EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

13 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

This is such nonsense. 

I haven't heard such garbage since Chipper's health shake debacle.

Why the hell should being competitive in ping-pong have anything to do with winning football games?

I think in May/June its a good way to build comradery and get the players to buy in and like playing for the team as opposed to whatever the hell it was Patricia did to get all the players to hate his guts and hate playing for that team. BUT, I do hope when TC rolls around he eases up on all this "competition" stuff because he's leaning on it pretty hard now. I can also see it getting old pretty fast through the grinds of the season and games, especially if they aren't winning a lot. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

This is such nonsense. 

I haven't heard such garbage since Chipper's health shake debacle.

Why the hell should being competitive in ping-pong have anything to do with winning football games?

I'm not sure it was a debacle, during chips Regine the eagles were has the second least amount of injuries.

I'm no fan of chip Kelly but tough to argue with the results he got from his health science stuff.

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think in May/June its a good way to build comradery and get the players to buy in and like playing for the team as opposed to whatever the hell it was Patricia did to get all the players to hate his guts and hate playing for that team. BUT, I do hope when TC rolls around he eases up on all this "competition" stuff because he's leaning on it pretty hard now. I can also see it getting old pretty fast through the grinds of the season and games, especially if they aren't winning a lot. 

Winning at ping pong can make up for losing at football 😁

Skills and competition at the same time.

It's early and the guy is developing a team culture.  I am confident that RPS will not get in the way of game planning come fall.

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I'm not sure it was a debacle, during chips Regine the eagles were has the second least amount of injuries.

I'm no fan of chip Kelly but tough to argue with the results he got from his health science stuff.

Tough to argue with the results but he was way too overbearing with it too. Players wearing sleep monitors is a bit much.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Tough to argue with the results but he was way too overbearing with it too. Players wearing sleep monitors is a bit much.

Not if it works. 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not sure if this was discussed at the time of the draft, but only two of our picks (McPhearson and Tuipulotu) weren't from the southeast region.  Coincidence or scouting?

1 minute ago, Nivraga said:

Not if it works. 

Who cares if it works when it pisses off the players and the coach loses the team?

21 minutes ago, greend said:

I mean what a brainiac idea.................beer 1 mile from the finish. :rolleyes:

At the 1st Gritty 5k they gave out hot dogs at the very end before the finish line, it was awesome 

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Not sure if this was discussed at the time of the draft, but only two of our picks (McPhearson and Tuipulotu) weren't from the southeast region.  Coincidence or scouting?

Over-correcting 

23 minutes ago, greend said:

I mean what a brainiac idea.................beer 1 mile from the finish. :rolleyes:

Ever run a beer mile?  The rules: chug a beer, run a quarter lap, repeat 4x.  If you puke, you lose.  Winner is the fastest to run + drink.

I have not run one, but it sounds like fun... (kind of...)

14 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Skills and competition at the same time.

It's early and the guy is developing a team culture.  I am confident that RPS will not get in the way of game planning come fall.

RPS will be how they choose which plays to call.   

Imagine:  

Foles:  "You want Philly Philly?"  

Doug: "Sure, but you gotta beat me first."  

Doug throws paper, Foles throws rock.   Doug wins and calls a draw play up the middle, stuffed at the 1 yard line.    Eagles go on to lose the Super Bowl.  

hqdefault.jpg

Doug is Lisa, Nick is Bart.

1 minute ago, Penn7980 said:

Why?  Medical reasons, or feeling invincible?

Don't want to delve into too much politics but I'd bet one of them is Jack Del Rio

Who cares if it works when it pisses off the players and the coach loses the team?

I don't think that was the make or break deal with Chip.  I think that was just one minor irritating piece of it.    The stupidity of everything else might have been a bigger contributor.   

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I don't think that was the make or break deal with Chip.  I think that was just one minor irritating piece of it.    The stupidity of everything else might have been a bigger contributor.   

For sure, it was just one of many fractures. Just saying you need to nuance these things, because even if they work you can get so overbearing with it to the point it doesn't anymore.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

For sure, it was just one of many fractures. Just saying you need to nuance these things, because even if they work you can get so overbearing with it to the point it doesn't anymore.

No doubt.   If the science truly bears it out, most (if not all) of the serious football players would want to follow those rules anyway, as none of them wants to be injured... and if not... then there's no point to it.    But, Chip was about as nuanced as a paper cut.

5 hours ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Good stuff, congratulations! My thoughts are giving up sugar or doing keto are both unnecessary. Just maintaining a calorie deficit along with exercising can get you to any weight you want to be

Thank you! For some people, yes. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me in the past, so I had to try a different approach.

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

27 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think what lost the team, more than anything else, was that he really wasn't that great of an offensive coach.  He did not adapt his plays or get creative.  Avant talked about how bad the WR coach was and that he had no clue on how to coach the receivers to beat press coverage off the line because his previous experience was as like a RB coach.  Sleep monitors didn't help but they weren't, I think, the main problem.  

I mean for all of the RPS games in terms of building culture what will matter is Sirianni's ability to coach winning football.  

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Caption this. 

He looks like he is saying stop, don’t even waste our time coming on the field. 

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Definitions of gaol. noun. a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence) synonyms: clink, jail, jailhouse, pokey, poky, slammer.

Freudian slip by McMullen.

Archived