EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Good news and bad news.

They acknowledge Maddox is a slot CB.  We still don't have a CB2.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Caption this. 

"Whoa... rather than going to practice today, maybe you should check your contacts list and see if you still have Condolezza Rice's information."

26 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I will say that I believe the Eagles would prefer that Dillard wins the job, not because it would make the pick more palatable but because in the not-too-distant future they would like to have bookend tackles for an extended period.

20 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Dillard being the long-term answer at LT seems to be the 'best' outcome, as Mailata has already proven that he can play both sides (though still has plenty of room for improvement), and means a smaller shuffle if an injury takes place with him as the OT3.  And then could slide into RT when the time to move on from Lane comes.  

Yes.

Now, if one just has so little faith or respect for Dillard, I could understand not wanting to waste time and failure with him "winning" a job at LT.  I would feel that way about Fulgham/Ward getting snaps at WR.  To that extent, I would understand vastly favoring Mailata and having a horse in the race.

Personally, I have not lost hope in Dillard and don't have that low of an opinion of him.  So who doesn't want bookend tackles for the future?  I do not see an easy path to success for Dillard at RT.  At LT, I can. 

If Dillard doesn't settle in at LT, it means we will be investing in a new RT pretty soon.

18 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Caption this. 

Whoa whoa, sorry buddy but this a football practice, the dance team tryouts are tomorrow...

23 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

🤔

Probably too early to make any predictions but we'll see.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Yes.

Now, if one just has so little faith or respect for Dillard, I could understand not wanting to waste time and failure with him "winning" a job at LT.  I would feel that way about Fulgham/Ward getting snaps at WR.  To that extent, I would understand vastly favoring Mailata and having a horse in the race.

Personally, I have not lost hope in Dillard and don't have that low of an opinion of him.  So who doesn't want bookend tackles for the future?  I do not see an easy path to success for Dillard at RT.  At LT, I can. 

If Dillard doesn't settle in at LT, it means we will be investing in a new RT pretty soon.

Likely very true.

41 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:nonono:  Sad.   I guess losing 35 lbs in 3 months wasn't the important part, but the important part was that I didn't do it your way... so that makes me weak.

I never said that.  Congrats on your weight loss.  There are a million ways to lose weight, so whatever works for you is good.  I was saying you are weak because you couldn't push through a couple weeks of being uncomfortable to get to the point where it becomes easy.

42 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:nonono:  Sad.   I guess losing 35 lbs in 3 months wasn't the important part, but the important part was that I didn't do it your way... so that makes me weak.

I don't get why somebody on a message board would feel the need without knowing much about another person giving eating or health advice.

Good job on  losing weight and reaching your goals!

Just now, Utebird said:

I don't get why somebody on a message board would feel the need without knowing much about another person giving eating or health advice.

Good job on  losing weight and reaching your goals!

Calm down softies.  He was saying to others he doesn't recommend it because it didn't work for him but it doesn't work immediately.  You need to push through it.  I didn't realize the word weak is so offensive.  Can we rewind back to the 90's?

34 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Im a Smith fan but not sure why this writer is so impressed on this catch. Its a soft lob, no coverage. Most kids in HS can make this catch. Im 44 and make catches like this all the time in the backyard with my son. Brandon is too easily impressed. Maybe he never played a sport in his life. 

48 minutes ago, MSanders26 said:

Intermittent fasting 16 hours off, 8 hours on, consistently works great. I eat what I want in those 8 hours and still do some cardio. You can easily lose weight this way.  

Did you join just to post this?

16 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Whoa whoa, sorry buddy but this a football practice, the dance team tryouts are tomorrow...

More like. "You see these, these are hands, these are what you catch footballs with."

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I never said that.  Congrats on your weight loss.  There are a million ways to lose weight, so whatever works for you is good.  I was saying you are weak because you couldn't push through a couple weeks of being uncomfortable to get to the point where it becomes easy

Wow thats quite the backhanded full of knuckles compliment🤔

Okay so let's just say whatever can work to lose weight, and everyone is different. No need to be tossing around insults at each other ya buncha fatties.

I am sorry everyone.  I should have never said the W word.  Ground me for 3 months.  No allowance either!

Everyone is beautiful and powerful!  I love 2021!!!

7 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Im a Smith fan but not sure why this writer is so impressed on this catch. Its a soft lob, no coverage. Most kids in HS can make this catch. Im 44 and make catches like this all the time in the backyard with my son. Brandon is too easily impressed. Maybe he never played a sport in his life. 

I seriously doubt you can catch your son with one hand.

:smoke:

2 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I am sorry everyone.  I should have never said the W word.  Ground me for 3 months.  No allowance either!

Everyone is beautiful and powerful!  I love 2021!!!

No low-carb, gluten-free soup for you.

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

I never said that.  Congrats on your weight loss.  There are a million ways to lose weight, so whatever works for you is good.  I was saying you are weak because you couldn't push through a couple weeks of being uncomfortable to get to the point where it becomes easy.

Ok.  Double down if you want.  You didn't say those exact words, but your entire post sent that message.  I shared my trouble with it.  Your takeaway was that I must be weak because I chose a different path.  Yet that different path led to success.  I don't see that as weakness.  I see it as self-awareness and flexibility.  The ultimate goal of weight loss is to lose weight.  Soon I will be going to the doctor to see how the weight loss has affected my cholesterol numbers and maybe I can get off the meds.  

13 minutes ago, RLC said:

JJAW getting snaps in the slot makes sense. He's not fast enough for outside.

All bad Eagle WR draft picks shift to the slot in their salvage attempts.  It's a road very well traveled. 

3 minutes ago, greend said:

Okay so let's just say whatever can work to lose weight, and everyone is different. No need to be tossing around insults at each other ya buncha fatties.

chris.gif

4 minutes ago, greend said:

The point is to have teams and then let the trash talk ensue.  Get it right.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Ok.  Double down if you want.  You didn't say those exact words, but your entire post sent that message.  I shared my trouble with it.  Your takeaway was that I must be weak because I chose a different path.  Yet that different path led to success.  I don't see that as weakness.  I see it as self-awareness and flexibility.  The ultimate goal of weight loss is to lose weight.  Soon I will be going to the doctor to see how the weight loss has affected my cholesterol numbers and maybe I can get off the meds.  

I for one am proud of what you have accomplished, seems it wasn't that long ago you just weren't interested in trying to get in some kind of shape  and now you have. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

The point is to have teams and then let the trash talk ensue.  Get it right.

Are you a milker or a dullard?

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Maybe I am speaking a different language?  I said everyone can lose weight their own way.  Congrats on your weight loss, this is not being sarcastic.

Now onto the subject of you not being able to intermittent fast.  If you would have stuck with it for 3 weeks, the results would have started to come and it would get easier and easier.  Maybe I should have said you were not strong enough to persist through it.  You gave your opinion on why you didn't like it and advised others not to try it.  It works for most people who stick with it.

Archived