EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That was a fun 3 game stretch. See you next year, everybody. 

Yikes.  That was a weird tumble he took but I thought it was more his hip than his knee the way he was walking around.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Meh... it means they weren't as bad as the record might indicate.   The truly terrible QBs don't get that many starts over 7 years... or even have a 7 year career.    This is almost like using the career INT list to identify the worst QBs.   The ones at the top aren't the worst, just some of the longest tenured.

Top 10 QBs in Career INTs:
Farve
Blanda

Hadl
Testeverde
Tarkenton
Snead
Unitas
Marino
Manning, P
Tittle

The bolded are the HoF QBs.  Hadl is also a guy that was very good, multi-year Pro Bowl QB.  Testeverde managed a 20 year career.  Never lived up to his #1 pick draft status, but his family never went hungry by any means.

True and the highlighted guys won games, some won Superbowls or went to one.

The Carr brothers have never done either 

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

They’re awful, I never encountered one growing up in Kennett Square, PA, then Wilmington. I moved to Lewes, DE when Hook refinery closed in 2012 and that’s all they have down here.   
 It’s only $400 for a year but we have nothing, no pool, no clubhouse, no field, no basketball court, nothing.   Apparently the $400 that 34 of us pay in the neighborhood is for snow plowing….  Lol.      But we have all the idiotic rules that any other HOA has, and the failed high school student council President that runs it and thinks he’s actually important.  

That's some pricey snow removal🤔

2 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Ryan homes has been going to settlement on new homes with no interior doors nor appliances , do to shortage of everything . 

I wait on paint for weeks now , and price increased 11% .

you have to be a moron to buy a new home right now or do any major work  on current home .

2 hours ago, greend said:

Building a new home will stay strong unless interest rates go up imo.

Real estate, especially in certain parts of the country, is white hot right now.  If real estate is strong, an increase in construction costs still may not be nearly enough to curb investment in building.

5 hours ago, NCiggles said:

It's part of the standard disclosure form I think in most states.  Did the seller not disclose it? 

If I remember  they didnt disclose it until we were sitting down to sign the closing papers, and we were like well it's a little late to back out now.🤬

What the Sixers have done to their fans has been criminal.  That they stuck with the inherently-flawed combo of Embiid and Simmons after so many years of intentionally losing is a total disaster. I understand why the new management group had to do it, but its a total fail.

The Process remains one of the biggest crimes against the sports gods in history and a total scam.  

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Somebody tell Howie. 

Shots fired.

Banner as much as I couldn't stand him was really good with the cap, almost to the point it was detrimental, and when Howie took over we were all told Howie was a capologist as well and I just assumed sure why not???

Banner wouldn't have gotten the eagles in the cap mess they are now, and is correct in saying pushing the cap forward isn't " creative"

It's lazy and Howie has doled out some pretty bad contracts which will keep them from being competitive in FA and resigning up and coming own players for the next couple seasons.

As much as I'd like to disagree with banner he's right, whether he's referencing Howie and especially if he's referencing Howie.

19 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

What the Sixers have done to their fans has been criminal.  That they stuck with the inherently-flawed combo of Embiid and Simmons after so many years of intentionally losing is a total disaster. I understand why the new management group had to do it, but its a total fail.

The Process remains one of the biggest crimes against the sports gods in history and a total scam.  

Wow, sixers lose a game and all the sudden the process shouldn't be trusted???

I don't follow the sixers I'm a jazz fan but seems a bit of an overreaction after one loss to call the franchise criminal after they finished as the 1 seed in the east, no???

21 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Terrible take from someone who likely doesn't even watch the Sixers.  Embiid and Simmons have worked very well together.  

2 hours ago, Utebird said:

We told our Realtor we didn't want a house with HOA and they told us the house we bought didn't have one, they lied😡

why don't you want a HOA? do you want your neighborhood to look like crap?

47 minutes ago, Utebird said:

If I remember  they didnt disclosed it until we were sitting down to sign the closing papers, and we were like well it's a little late to back out now.🤬

Welp - I hope you didn't want to park your truck in your front lawn. 

