EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Trust me, I'm not eating 19 gallons of ice cream every day and sending butter into my arteries VIA IV. but i couldnt do it. 

I woke up had coffee. went and got a primo hoagie for lunch. Came back and fired up the smorker so my ribs will be done for dinner. 

The only thing I thought twice about today was which rub should I put on the ribs and if Im going to want an Ol' fashion after the beers and ribs go down. 

I think most people think that way about food, my dad is heavy set bigger guy never been to a gym in his life he stays active though, always doing something and eats whatever he wants plus about 10 coca colas a day, he's not a picture of perfect health far from it but he's still kickin and has been relatively heaktby his whole life so who knows.

I've met dudes that have smoked their whole lives and never got cancer as well???

One thing I can say is when at the chemo clinic I never saw any ripped dudes or hyper athletic females getting chemo.

Most of them were old and over weight 

I was the exception so again who knows.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bacarty2 said:

totally agree. I still play 3-4, 5 different hockey leagues. still run around with my 6 year old. coach his teams. horseshoe league. 

so im not a fat lard doing nothing either

They have horse shoe leagues???😄

That's awesome, whatever works for you, keep it up!

Just now, devpool said:

So after all that...I'm gonna assume we aren't doing the fitness challenge:roll:

I'm gonna fitness whole pizza in my mouth

11 minutes ago, devpool said:

So after all that...I'm gonna assume we aren't doing the fitness challenge:roll:

I am still interested if others are too.  I have about 20lbs of fat I could trim.

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I'm out. sounds like a terrible time to impress people i'll never meet. 

I don't think that was the intent. Some people (myself especially) find it easier to motivate themselves in the spirit of competition or camaraderie.

Meh. I hope at some point "competing" starts shifting to more drills and player development and less ping pong/basketball shooting.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

I'm shaking.

with excitement? 

34 minutes ago, devpool said:

I'm very fit for a fat guy, so you're on baby

20 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What were they pointing at?

36 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

A couple actually. 

1 league is a team of 12. with about 40 or so teams throughout 10 or so bars.

The other league is individuals based on your ringer percentage. probably has about 40 guys and much more local and only played in 1 bar. 

Ringer % 

I bet JJAWs ringer % is pretty low.

We had a family reunion a few years back and my uncle organized it, he picked the park it was at specifically because it had a horse shoe pit.

Im not very good at horse shoes but it's good times!

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Ringer % 

I bet JJAWs ringer % is pretty low.

We had a family reunion a few years back and my uncle organized it, he picked the park it was at specifically because it had a horse shoe pit.

Im not very good at horse shoes but it's good times!

It's even better after a couple of beers and 3 or 4 burgers

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Meh. I hope at some point "competing" starts shifting to more drills and player development and less ping pong/basketball shooting.

Who on the eagles has the best ringer%

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Who on the eagles has the best ringer%

If it's not Jason Kelce I'd be shocked

20 minutes ago, devpool said:

I'm in for the blog virtual  5k bbq kegger.  You eat a rack of ribs before the run and drink a beer every kilometer.   

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

I think most people think that way about food, my dad is heavy set bigger guy never been to a gym in his life he stays active though, always doing something and eats whatever he wants plus about 10 coca colas a day, he's not a picture of perfect health far from it but he's still kickin and has been relatively heaktby his whole life so who knows.

I've met dudes that have smoked their whole lives and never got cancer as well???

One thing I can say is when at the chemo clinic I never saw any ripped dudes or hyper athletic females getting chemo.

Most of them were old and over weight 

I was the exception so again who knows.

IMO the majority of health issues are genetically influenced.

7 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I'm in for the blog virtual  5k bbq kegger.  You eat a rack of ribs before the run and drink a beer every kilometer.   

I'd be barfing. I ran a half 3 or so years ago up in kersey pa where they had beer at mile 12. Many people never got past mile 12. I didn't stop. But if they had it at the end that would have been great!!!!

11 minutes ago, Vortex said:

IMO the majority of health issues are genetically influenced.

Yup I think that is becoming a more established theory in the medical world, though if one is say pre disposed to say lung cancer, one probably shouldn't smoke.

17 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

🤮

49 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This is such nonsense. 

I haven't heard such garbage since Chipper's health shake debacle.

Why the hell should being competitive in ping-pong have anything to do with winning football games?

21 minutes ago, greend said:

I'd be barfing. I ran a half 3 or so years ago up in kersey pa where they had beer at mile 12. Many people never got past mile 12. I didn't stop. But if they had it at the end that would have been great!!!!

Ok - So we leave the food until the end. 

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Ok - So we leave the food until the end. 

I'm IN!!!!~!!!!

I mean what a brainiac idea.................beer 1 mile from the finish. :rolleyes:

Archived