EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Guest justrelax
Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I didn't say anything about Ben other than his foul shooting.   

You get a pass then.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I didn't say anything about Ben other than his foul shooting.   

I know i commented on his ceiling. Nothing tonight is inconsistent with his static ceiling since he came in to the league. Still cant shoot and is a liability in the half court set and at the free throw line

Glad to see Maxey playing and attacking the rim. Like his potential

Hill has been a very good add. Better thani expected

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Glad to see Maxey playing and attacking the rim. Like his potential

Hill has been a very good add. Better thani expected

Always nice to get young guys some playoff experience, even if its 'garbage' time.  Of course... this is quite extended time for garbage time, and the lead isn't that big, but the bench is stretching it.

7 hours ago, justrelax said:

Not in the two stories I read and if he did, yes, that would bother me a lot.

The ESPN article says he called up Kraft and asked him for a donation. 

National media going to have a field day going after Philadelphia fans tomorrow for that fan pouring popcorn on Westbrook. 

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ok Fellas.  It's a pretty serious Grilling/BBQ'ing/Smoking weekend coming up.  This is what we have all trained for.  This is why we clean all those grills and lift all of that charcoal.  This is why we try something new in March to be ready for Memorial Day weekend!!  This is our time.  

Sadly, we have gotten to Wednesday and I have just started to think about what I want to grill this weekend.  Most likely just Fri, Sat and Sun.  Going to NC Zoo on Monday.  I heard it's going to be packed.  Now I'll understand where the cliché comes from.  

My neighbor is smoking a salmon.  I don't eat salmon.  Especially smoked salmon.  I am planning on going a little bit more fatty than that.  I have some NY Strips.  I have a Pork Belly, which will be a new endeavor for me.  Maybe do steaks one night.  Smoke pork belly and maybe shrimp boil or grilled chicken wings another night.  

Giant has pork shoulders and butts on sale.  May check those out.  Long smoke. 

29 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yet he was miraculously healed when someone dumped popcorn on him.  The way he acted and how the NBATV analysts acted you’d think he got hot chili dumped on him.  It’s f-ing popcorn. 

This 💯 

6 hours ago, justrelax said:

Being the Philistine again. I do my ribs in my Instant Pot. You can finish on the grill for tradition's sake.

That seems just wrong although the last pork picnic roast I cooked, I slow smoked to get a good smoke ring and finished it in the Instant Pot.   Much quicker than potting and covering on the grill and one of the best I have done.

But ribs cook low and slow rendering the fat so well yet time wise still pretty fast, I cannot see doing them in an Instant Pot.  And I would never do beef ribs that way.

A couple of months before my dad passed, I took him to Old Settlers Days in his hometown in South Dakota.  That is beef (and bison) country.  They had a rib contest and then each of the contestants ribs were available for a community eat, with early corn.  May have been some of the best beef ribs I have ever had. Sitting outside when so many distant relatives and some cousins dropping by to say hi to him.  Sometimes great food results in memories even greater than the food.

The usual cap doom and gloom folks didn't come out after the tweet about the cap increasing to 208M.

So I read this article explaining how it will affect the Eagles. 

While teams like the Packers, Cowboys, Rams, Saints, and Texans all project to be over the $208 million cap next year, Philadelphia will sit pretty with around $21 million as of now and the potential for $30 million more to be freed up the Birds makes moves or restructure the deals for Fletcher Cox, Brandon Graham, and others.

Shockingly not nearly as bad as some Howie haters here like to pretend. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

The usual cap doom and gloom folks didn't come out after the tweet about the cap increasing to 208M.

So I read this article explaining how it will affect the Eagles. 

Shockingly not nearly as bad as some Howie haters here like to pretend. 

Shall we put some context to this?   That's $21M with only 46 players 'under contract', and of those 46, 5 of them are in voided years, meaning, not really on the roster, bringing it down to 41.  And then there's the bottom 19 names on that list... 