50 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Real estate, especially in certain parts of the country, is white hot right now.  If real estate is strong, an increase in construction costs still may not be nearly enough to curb investment in building.

I think there is an unusually low inventory in a lot of these areas.   So there's going to be plenty of builders and real estate investors that will buy land to build without worrying about waiting to have buyers before building. It's also not like home prices are being inflated because of lax lending standards.  People are driving the price and still buying with significant equity.   

3 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Every team will have this soon enough. A lot of players struggle with mental issues in the NFL. Should have happened sooner. 

Eagles must have a psychologist because McPearson indicated talking with the Eagles psychologist. 

48 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Howie sleeping. No June 1st moves yet? Come on!

1B609380-41ED-4A56-B2EE-578FBFC380A6.jpeg

3 hours ago, DoWorx said:

I understand the general premise of an HOA keeping the neighborhood nice which increases or Maintains property value for all yet I also am a responsible home owner and don't feel that my neighbors or some privatized entity needs to police me and the neighborhood.

I grew up in a nice neighborhood in Utah, we didn't have an HOA and people up kept their yards and houses because it was just expected, keeping up with the Jones mentality I suppose.

My current HOA isn't so bad, the yearly fee is only 120.00 a year, we have a community pond and play ground, they are pretty strict about yard and exterior house up keep but not excessively NSDAP ish, I guess I just don't like people up in my business, if I wanted people to tell me how to keep my house I'd live with my parents.🤔

5 hours ago, Next_Up said:

Track insurance rates as well. Everything is going up to offset losses during the pandemic whether the losses were really incurred or not.

I most jurisdictions, rates are so regulated that it doesn’t work like that for personal lines like auto and homeowners.   We would design a new product and then try to convince the insurance department our rates were reasonable (they were every bit as concerned that the rates were adequate as part of the job of the insurance department is to verify insurer solvency).  They would ask about loss costs (the amount of loss plus the cost to adjust the claims). We would explain we were estimating loss costs based on available data but we had no actual loss costs because the risk hadn’t previously been covered.  For personal lines rates are heavily controlled. For health insurance, the ACA limits profits. Now IBNR factors into loss costs.  IBNR is the amount that insurers set aside and reserve for incurred but not reported losses.  Actuaries want to hit IBNR as close as possible because loss reserved dollars have to be in real secure investments whereas profits can be invested in equities and anybody in their right mind wants to invest in equities.  I spent more than 2/3rds of my career meeting with actuaries to discuss losses and lost projections.  So any increase in premiums is based on loss and loss projections.  Building material costs go up, the price of repairs and rebuilds go up thus raising the cost of premium.   Car parts and auto body wages go up and the cost of insurance premiums go up. I have been retired for a few years now but my peer was responsible for auto, especially auto physical damage and we had been track a very steep cost curve for about fifteen years.   I was also tracking increased medical costs and those were off the charts in the steepness of the increase.  

The fact we are facing inflation is no surprise.  If anything, the delay in it hitting is.  

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I understand the general premise of an HOA keeping the neighborhood nice which increases or Maintains property value for all yet I also am a responsible home owner and don't feel that my neighbors or some privatized entity needs to police me and the neighborhood.

I grew up in a nice neighborhood in Utah, we didn't have an HOA and people up kept their yards and houses because it was just expected, keeping up with the Jones mentality I suppose.

My current HOA isn't so bad, the yearly fee is only 120.00 a year, we have a community pond and play ground, they are pretty strict about yard and exterior house up keep but not excessively NSDAP ish, I guess I just don't like people up in my business, if I wanted people to tell me how to keep my house I'd live with my parents.🤔

Agreed. HOAs are so disrespectful to home ownership. 

4 hours ago, Mike31mt said:

So a number one seed loses a game in the 1st round and it is over I guess.

3 hours ago, DoWorx said:

My neighborhood looks just fine without it.

3 minutes ago, PhillyMG said:

So a number one seed loses a game in the 1st round and it is over I guess.

4 hours ago, Utebird said:

Shots fired.

Banner as much as I couldn't stand him was really good with the cap, almost to the point it was detrimental, and when Howie took over we were all told Howie was a capologist as well and I just assumed sure why not???

