EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Maybe I am speaking a different language?  I said everyone can lose weight their own way.  Congrats on your weight loss, this is not being sarcastic.

Now onto the subject of you not being able to intermittent fast.  If you would have stuck with it for 3 weeks, the results would have started to come and it would get easier and easier.  Maybe I should have said you were not strong enough to persist through it.  You gave your opinion on why you didn't like it and advised others not to try it.  It works for most people who stick with it.

I'm not sure why I'm responding to you and I'm sure as heck not sure why you think you know what's best for another person you know nothing about outside  a message board 

Calling someone not strong enough is the same as calling them weak.

It's like saying you aren't fat you're chunky🤔

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Caption this. 

Did I just hear you say toss me the rock? Paper covers rock. 

7 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Maybe I am speaking a different language?  I said everyone can lose weight their own way.  Congrats on your weight loss, this is not being sarcastic.

Now onto the subject of you not being able to intermittent fast.  If you would have stuck with it for 3 weeks, the results would have started to come and it would get easier and easier.  Maybe I should have said you were not strong enough to persist through it.  You gave your opinion on why you didn't like it and advised others not to try it.  It works for most people who stick with it.

Maybe it just didn't work for him and he decided to try something else. It wasn't a marathon where he had to "push through the pain" to win. He found a way that suited him better it really doesn't have much to do with weakness or strength.

7 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Oh boy.

Kinda the way I feel about it too

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

If @Iggles_Phanisn't weak, he should post a topless selfie to show us how strong he is. 

Put the Meatgingley timer on....he will be chiming in any second.

by the way, how unathletic do you have to be to post that Smith clip because you actually think its impressive?

1 hour ago, vaeagle2 said:

he does

AUSTIN-POWERS-GOLDMEMBER-Jail-Scene-Dr.-Evil-Ft.-Mini-Me-Hard-Knock-Life-GIF.gif

Hey man. I'm an "about" 6 footer

image.png.66ef400a92ae7290aeb9c29a7c21e154.png

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Caption this. 

JJ, can you please tell your mom to GTFO of here with her umbrella?  It's not even sunny outside today.   

44 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Calm down softies.  He was saying to others he doesn't recommend it because it didn't work for him but it doesn't work immediately.  You need to push through it.  I didn't realize the word weak is so offensive.  Can we rewind back to the 90's?

Separate posts... separate thoughts. 

Post/Thought 1 - You asked if anyone had tried it.  I quoted you, and I shared my experience with it.  

Post/Thought 2 - greend mentioned he hated giving up breakfast.  So, I quoted him, and I recommend he not do it, as it requires doing that, and offered a different alternative.   

I'm not offended by your words.  I'm sad that you had to make it a personal attack rather than discuss the diets.  You remove the first sentence and its a discussion.  You put that first sentence in, it becomes a personal attack.    Personally, I don't care what you think about me.  But, I do care about the type of discussions that we have in here.   I prefer to discuss substance, not persons.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

If I thought this hard about what i ate, how I ate, etc, I'd be F****ing miserable. GOOD GOD MAN

Evidently, you don't think hard about which team from Pennsylvania to support either.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Separate posts... separate thoughts. 

Post/Thought 1 - You asked if anyone had tried it.  I quoted you, and I shared my experience with it.  

Post/Thought 2 - greend mentioned he hated giving up breakfast.  So, I quoted him, and I recommend he not do it, as it requires doing that, and offered a different alternative.   

I'm not offended by your words.  I'm sad that you had to make it a personal attack rather than discuss the diets.  You remove the first sentence and its a discussion.  You put that first sentence in, it becomes a personal attack.    Personally, I don't care what you think about me.  But, I do care about the type of discussions that we have in here.   I prefer to discuss substance, not persons.

It was not meant to be a personal attack by any means man.  I am sorry if I offended you.  I do not know anything about your personal life and do not claim to know.  You did good losing weight.

39 minutes ago, greend said:

Okay so let's just say whatever can work to lose weight, and everyone is different. No need to be tossing around insults at each other ya buncha fatties.

Hey, I'm a former fattie now.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

If I thought this hard about what i ate, how I ate, etc, I'd be F****ing miserable. GOOD GOD MAN

Yup exactly. 

When I was diagnosed with cancer my oncologist asked me if I drank I said no never had a sip, ever smoked??? Nope, done any drugs? Nope.

How often do you exercise? About 4 times a week and I eat red meat about once a month.

He looked at me shook his head laughed and said did all those things and still got cancer, maybe you need to develop more bad habits😄

I'm sure me being so overly anal retentive about food caused me more stress and harm than actually eating it would have 

To each their own though.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Id really like to comment on this healthy eating and diet stuff but I decided with my wife about 2 weeks ago that I would stop being so anal about what I eat.

If one looks hard enough one can find fault in basically everything available to us to eat.

Brown rice is supposed to be lower on the glycemic Index than white rice but brown rice has arsenic in it 

Dairy milk causes inflammation and is fatty yet most alternative milks like nut milks are full of fillers and in the case of soy milk are estrogenic.

