EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

It’s a lack of respect. Plain and simple. These fans think a ticket gives them a right to act like garbage. It’s pathetic. 

Sure, it’s not going to physically harm him, but that’s not the point. Show a little human decency. 

Athletes have to shrug that dumb stuff off

westbrook loves to act fake tough. He is a bish. 

the fan was banned. Seems appropriately handled

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Exactly... complete lack of situational awareness.  And there was no runner on third... he started on second, so there was all kinds of time to get to the bag.

I will say one thing...and maybe it's just my experience...I played a lot of baseball and have watched a decent amount of it.  I've never seen a runner turn around and go back towards home.  I can believe that the sheer bizarreness of it triggered the 1st baseman's run-down instincts.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

and I hope someone dumps popcorn on LeBron tonight.

I hope someone vaccinates LeBron tonight      :ph34r:

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Laser pointers can damage eyes.

Batteries can break a bone or damage an eye.

Spit can spread communicable disease, and is just plain disgusting at best. 

Snowballs (especially icy ones) can damage an eye.

Beer bottles/soda cans can break bones.

Beverages make them wet and uncomfortable, maybe sticky as well.

Pizza sauce, hot dogs with ketchup mustard stain, and the condiments can make you sticky and uncomfortable.

Popcorn.... completely harmless in every possible way. Guarantee players say worse, more disrespectful things to each other all night on the court. Fans frequently say worse things to players that are more harmful and disrespectful than popcorn. 

It was an immature thing to do. Almost funny in the goofy childishness. But dumb, and not allowed. But the fact this this got blown up in to a huge story, and many of the reactions are absolutely ridiculous. 

I agree the reaction to it is overblown.  The guy got kicked out and is banned.  Should be end of story.

I got to admit it is kinda funny.  But I think about if I was in Westbrooks shoes I'm sure I'd be pissed off too.

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

If someone is dumping popcorn on you and you look up then you can probably damage an eye. Doesn't take much just to irritate your eye

Are you for real?

9 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I'll give the new positions/titles the benefit of the doubt hoping they are the best moves for the Eagles.  I'm 100% against identity politics and feel it's one of the main reasons for the divide in our country.  I think all of us on here can agree with any job, be it in our government, hospitals, police force, teachers professional sports and so on that the best, most qualified people are the ones who should be employed.  I don't hide my conservatism and I'll tell you the first thing I noticed about our new administrations cabinet is with 99% of them the first thing mentioned is that they are the first black, first trans, first woman, first whatever to hold the position.  It reeks of trying to be the most diverse rather than having the the most qualified and the best for our country.  

With today's Eagles announcements it feels the same way to a degree but again, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Soliman has been with the organization for some time.  If you watch any TC or OTA footage, you'll see her out on the field so she's putting in the work.  She's been involved in football operations since her college days.  Now is she a good scout?  Did she push for JJAW?  Was she team Hurts or team Jeremy Chinn?  This is what's important.  No, she and Raiche don't have any football playing experience but they 100%  have football experience.  Was Raiche successful as Assistant GM in Montreal?  That's what I want to know.  Apparently one of the guys is Somalian and we're supposed to applaud the Eagles for that?  Why?  We have Somalians in Congress which I think is more important than the NFL.

Besides, the Eagles already went full woke once this week.

Tie goes to the minority right ? 

CONSERVATIVE = don’t need to get to equality too fast, let’s not be rash

At least you’re not one of the usuals complaining to take it to CVON I’ll give you that

7 hours ago, Michaels maniacs said:

Cracks me up on the legacy of floyd

The guy was an absolute thug

You couldn't find a better guy to hitch your wagon to

No wonder this country is going to sh##.

And just think, you guys created a legacy out of a thug

Way to make ‘ murica great again

14 hours ago, BigEFly said:

I can’t tell you how many times I sat in a mediation where the injured party was angry at my corporate client and my insurer employer for never reaching out when they had been represented from before we could have.  Again, I don’t know what the rules of agent representation are but it is possible that the cannot contact the player directly on business matters.  It is also possible that the nature of the negotiations are not conducive to notifying the player until further in the process.  

Note, his mom told him, not the press, not his agent, not the team.  His mom is pretty well connected. Florio should hire her.

Sorry bro, I understand what you are talking about on occasion getting involved in such matters. I still hold to the team is the one that should have told him.

6 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I will say one thing...and maybe it's just my experience...I played a lot of baseball and have watched a decent amount of it.  I've never seen a runner turn around and go back towards home.  I can believe that the sheer bizarreness of it triggered the 1st baseman's run-down instincts.

I think you've never seen it because the first baseman normally would just walk to the bag and step on it as soon as the player started back.  He was literally a step away from the bag initially.

This wasn't a bunt down the line that the fielder had to charge... putting him in no mans land.  So stupid.  2 outs... step on the bag.  Inning over.  Simple.   That's why situational awareness is so key.  You need to think about what to do in every situation before the pitch occurs.

7 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Say what you want about Tebow but geez the guy is freaking yoked up.  Clearly he's taking this serious and built his body to be a TE.   I think the Jags could be pretty exciting to watch this year.  Lawrence has some pretty decent weapons to get the ball too.  Marvin Jones and DJ Chark are very underrated and Shenault would have been a GREAT pick for the Eagles last year.  He's special.  Etienne no matter where he lines up is a threat every time he has the ball.

They have a young, fast defense front 7 and a pretty decent secondary.  People are going to joke and rag on Urban Myer but I think the Jags could really surprise. 

Yeah you can find a meathead in any gym who looks like that... 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yeah you can find a meathead in any gym who looks like that... 

