EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m not.  ESPN and the rest of the media see Philly and they freaking pounce.  Ever heard about the snowballs and Santa?

Nope first time for me 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most Philly thing ever would be if they dumped popcorn on him again. 

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

with loads of butter

Just now, EaglePhan1986 said:

On his way from the tunnel to the court👍

1 minute ago, vaeagle2 said:

with loads of butter

and D batteries mixed in

I've always wondered how do you even "get banned" from sporting events? They throw you out and you can slip right back in as long as you aren't an idiot again.

Best Barney House GIFs | Gfycat

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I've always wondered how do you even "get banned" from sporting events? They throw you out and you can slip right back in as long as you aren't an idiot again.

Best Barney House GIFs | Gfycat

Yup, last I checked no one IDs you at the gate right???

1 hour ago, RLC said:

The old EMB was so, so good.

Jimmy Johnson

@JimmyJohnson

I understand how Russell Westbrook feels...after Philly fans threw snowballs and MORE on me after a beating by Eagles...NFL started putting up tarps over exits protecting players & coaches.

Dudes lucky it was just snowballs, could've been a couple kernels of buttered popcorn🤔

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s crazy.  It’s like popcorn.  But cold and white.  

Is the yellow and cold just lemon flavored? 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That would be incredible.   

Would be hilarious just cause you know it would blow up even more. Maybe it becomes a tradition

18 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

100% would laugh if it happened.

I get it not really respectful of a fan to do that but..

Still funny :D

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I agree with your stance. And I'm not saying Catherine or Ameena are not qualified as I have no f'ing clue. But you know those "Eagles are racist, won't hire Duce, won't interview Bienemy, haven't had a black coordinator in 20 years, blah blah" probably bothered Lurie and I wouldn't be shocked if this was his reaction. 

@Shocker54

Here is her bio at Temple: https://owlsports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/ameena-soliman/1878  I mean I think that's a pretty standard route to get hired on as a scout.  

Please tell me he wasn't @Shocker54 

Damn, just watched the Brooks Interview. "I tore my Achilles before, and when I came back I was the best, period." 😎 

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I agree with your stance. And I'm not saying Catherine or Ameena are not qualified as I have no f'ing clue. But you know those "Eagles are racist, won't hire Duce, won't interview Bienemy, haven't had a black coordinator in 20 years, blah blah" probably bothered Lurie and I wouldn't be shocked if this was his reaction. 

@Shocker54

I think hiring Ameena as one of 100 scouts falls somewhere just short of the most significant statement in sports history.

I'll give the new positions/titles the benefit of the doubt hoping they are the best moves for the Eagles.  I'm 100% against identity politics and feel it's one of the main reasons for the divide in our country.  I think all of us on here can agree with any job, be it in our government, hospitals, police force, teachers professional sports and so on that the best, most qualified people are the ones who should be employed.  I don't hide my conservatism and I'll tell you the first thing I noticed about our new administrations cabinet is with 99% of them the first thing mentioned is that they are the first black, first trans, first woman, first whatever to hold the position.  It reeks of trying to be the most diverse rather than having the the most qualified and the best for our country.  

With today's Eagles announcements it feels the same way to a degree but again, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Soliman has been with the organization for some time.  If you watch any TC or OTA footage, you'll see her out on the field so she's putting in the work.  She's been involved in football operations since her college days.  Now is she a good scout?  Did she push for JJAW?  Was she team Hurts or team Jeremy Chinn?  This is what's important.  No, she and Raiche don't have any football playing experience but they 100%  have football experience.  Was Raiche successful as Assistant GM in Montreal?  That's what I want to know.  Apparently one of the guys is Somalian and we're supposed to applaud the Eagles for that?  Why?  We have Somalians in Congress which I think is more important than the NFL.

Besides, the Eagles already went full woke once this week.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'll give the new positions/titles the benefit of the doubt hoping they are the best moves for the Eagles.  I'm 100% against identity politics and feel it's one of the main reasons for the divide in our country.  I think all of us on here can agree with any job, be it in our government, hospitals, police force, teachers professional sports and so on that the best, most qualified people are the ones who should be employed.  I don't hide my conservatism and I'll tell you the first thing I noticed about our new administrations cabinet is with 99% of them the first thing mentioned is that they are the first black, first trans, first woman, first whatever to hold the position.  It reeks of trying to be the most diverse rather than having the the most qualified and the best for our country.  