Wheat bread has more fiber and is supposed to be healthier yet white bread is far easier to digest and causes less inflammation but raises blood sugar.🤔

Oranges are high in vit C also high in phosphorus which is bad for kidneys.

Spinach is a super food with lots of vitamins and iron but also high in oxalate acids which prevents calcium from being absorbed.

Wine of course has reservatrol in it which is found in red grapes which is good for heart but alcohol damages the liver.

Eggs are a super food and best source of protein from a natural food source as 53% is utilized by the body, eggs also are high in phosphorus and doctors go back and forth how much they increase bad cholesterol.

Then there's the debate about nightshades.

Tomatoes for instance are good for ones prostate, yet as a nightshade can cause inflammation, same goes with red bell peppers which are a super food but also a nightshade.

Onions and garlic are super foods and anti oxidents yet for a lot of people like my mom and mother in law they cause digestive issues and inflammation.

Some people cut out pasta because it's a carb and carbs are stored as sugars, yet some of the healthiest people in the planet come from the Mediterranean where they eat pasta every day.

I've gotten to the point where I've been paralyzed by eating and it's negatively affected my health due to stress.

I try to eat vegetables and fruit daily and limit my refined sugar and processed food In take but I really like sweets, candy, ice cream, doughnuts, cake, all that yummy stuff and I need to do better limiting that stuff but not to the point where I'm stressed out so much that I'm making my self sick worrying about every little thing I eat.

My big thing is I want food that's supposed to be healthy for me actually be healthy, I dont like pretenders and the more one looks Into any food one can find the negatives in any so it can be tough weighing the benefits and negatives especially with food science and the way our food is made grown processed changing all the time

Meh. Moderation, don't eat too much red meat, don't drink too much, cut back on the sugar, don't obsess. Olive oil is great, garlic is better than ten mothers.

Exercise will redeem you from most culinary sins, mix in aerobic, weight lifting and low impact stamina building (long walks, etc.).

You're gonna die anyway, the purpose of virtuous living isn't to live forever, but live your remaining years better - but if you focus on health to the point of removing all joy from your life, what's the point?

35 minutes ago, greend said:

I for one am proud of what you have accomplished, seems it wasn't that long ago you just weren't interested in trying to get in some kind of shape  and now you have. 

It's true.   My GERD started to flare up.   And it bothered me.   So, I got serious and found what worked for me.

49 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Im a Smith fan but not sure why this writer is so impressed on this catch. Its a soft lob, no coverage. Most kids in HS can make this catch. Im 44 and make catches like this all the time in the backyard with my son. Brandon is too easily impressed. Maybe he never played a sport in his life. 

I posted it without even watching it. Not that good eh?

34 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

You don't know how long I did or didn't stick with it.   Maybe you should have just said that it's slow at first, and that when people commit to it long term they have more success.   Strength and weakness have nothing to do with it.  

I gave my opinion on why I didn't like it.  And I advised greend, specifically, against it when he mentioned he hated the idea of giving up breakfast.  You seem to be conflating two very different thoughts.  

19 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Meh. Moderation, don't eat too much red meat, don't drink too much, cut back on the sugar, don't obsess. Olive oil is great, garlic is better than ten mothers.

Exercise will redeem you from most culinary sins, mix in aerobic, weight lifting and low impact stamina building (long walks, etc.).

You're gonna die anyway, the purpose of virtuous living isn't to live forever, but live your remaining years better - but if you focus on health to the point of removing all joy from your life, what's the point?

Exactly.

I said this a few posts up but I'll relay to you.

When I was diagnosed with cancer my oncologist asked me if I drank, I said never had a sip, he said ever smoked? Nope never, done any drugs? Nope never. How often do you exercise? About 4 times a week? How often do you eat red meat? About once a month.

He looks at me shakes his head and laughs and says wow you did all that And you still got cancer, you need some bad habits my friend😄

I'm pretty sure that my anal retentiveness about food played a part in me getting cancer as it led to undue stress.

I'm trying to do better and still eat healthy, there are certain things I have to be careful about because chemo messed up my kidneys and I'd like to keep those around for a while but for the most part I feel like I'm on the road to recovery to not being so anal about what I eat and still being responsible 

My wife always says that anyone can name any food and I can tell you how it's bad for you, I dont like thinking that way 

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I posted it without even watching it. Not that good eh?

Compared to what we've seen from past (and current) Eagles' WRs, it was HoF worthy.   But, as far as an NFL level catch it was rather ho-hum.  But, we've been burned in the past.   Personally, nothing I see in shorts and t-shirts on the field matter to me.   JJAW was supposedly burning it up in the TC before his rookie season.  There was talk about how many good WRs the Eagles had in camp that year... about how they were going to cut players that were going to be picked up by other teams.   Turns out, they only looked really good going against the Eagles' secondary.

"The JJAW is unstoppable in the RZ" takes are about to come for the third straight year, only to completely disappear by the time the season is here.

51 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I seriously doubt you can catch your son with one hand.

:smoke:

Of course I do. You should see field goal Fridays.

200.gif

Archived