**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Yeah, but the current location isn't an option since the Sixers want to own their own stadium. Comcast won't sell them the WFC (since they own the Flyers and want them to play there), and the Sixers want their own stadium (no sharing) that they own. 

Yep.  Understand the reasons.  Just think it’s hard to beat the "practicality” of the current spot.  Maybe Harris Blitzer should just buy the Flyers and Wells Fargo Center. Fing Comcast.  

Maybe it’s a tactic to get Comcast to budge. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Understand the reasons.  Just think it’s hard to beat the "practicality” of the current spot.  Maybe Harris Blitzer should just buy the Flyers and Wells Fargo Center. Fing Comcast.  

They'd have to sell the Devils.

My guess is Comcast has been ripping the Sixers off on rent for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

Yep.  And ok.  

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

I know retired LEO who don't want to go to the city now even though they are armed. The far leftists DA destroyed it.

There’s even been talk of letting the kids go who beat that old man to death with the traffic cone. Hopefully the impeachment happens. 

3 minutes ago, Gannan said:

There’s even been talk of letting the kids go who beat that old man to death with the traffic cone. Hopefully the impeachment happens. 

The fact he cruised to reelection last year is unreal.

• Like 2

Naval yard was discussed on WIP as a possible spot.  Just unofficial theorizing.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blazehound said:

But this is exactly what Philadelphia needs, especially in that part of the city. And the kicker is it’s all privately funded. It’s a tremendous slam dunk win for the City IMO if this happens.

Cash flow wise, it makes perfect sense.  From a fan experience/logistics  perspective, it’s always a downgrade.

2 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Howard eskin actually went into how the sixers on concessions and other events at the WFC have been getting burned by having to give a generous portion of cut on the concessions/ merchandise sales and get nothing on those other events. The sixers want to keep the concession/merchandise revenue and make money on bringing other shows to the arena. I can totally understand why the sixers ownership wants their own arena.

The chargers are dealing with this in LA now. It’s why the chargers are dumb to have moved from San Diego and not found the funds to built their own stadium. What makes it worse for the chargers, for years SD couldn’t tear down Qualcomm. They wanted to put it on the outskirts but it would’ve killed the habitat and swamp lands (my sister was the attorney for sierra club that prevented that) but failed. There was hazards under the stadium that didn’t allow for it. a couple years ago they figured it out and knocked it down for SDSU’s new stadium. If spanos wasn’t a crap owner the fans/residents of SD would’ve taken up that 1% increase in vacation tax and they’d have their own stadium. Instead no one in La really cares for them and stuck being a tenant  when they should’ve pushed for a new stadium in sd or Orange County. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Yeah, but the current location isn't an option since the Sixers want to own their own stadium. Comcast won't sell them the WFC (since they own the Flyers and want them to play there), and the Sixers want their own stadium (no sharing) that they own. 

Comcast should be forced to sell it all

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Its not like he bombed a city block

The stadium complex blows.  The only way to get there is to drive or take the subway. 

The surrounding area sucks and you have like 4 bar options. 

12 train lines go to Jefferson Station, which is right there.  Anyone crying about parking can just drive to the nearest train station and take the train. 

This is just a small piece of a huge retail/residentisl/entertainment/business project. 

The plan is to turn Market East into the entertainment hub of Philadelphia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

12 train lines go to Jefferson Station, which is right there.  Anyone crying about parking can just drive to the nearest train station and take the train. 

Please let me know where my nearest convenient train station is to take me to philly. 

I can drive 45-60 minutes and an additional 10 dollars in tolls, or about an hour and 10 minutes without tolls, to Allentown to jump on a greyhound bus and ride that for 2 hours to Philly. Thats ridiculously dumb.

Or I can drive to Pottstown for an Amtrack which Im seeing, in addition to my drive time, are anywhere from 1hr 25 minutes on the train up to 2hr 37 minutes to Philly.

Or, I can drive an hour and a half to reading, for Amtrack and take the train for another 2 hours. Or theres an option for 3hrs and 20 minutes. 

Or I can drive to Lehighton, and take a Fullington bus for 5 hours and 20 minutes!

From there, I have no idea how much longer itll take to get to the actual arena.

I can drive to Philadelphia in 1.5 - 2 hours, and park right at the stadium, and more importantly, I can get home just as quickly. They better be able to come up with some way better options for the thousands of out of towners who will be there each night.

Any of those other options are idiotic. 

49 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Please let me know where my nearest convenient train station is to take me to philly. 

I can drive 45-60 minutes and an additional 10 dollars in tolls, or about an hour and 10 minutes without tolls, to Allentown to jump on a greyhound bus and ride that for 2 hours to Philly. Thats ridiculously dumb.

Or I can drive to Pottstown for an Amtrack which Im seeing, in addition to my drive time, are anywhere from 1hr 25 minutes on the train up to 2hr 37 minutes to Philly.

Or, I can drive an hour and a half to reading, for Amtrack and take the train for another 2 hours. Or theres an option for 3hrs and 20 minutes. 

Or I can drive to Lehighton, and take a Fullington bus for 5 hours and 20 minutes!

From there, I have no idea how much longer itll take to get to the actual arena.

I can drive to Philadelphia in 1.5 - 2 hours, and park right at the stadium, and more importantly, I can get home just as quickly. They better be able to come up with some way better options for the thousands of out of towners who will be there each night.

Dude you're not an out of towner...... You live in the middle of nowhere. 

There is going to be plenty of parking and less gridlock because more people are going to stay in town after the games and also take public transportation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Not for actual philadelpians

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Dude you're not an out of towner...... You live in the middle of nowhere. 

There is going to be plenty of parking and less gridlock because more people are going to stay in town after the games and also take public transportation. 

I don't live in the middle of nowhere. 

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Not for actual philadelpians

Duh...

But there will be thousands at each game with the same issues caused by the lack of practicality of a center city arena. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I don't live in the middle of nowhere. 

Duh...

But there will be thousands at each game with the same issues caused by the lack of practicality of a center city arena. 

Only once or twice a year as you said. Not worth worrying about

if you dont go someone else will

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

Only once or twice a year as you said. Not worth worrying about

if you dont go someone else will

:facepalm:

There are thousands like me that fill that arena every night. Its not just me going to 2 games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Most them arent whiney queefs i guess

theres actually a ton of people complaining. 

Asian Americans United opposes the arena because the location is 1 block away from China Town and they weren't asked permission. 

I stand with AAU.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

theres actually a ton of people complaining. 

Find me an issue where there arent

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

Find me an issue where there arent

so you admit its an issue then. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

:facepalm:

There are thousands like me that fill that arena every night. Its not just me going to 2 games. 

Thousands of people aren't driving 2 hours each way, every night. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, iladelphxx said:

Thousands of people aren't driving 2 hours each way, every night. 

naive