EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I never said anything about the law.  I was saying it is a piss poor use of taxpayers money. Never said it was illegal.   

The first article I posted disagreed.

I think I'm somewhere In the middle, Id rather my tax money go to that rather than say paying for bombs and useless F35 jets no?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’d respect that more than flat out lying.  

How did he lie?  

17 minutes ago, justrelax said:

He didn’t take any money.

But he asked for it and that bothers me a lot.

15 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Woke up this morning and guess what... still want Nick Foles back. 

I woke up this morning and guess what.. I’m still alive. 

In the words of Mick Jagger, "you can’t always get what you want.” 😂

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No

Alright then, War profiteering over government investigating sports.🤔

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

This political debate is a boring one.

https://973espn.com/eagles-miles-sanders-in-middle-of-pack-of-pffs-rb-rankings-last-in-nfc-east/

Discuss that.

Is Miles Sanders the worst best weapon on a team in the NFL?

Sanders is unfortunately miscast here (or at least, was last year). He would have thrived I think on that 2017 team with Blount. But he cannot hold up to even 15 touches a game....he should get around 10, and with that amount is an absolutely great home run threat. But you need a guy who can handle the bulk of carries and wear down a defense. That's not Miles game. Hopefully the new staff can utilize him properly, and I do have some hope here as the backs in Indy were used very well last year. 

11 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

This political debate is a boring one.

https://973espn.com/eagles-miles-sanders-in-middle-of-pack-of-pffs-rb-rankings-last-in-nfc-east/

Discuss that.

Is Miles Sanders the worst best weapon on a team in the NFL?

I'd say his grade as 4th best back in the division is about right.

Barkley when healthy is a beast, and Gibson looked really good last year is young and only getting better.

Zeke I don't know I think he's getting ready to fall off a cliff so sanders could be better at this point 

I also think the eagles mis use sanders and him not being able to stay healthy has hurt him And the team

Just now, Utebird said:

I'd say his grade as 4th best back in the division is about right.

Barkley when healthy is a beast, and Gibson looked really good last year is young and only getting better.

Zeke I don't know I think he's getting ready to fall off a cliff so sanders could be better at this point 

I also think the eagles mis use sanders and him not being able to stay healthy has hurt him And the team

I think Zeke has 1 year left of being better than an average starter.  I'd probably value Sanders over him too.

Guest justrelax
18 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

But he asked for it and that bothers me a lot.

Not in the two stories I read and if he did, yes, that would bother me a lot.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just don’t man.   I know you desperately want me to engage you politically and I’m not going to bite.  It’s not the place.  I think it’s a poor use of our taxpayers money.  

You asked me a question.  I said no.  

I don't want to desperately engage you politically, I'd rather avoid engaging with you at all as by your own admission you're kind of an A hole.I've attempted to move on, remember you replied to my post not the other way around, 

I just watched the Reagor Press Conference and it’s blatantly obvious now that some of you didn’t. He answered literally every question. The first question was about Devonta Smith and he answered it well. The second question was about interacting with fans on social media and he said answered it well and admitted he shouldn’t have responded. The third one was about what he did in the offseason to improve and he answered that with a paragraph. He was later asked the same question but was asked specifics about where and who he worked out with and that’s when he said "I don’t want to go into too much detail, but I wanted to work on things I didn’t think I did well last year and wanted to get even better at things I did well.”

He never once have a non-answer or acted unprofessional. It’s obvious you guys read a tweet out of context and just want to pile on the guy because you don’t like the pick, because none of the negative stuff said about the PC even happened. "I don’t want to get into that” was never said. Not once. 

Making ish up doesn’t make it true. 

44 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My point is he couldn’t give one example of what he did.  Why do interviews then if he doesn’t want to say ish.  He had plenty to say on social media.  That’s all I’m saying.  

Probably cause he has to or else the taters will think he wants traded.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think Zeke has 1 year left of being better than an average starter.  I'd probably value Sanders over him too.

You stealing my hot takes now?  🤨 

3 minutes ago, blindside said:

I just watched the Reagor Press Conference and it’s blatantly obvious now that some of you didn’t. He answered literally every question. The first question was about Devonta Smith and he answered it well. The second question was about interacting with fans on social media and he said answered it well and admitted he shouldn’t have responded. The third one was about what he did in the offseason to improve and he answered that with a paragraph. He was later asked the same question but was asked specifics about where and who he worked out with and that’s when he said "I don’t want to go into too much detail, but I wanted to work on things I didn’t think I did well last year and wanted to get even better at things I did well.”

He never once have a non-answer or acted unprofessional. It’s obvious you guys read a tweet out of context and just want to pile on the guy because you don’t like the pick, because none of the negative stuff said about the PC even happened. "I don’t want to get into that” was never said. Not once. 

Making ish up doesn’t make it true. 

Ah, but something not being true doesn't stop people from running with it either.  

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Yup, I think it's been pretty well discussed over the off season that Zekes tires maybe a little thin on tread.

The cowboys have really run him into the ground and history suggests hes getting close to used up.

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think he's done this year. I out hottaked you

3 minutes ago, greend said:

I think he's done this year. I out hottaked you

But not me, bro... 

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

LOL.  You’ve attempted to move on by replying with more links and more political shots.  Even after I have a one word response. People I don’t want to engage with, get put on ignore.  And I certainly don’t respond to them, as you often do to me.  You should try it.  So that you can "move on”.  :lol:

I've never put any one on ignore, I don't see the point.

I've already moved on, posted about Zach Ertz trade and responded to a post about Mile's Sanders meanwhile during that same time you've only replied to me so.

37 minutes ago, Utebird said:

True but how much is keeping a disgruntled player around in hopes of a comp pick???

F ertz, he is disgruntled for no reason. Unloading him for a 7th and a throwaway player is a joke. If he sits out for the year it only hurts him. Wants to get paid more and then plays like he did this past season, he can STFU and earn the paycheck he is currently getting.

Compare it to the wentz situation and what we got from that. A disgruntled (also for no reason) player who was considered to be top 10 in the league (prior to this last season), is making a lot of money and played atrociously got us a 2nd/possible first. Factor in positional value and they should be trading ertz for a 4th/possible 3rd or not at all. Someone will sign him in FA and we'll get a comp pick. 

If he had a reason to he disgruntled i would worry about how the team looks in that situation. The team has done nothing to wrong ertz, he has zero reason to be disgruntled. F that guy.

1 minute ago, devpool said:

F ertz, he is disgruntled for no reason. Unloading him for a 7th and a throwaway player is a joke. If he sits out for the year it only hurts him. Wants to get paid more and then plays like he did this past season, he can STFU and earn the paycheck he is currently getting.

Compare it to the wentz situation and what we got from that. A disgruntled (also for no reason) player who was considered to be top 10 in the league (prior to this last season), is making a lot of money and played atrociously got us a 2nd/possible first. Factor in positional value and they should be trading ertz for a 4th/possible 3rd or not at all. Someone will sign him in FA and we'll get a comp pick. 

If he had a reason to he disgruntled i would worry about how the team looks in that situation. The team has done nothing to wrong ertz, he has zero reason to be disgruntled. F that guy.

I agree F Ertz, Howie offered him an extension Ertz said he wanted more then went out and played like a little B which didn't help his cause and hurt his trade value as well.

At this point though I'm not sure one wants that kind of attitude around the team and young guys so does one just keep him on the roster and pay him to stay away for a year until his co tract is up for a low comp pick, or does one just trade him for whatever now and wash ones hands of it, or does one actually play him this year in hopes he's not a cancer and can raise his trade or market value increasing his comp pick return?

Archived