Banner wouldn't have gotten the eagles in the cap mess they are now, and is correct in saying pushing the cap forward isn't " creative"

It's lazy and Howie has doled out some pretty bad contracts which will keep them from being competitive in FA and resigning up and coming own players for the next couple seasons.

As much as I'd like to disagree with banner he's right, whether he's referencing Howie and especially if he's referencing Howie.

It’s pretty clear from Lurie’s press conference that after we won the super bowl, the franchise made a deliberate decision to push all their chips in the middle of the table and try to win another. You can "blame Howie” as a cap flunky or you can understand that this wasn’t some foolish and ignorant mismanagement but rather a deliberate decision with well understood negative medium term consequences. This short term thinking was led by Pederson and is a significant reason he’s no longer the coach here.

8 minutes ago, TEW said:

It’s pretty clear from Lurie’s press conference that after we won the super bowl, the franchise made a deliberate decision to push all their chips in the middle of the table and try to win another. You can "blame Howie” as a cap flunky or you can understand that this wasn’t some foolish and ignorant mismanagement but rather a deliberate decision with well understood negative medium term consequences. This short term thinking was led by Pederson and is a significant reason he’s no longer the coach here.

You only get so many shots, and the SB winning team wasn't sustainable, it was led by players in their late 20s, early 30s, so you only had a 2-3 year window.

Blount (31), Jeffrey (27), Smith (28), Ertz (27), Peters (35), Wisniewski (28), Kelce (30), Brooks (28), Lane (27)

Curry (29), Jerrigan (25), Cox (27), Graham (29), Kendricks (27), Hicks (25), Bradham (28), Mills (23), Darby (23), McLeod (27), Jenkins (30)

Unfortunately the youngest starters, Jerrigan, Hicks and Darby, would be injury prone the next couple years.

The only young reserves, Agholor (24), Vaitai (24), Douglas (23), Allen (26), Smallwood (23), Seumalo (24), Gerry (22)

39 minutes ago, TEW said:

Yes and while I agree to an extent, Howie was the man structuring the contracts and signing the players 

Jeffrey, Malik, slay, all ridiculous Initial or re structured contracts.

Brooks, Johnson, fletch, graham, Ertz all huge back loaded contracts that make them tough to trade and if cut leave large dead caps.

At some point one can no longer push that money further into the future and it catches up and this year was that year.

After the eagles lost in 2004 I'm sure they felt they could still compete for championships and banner didn't say I'm going to hand out a bunch of backloaded contracts with the hopes of winning one before it all catches up and I gotta pay the piper.

I suppose if the eagles had won another super bowl then maybe not many would be whining about mortgaging the future for the present

But they didn't win so now all Howie has to show for it is a win in 2017 a strapped cap and an aging expensive roster with limited young talent.

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes and while I agree to an extent, Howie was the man structuring the contracts and signing the players 

Jeffrey, Malik, slay, all ridiculous Initial or re structured contracts.

Brooks, Johnson, fletch, graham, Ertz all huge back loaded contracts that make them tough to trade and if cut leave large dead caps.

At some point one can no longer push that money further into the future and it catches up and this year was that year.

After the eagles lost in 2004 I'm sure they felt they could still compete for championships and banner didn't say I'm going to hand out a bunch of backloaded contracts with the hopes of winning one before it all catches up and I gotta pay the piper.

I suppose if the eagles had won another super bowl then maybe not many would be whining about mortgaging the future for the present

But they didn't win so now all Howie has to show for it is a win in 2017 a strapped cap and an aging expensive roster with limited young talent.

Right -- that's the risk you take. But I wouldn't frame it as "all Howie has to show for it." Read between the lines of what Lurie has said. Look at his actions. Pederson is the one who is gone. Pederson is, according to Lurie, the one who kept pressing for a "win now" approach. The team looked at the Super Bowl win, saw a young QB in Wentz, and had a coach who was banging the table that he was this close to another ring.  So they did everything in their power to keep core older players and add veterans, but it didn't work. This was the make or brake year for Pederson, and obviously he broke. He didn't want any part of a rebuild, and frankly he seemed out of his depth recently, so he's gone. That's what Pederson has to show for the win now approach. 

Archived