎

Meh. I was mad about all of that until they ended up going to the super bowl four times after their "punishment”, winning 3 of them. They obviously didn’t need to cheat to have won those earlier SBs.

It sucks because they probably beat us in 2004 without cheating but we’ll always have to deal with the reality of never really knowing.

The Trump part is a very different story and…well…I’m not going to go there.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Is this training camp or practice at Nova Care for these OTAs? 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s cute.  Ridiculous opinion.  Terrible use of taxpayers money.  And to cry about it being stopped is even more ridiculous.   

That's cute, your ridiculous opinion...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2009/12/why-is-congress-always-meddling-with-sports.html

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/28864-government-and-sports-where-integrity-stops-and-control-begins.amp.html

http://legal-league.com/law/1421.html

Here's a few more.

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No politician, especially a congressman, should be using their time investigating cheating in the NFL or any other sport for that matter.  That’s not what they are elected for.  JFC.  

So a cheat in a significant conglomeration of billion dollar businesses that operate because of a combination of an antitrust exemption and primarily taxpayer funded arenas and impacts a more and more entwined trillion dollar industry (gambling) and significant revenues across the major media outlets should be exempt from queries and investigations by the body that granted the antitrust exemption and regulates the entwined industries.  Gotcha.   Let’s protect the billionaires from the masses and our representatives.  

7 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Meh. I was mad about all of that until they ended up going to the super bowl four times after their "punishment”, winning 3 of them. They obviously didn’t need to cheat to have won those earlier SBs.

It sucks because they probably beat us in 2004 without cheating but we’ll always have to deal with the reality of never really knowing.

The Trump part is a very different story and…well…I’m not going to go there.

Except after spygate there was deflategate so...

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He didn’t say ish.  LOL.  You really think he worked hard to improve based off of his answer?   The guy has been butt sore because of the criticism and that’s how he responds?  Weak.  Better rapport with Hurts?  I don’t think there was near enough evidence of any rapport they might have had.  

Yeah, I know. Why should he say ish?   I don't know if he worked hard and even if he said he did I still wouldn't.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I couldn't care less about the rapport between players off the field, only on it.  We'll see.

I meant on. We'll see though is completely right.

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

If facebook flags something you know it's true. 

At the end of the day to have a energy sufficient country and change that within 100 days was a big mistake. To allow, and push for other countries to have pipelines and not our owns is laughable. 

Heard a great quote the other day. No one if FOR Joe Biden, they just hate Trump that much. 

i.e. theyd rather eat a poop sandwich because they dont like bologna 

Trump was the poop sandwich...

Guest justrelax
38 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

So our Senator could betray the Eagles and be bought for the offer of campaign money.  Guess we should be glad he doesn’t represent us any longer. 

He didn’t take any money.

5 minutes ago, greend said:

I meant on. We'll see though is completely right.

I've been told I'm right two times today, and not told I was wrong.   I should just log off for good.   What a streak!

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You can attach as many Op-Eds as you want that fit your narrative.  But it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a ridiculous waste of tax payers money when we have real problems in this country.   

one of them doesn't fit my narrative, you obviously didn't read them.

The first is an opinion piece based on legalize of the why, the second is opinion that is kind in the middle of the debate and the 3rd is why it's legal or not 

31 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I personally thing 1/4 of Dak is better then the trash they had last year. 

I expect the cowboys to go 12-5

Oh for sure, idk about 12-5 but I think they definitely get to 10 wins. It'll be them and Washington battling.

Big thing for Dallas is their defense, it was as awful as their backup QB play last year. If they continue that they'll lose games 35-33 like they were before dak got injured.

Conversely for WFT, if they get even average QB play from Fitzpatrick they can kill this division with the way their defense looks to be. I expect to be swept by both teams, though I think we would have a better shot vs WFT. Dallas will probably put 30+ on this defense in both games.

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My point is he couldn’t give one example of what he did.  Why do interviews then if he doesn’t want to say ish.  He had plenty to say on social media.  That’s all I’m saying.  

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

That guy is an idiot if he thinks the eagles are going to just give ertz away. They'll get more than a 7th as a comp pick when he leaves in FA, and they don't need the money right this second. Really, really stupid take on his part.

3 minutes ago, devpool said:

That guy is an idiot if he thinks the eagles are going to just give ertz away. They'll get more than a 7th as a comp pick when he leaves in FA, and they don't need the money right this second. Really, really stupid take on his part.

True but how much is keeping a disgruntled player around in hopes of a comp pick???

Archived