No doubt, just giving credit where credit is due.  The guy dedicated himself and his time to reshape his body to make a run at TE in the NFL.  If he was serious,  I hope Brandon Jacobs latches on with some team to try DE just to see what these athletes can do.  Could open up a whole new door and mindset for guys who can't let the game go and are willing to dedicate themselves to reshaping their body mass and learning a whole new position.

Tim Tebow captivated Eagles fans at Lincoln Financial Field - Bleeding  Green Nation

What's Next for Tim Tebow After MLB Prayer Goes Unanswered? - InsideHook

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m not saying it’s right, the outrage just feels forced because it happened in Philly. Players get beer showers and it’s casually mentioned, Westbrook has some popcorn and it’s the worst thing in the world. I also think it’s partially due to his overreaction. 

I think it has 100 percent to do with his reaction. I’ve seen it happen live but the player keeps walking because they’re either ignoring it or didn’t notice it. No mention of course. Kudos to the player for keeping their composure.

It’s easy to judge players for "overreacting” in these situations. People keep making jokes because it’s just popcorn. Put yourself in a situation where some some stranger is throwing popcorn at you on TV when you’re having a bad day in a competitive environment. It’s degrading. I’m surprised there aren’t more blowups. 

Fans are crappy. The reaction of "it’s just popcorn” is part of the problem and misses the point entirely. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

No doubt, just giving credit where credit is due.  The guy dedicated himself and his time to reshape his body to make a run at TE in the NFL.  If he was serious,  I hope Brandon Jacobs latches on with some team to try DE just to see what these athletes can do.  Could open up a whole new door and mindset for guys who can't let the game go and are willing to dedicate themselves to reshaping their body mass and learning a whole new position.

Tim Tebow captivated Eagles fans at Lincoln Financial Field - Bleeding  Green Nation

What's Next for Tim Tebow After MLB Prayer Goes Unanswered? - InsideHook

*eyeroll*

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m not saying it’s right, the outrage just feels forced because it happened in Philly. Players get beer showers and it’s casually mentioned, Westbrook has some popcorn and it’s the worst thing in the world. I also think it’s partially due to his overreaction. 

99% of online/media outrage is forced.  Gotta prove your point and make sure you come off as the better person that would never do such a thing.

19 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

99% of online/media outrage is forced.  Gotta prove your point and make sure you come off as the better person that would never do such a thing.

🙄

33 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think it has 100 percent to do with his reaction. I’ve seen it happen live but the player keeps walking because they’re either ignoring it or didn’t notice it. No mention of course. Kudos to the player for keeping their composure.

It’s easy to judge players for "overreacting” in these situations. People keep making jokes because it’s just popcorn. Put yourself in a situation where some some stranger is throwing popcorn at you on TV when you’re having a bad day in a competitive environment. It’s degrading. I’m surprised there aren’t more blowups. 

Fans are crappy. The reaction of "it’s just popcorn” is part of the problem and misses the point entirely. 

Well, if the teams are going to hold the stance that it is unacceptable, then it is equally unacceptable for their employees (aka, mascots) to do that to the fans.   My issue is with the hypocrisy.   If it's a big deal when it happens to an athlete, then it's a big deal when it happens to a fan.    But, if it's 'all in good natured fun' when a mascot does it to a fan, then it's 'all in good natured fun' when it happens to a player.   There can't be two different codes of conduct. 

I'm not saying that doing it to a player isn't wrong.   I'm saying the lack of consistency is the bigger issue.   Send a consistent message.

NBA-Knicks-Bulls.jpg

511954437_1280x720.jpg

Pick a stance on popcorn, and then hold everyone accountable to it.

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well, if the teams are going to hold the stance that it is unacceptable, then it is equally unacceptable for their employees (aka, mascots) to do that to the fans.   My issue is with the hypocrisy.   If it's a big deal when it happens to an athlete, then it's a big deal when it happens to a fan.    But, if it's 'all in good natured fun' when a mascot does it to a fan, then it's 'all in good natured fun' when it happens to a player.   There can't be two different codes of conduct. 

I'm not saying that doing it to a player isn't wrong.   I'm saying the lack of consistency is the bigger issue.   Send a consistent message.

NBA-Knicks-Bulls.jpg

511954437_1280x720.jpg

I guess if you want to equate them, have at it. 

29 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

NBA-Knicks-Bulls.jpg

511954437_1280x720.jpg

I can’t tell if this is a serious take or sarcasm...

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

No. Its just popcorn.

If it were just about anything else, the rest of your post would make sense. But not this time. Its just popcorn. 

If I were a Sixers fan and I knew that the popcorn thing was as overblown as it has been, I'd group together and buy a ton of it, and have fun with it, like the above.  If you were being silly, I'd offer some to Westbrook at the team hotel and off of the bus for any game going forward. Have fun with it and mock the outrage.

Crikey, send some to their practice facility. 

It's peurile and silly, but there are worse things out there than popcorn.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Some people in here are so GD self righteous about every issue.   

You can say the same about some regulars in here.   

I'm outraged

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

NBA-Knicks-Bulls.jpg

511954437_1280x720.jpg

I'd punch that bulls mascot right in the snout

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Or in a basement, with other meat heads..........and a cooler full of White Claws.  

Are white claws vegan?

Who was it a few years ago that went after a fan up in the bleachers?  

The way you guys are talking about this popcorn thing and Westbrook I thought it was a courtside incident where he had an entire bag dumped straight over his head.  Give me a break — the fan had to be 20+ feet away, and Westbrook got "sprinkled” with some popcorn.

Westbrook was entirely out of line.  

Archived