EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

21 minutes ago, greend said:

I agree but Fitzmagic will probably own us this year

Oh yeah, Fitz can usually string together a few good games and they will probably all be against us.  Still, this guy is 38 and will turn 39 this year.  He's a career backup.  If you put a legit starting QB on this team they'd have a legit shot at winning the NFC.

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I dont think Fitz is a top 10 QB but he's light years better than Haskins/Allen. 

I think they got about 3 snaps all season from Kyle Allen, heh.  But yeah, he's definitely much better than Haskins.  I actually forgot that he started a bunch of games for them last year.  That guy is like the JV version of RG3.

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Taylor Heinicke is the wild card when he inevitably comes in later in the season.  Can he build off of that promising showing against the Bucs in the playoffs? 

He's another journeyman.  Heinicke played the game of his life against Brady and the Bucs.  Before that, he's another guy that has bounced around the league.  WTF is his 6th team, and he's mostly been a PS player.  Maybe he puts it all together this year and all of a sudden he turns into the next coming of Kurt Warner, but not many guys can do that.

10 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Nick called a good play there

BDN!!  That was the play call of a lifetime.  I think I just about fell out of my chair.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed that Fitzmagic can just as easily be Fitztragic, but with that defense and him just being a decent QB (which he is), they could be better than people expect. Not saying they'll be serious contenders, but could be a Wild Card team.

Could also see them beating the piss out of teams randomly depending on which Fitz shows up.

Wash is a QB away from contending i figure. make the big move next offseason (Rogers?). likely wont be picking high enough to go all in on a rookie

Doug is probably enjoying being paid while on vacation. he got a big extension after the SB didnt he?

I'm still kind of confused how the Eagles think it's a good thing to be doing "educational/learning" OTA's rather than the normal ones.  I see the top teams in the NFC holding regular OTA's right now and think why can't the Eagles just do that?  I really wish Sirianni would have come in with a firm stance in taking control of the team rather than letting veterans decide how they want to practice.  Not so much for the need to have OTA's but for Nick to say this is how things are done.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

I'm still kind of confused how the Eagles think it's a good thing to be doing "educational/learning" OTA's rather than the normal ones.  I see the top teams in the NFC holding regular OTA's right now and think why can't the Eagles just do that?  I really wish Sirianni would have come in with a firm stance in taking control of the team rather than letting veterans decide how they want to practice.  Not so much for the need to have OTA's but for Nick to say this is how things are done.

I disagree. It’s his first head coaching gig. He’s learning and by coming in and respecting the vets starts him off on the right foot. The days of the Parcells/Ryan style hard ass coaches are about done. 

It’s also only OTAs, so relax. 

The only thing that matters long term is wins and losses. 

7 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Wash is a QB away from contending i figure. make the big move next offseason (Rogers?). likely wont be picking high enough to go all in on a rookie

Doug is probably enjoying being paid while on vacation. he got a big extension after the SB didnt he?

Their defense is on the verge of something special and they got a few quality pieces on offense. But they’re still the dysfunctional Redskins in my eyes. They’ll choke even with a good QB. 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I disagree. It’s his first head coaching gig. He’s learning and by coming in and respecting the vets starts him off on the right foot. The days of the Parcells/Ryan style hard ass coaches are about done. 

It’s also only OTAs, so relax. 

The only thing that matters long term is wins and losses. 

I'm calm like I said just wondering why other teams feel it's OK.

If you ask me, having a brand new staff one of the best ways to get more wins than losses is to practice as much as you can.  OTA's would help this team.

17 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I like it. Spend OTAs getting all the nuances down and getting everyone on the same page so come training camp you're wasting less time teaching and more time practicing what they're going over right now.

43 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

They went 7-9 while getting 10 ( i think, maybe 11 games) from Haskins/Allen. 

I dont think Fitz is a top 10 QB but he's light years better than Haskins/Allen. 

The defense should be top 10. I like most of their weapons. I would guess 9-7. 

Could sneak in as a WC. I think the cowboys run away with this division. 

Depends on how Prescott recovers. Remember McNabb was a completely different QB after his 2006 injury and lost a lot of his mobility. Prescott is more accurate than McNabb but he relies on his mobility a lot as well

3 hours ago, greend said:

He did answer it. He said "everything". What did you want him to do go through all of his workout routines?  C'mon man it's a generic press conference. We'll see soon enough whether he's improved or not. I will say he seemed to have a better rapport with Hurts than he did with Wentz. We'll see, I'm just not going to make a big deal over what players say to the stupid Philly media at least about those subjects anyways.

I couldn't care less about the rapport between players off the field, only on it.  We'll see.

56 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Nick called a good play there

Just watching that play again... Torrey Smith was breaking wide open just behind Foles too.   2 options, but Burton made the right read.

48 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Agreed that Fitzmagic can just as easily be Fitztragic, but with that defense and him just being a decent QB (which he is), they could be better than people expect. Not saying they'll be serious contenders, but could be a Wild Card team.

Could also see them beating the piss out of teams randomly depending on which Fitz shows up.

If they lean on the defense and running game, I see them getting to double digit wins.  

Dallas might get close, but their defense will remain the Achilles heel, and Ewok has just about reached his expiration date (based on usage), I see his production dropping down significantly, this year or next year.

45 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

It was that or the players were going to boycott entirely.

43 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm calm like I said just wondering why other teams feel it's OK.

If you ask me, having a brand new staff one of the best ways to get more wins than losses is to practice as much as you can.  OTA's would help this team.

There have been like over 22 teams now that modified their offseason schedule. The majority aren't sticking to just 3 days of mandatory OTA's. 

Guest justrelax
9 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It was that or the players were going to boycott entirely.

Finally! The correct answer.

36 minutes ago, devpool said:

Depends on how Prescott recovers. Remember McNabb was a completely different QB after his 2006 injury and lost a lot of his mobility. Prescott is more accurate than McNabb but he relies on his mobility a lot as well

To a degree. The Cowboys wouldn't have made him the highest paid player in the NFL if there were serious concerns about his recovery. 

Reigning NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers looking like some random dad who needs to get back in the gym.

28 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

To a degree. The Cowboys wouldn't have made him the highest paid player in the NFL if there were serious concerns about his recovery. 

I disagree with this premise.  Dallas was painted into a corner, to an extent by themselves.   But, there's a difference between the medical evaluation and the results we see on the field.   He will have a mental barrier to get over, and then there is the rust issue, etc.   No one really knows how a player will bounce back from specific injuries, there is always uncertainty.  And while his injury may be 100% sound, his trust in it may not be there, and there's a cascade of outcomes that can come from the process of his reintegration.

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

He's another journeyman.  Heinicke played the game of his life against Brady and the Bucs.  Before that, he's another guy that has bounced around the league.  WTF is his 6th team, and he's mostly been a PS player.  Maybe he puts it all together this year and all of a sudden he turns into the next coming of Kurt Warner, but not many guys can do that.

He's a guy that finally got his shot after bouncing around and having to go to a secondary league like the XFL just as Kurt Warner did.  He played better than any other QB the Bucs played last post season.  Who knows, like I said he is a wild card when he inevitably gets another shot later this upcoming season.  It's not likely he will be this franchise QB in the rough but he could end up being what they need in the short term of this season. 

10 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Reigning NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers looking like some random dad who needs to get back in the gym.

Less than 10 years apart 🤷‍♂️

Archived