Rashad Smith, Jason Huntley, Hakeem Butler, Josiah Scott, Joe Ostman, Arryn Siposs, Adrian Killins, Tyree Jackson, JaQuan Bailey, Jhamon Ausbon, Trevon Grimes, Jamie Newman, Harry Crider, Kayode Awosida, Jack Stoll, Khalil Tate, Matt Leo, Elijah Holyfield, Lavert Hill...   And very few of them will even make the 2021 roster, knocking that number of 41 down to about 30... maybe.  

But, yes, it's all sunshine and lollipops. 

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dude.  I tried this a few years ago.  I don't have a blackstone, but I used my pancake skillet.  That was a freaking mess.  But these came out incredible.  Best burgers I've ever made.  If you make smash burgers on the reg, then I am sure you have a press.  Which is a must for this recipe.  Oh and PVC pipe would help to.  

I wonder it you can cast iron it on the grill with smoke and when you flip it to the beef side, do that onto the grill.

Fixing to road trip in a couple of weeks.  I planned to  take a different route anyway, but the I 40 bridge sealed that deal.  Going a very southern route to Texas, tool around Texas for a week and a half, then head west towards NM then north and up into Colorado before heading back home.  I do plan to hit some joints from DDD, Burgers, Brew and ‘Cue and Man, Fire, Food.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Shall we put some context to this?   That's $21M with only 46 players 'under contract', and of those 46, 5 of them are in voided years, meaning, not really on the roster, bringing it down to 41.  And then there's the bottom 19 names on that list... 

Rashad Smith, Jason Huntley, Hakeem Butler, Josiah Scott, Joe Ostman, Arryn Siposs, Adrian Killins, Tyree Jackson, JaQuan Bailey, Jhamon Ausbon, Trevon Grimes, Jamie Newman, Harry Crider, Kayode Awosida, Jack Stoll, Khalil Tate, Matt Leo, Elijah Holyfield, Lavert Hill...   And very few of them will even make the 2021 roster, knocking that number of 41 down to about 30... maybe.  

Yeah but if you look at the other teams and their signed players thru 2022 that is pretty typical that there are only 30-40 players under contract for that season as of today. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And when was the last time that Lowie drafted a pro bowler?   Other than he, who shall not be named.   

2013, I think... unless you count guys that made the Pro Bowl for other teams.

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The context that the doom and gloomers want to ignore is that we are actually digging out of the hole. 

5 hours ago, justrelax said:

I don’t have press but I do have cast iron. Heat the pan, put the lid on whatever and a large can of whatever on top of that.

My wife hates blue cheese but she’ll go for this with my Amish cheddar or my 8-month old rosemary manchego. Thanks for posting this.

As for the pvc, just cut out the top and bottom of whatever can you have that’s the right size.

l’m not being cute about the cheeses. When I hit 50 I became lactose intolerant. I can handle aged hard cheeses but not young or soft cheeses. It sucks. Red pie pizza sucks.

Never stop drinking milk. That’s the best way to avoid lactose intolerance.  My dad had a glass every day with breakfast and lunch.  I drink a big glass at least once a day. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

The context that the doom and gloomers want to ignore is that we are actually digging out of the hole. 

No one said he wouldn't dig out.  The complaint was that he shouldn't have created it in the first place.   And it would take 2 years, minimum to get out of it.   And we will still be in the mess in 2022.  

28 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I smoke ribs.  Finish them on the grill.  I like ribs.  A        Lot    And I make them a lot.  

Just pork or beef too?  Sometimes after they have sales on bone in prime rib or rib roast, my grocer trims down the over orders to ribeyes and sells the beef ribs at a decent price, usually with a short shelf life but that’s okay.  Take them home, rub and  wrap overnight and fire up the smoker.  

20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

But, but, but we can restructure Cox, Graham and others to kick the can down the road more! 

Archived