With today's Eagles announcements it feels the same way to a degree but again, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Soliman has been with the organization for some time.  If you watch any TC or OTA footage, you'll see her out on the field so she's putting in the work.  She's been involved in football operations since her college days.  Now is she a good scout?  Did she push for JJAW?  Was she team Hurts or team Jeremy Chinn?  This is what's important.  No, she and Raiche don't have any football playing experience but they 100%  have football experience.  Was Raiche successful as Assistant GM in Montreal?  That's what I want to know.  Apparently one of the guys is Somalian and we're supposed to applaud the Eagles for that?  Why?  We have Somalians in Congress which I think is more important than the NFL.

Besides, the Eagles already went full woke once this week.

You're late

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

You're late

I honestly haven't ventured outside of this thread.  I almost forgot there are other topics in the TATE section. 

Not sure if serious.  He's 39. 

When I read his tweet. I am ready to hit sack any QB I instantly thought of this.

I Am 12 GIFs | Tenor

4 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

I totally understand your point here. Howie has his share of blame that he somehow appears to have skirted around. I don't understand the how or why, other than the theory that Jeff is really the guy we should be mad at and Howie is just his puppet of sorts. I don't know how much truth there is in that and I don't think we'll ever find out. 

I do like some of the things Howie has done this offseason though, and I think he's had a "successful" 2021 so far. At what point for you, could Howie flip his reputation? Is it marred beyond any salvation? Is it ultimately the on field product that could sway you back (I mean it's the only way to really judge him I suppose)? Howie is here for this year, and I think most of us expect the team to be in the bottom half of the league (again, Howie has a big hand in this mess). So if we win, let's say 5 games this year, do you think Lurie fires him? I don't. So, does a turnaround in 2022 save him? If we're bad again in 2022, does he get a crack at 2023? I think my breaking point with Howie will be the 2022 season. If we look like the same crap that we've seen the last 2-3 years, then enough is enough. 

If Howie has us fighting for the playoffs in 2022, is that good enough? For me, it probably is. In that if there's stagnation or regression in 2023, Howie needs to go. But if he gets us back on an upward trajectory, it would be remarkable, and speak to his ability to rebuild a team (much like the post Chip era). I would have been fine with him getting canned this year, but the reality is likely that he has a free pass in 2021. So as a fan, at what point do you think he becomes a complete failure like many seem to believe him to be?

Great questions. 

1 - He would have to do something that would be truly innovative to dig out of the hole he created earlier than having to punt on the next two seasons.  (Nothing he did this offseason would qualify as innovative.  He restructured deals, traded Wentz (we can get into how much of that failure falls on Howie), and traded back from #6 to #12, then back up again to #10.)  Nothing overly innovative.  In fact, its pretty much exactly what was going to have to be done to dig out.  Nothing surprising, overwhelming positive... it was really the only option he had.

2 - He would have to actually draft well.  Time will tell if this was a good draft.  The last one can still be salvaged, but right now the 2020 draft ranks as 'unimpressive'.  If Reagor can get turned around and If Hurts proves he can be a quality starter, not just a bottom third of the league guy, then the 2020 draft starts to look better.  Though, the 3rd round pick remains a head scratcher.    2021... I'm ok with Smith.  It isn't what I would have done, I would have traded back with the Bears... but it is neither here nor there now.  I would have also fired the GM, so clearly they don't do what I would have.  I would not have drafted Dickerson, not because he's a bad player, I think he's a very very good player, but because the injury risk with him was too high to justify it.  I would have gone a different direction there. 

3 - He needs to target and bring in quality free agents starting in 2023 (assuming that they are actually dug out of this hole by then) and have them actually produce.  That hasn't happened in the last 3 years.  

4 - He needs to stop trading away draft capital for players who either don't contribute much, if at all, AND stop trading for players to then pay them at or above market value for their talents.  

If those 4 things happen, then I will say that Howie has in fact changed his stripes, just as I said that he changed his stripes post-Super Bowl.   The moves he made post-Super Bowl were nearly 180 degrees different from those he had made pre-Super Bowl.  And frankly, not many, if any at all, were good.

53 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Is that how much cap space we have left?

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That’s embarrassing. Sorry Bacarty 

There were two outs... step on the freaking bag when he starts to run away from you.  How stupid can you be?!   

The run doesn't score on a force out at first... no matter when the out happens.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

It’s probably going to be the days in which the Phillies play their first playoff game since 2011. We are currently at 3520

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I just checked between my sofa cushions for some extra cap. Came away with a paper clip and some dust bunnies 

Archived