**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

12 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Are we still supposed to hate him because of the Ben Simmons thing? 

I'm confused 

No. He’s just an overrated volume scorer. That and his "in my opinion, we won that game” after losing to the Sixers made him look like an idiot. 

• Like 1

Bulls guard Lonzo Ball is expected to miss training camp and is doubtful for the start of the regular season because of lingering pain and discomfort following meniscus surgery on his left knee in January, sources told ESPN on Friday.

4 hours ago, nipples said:

No. He’s just an overrated volume scorer. That and his "in my opinion, we won that game” after losing to the Sixers made him look like an idiot. 

I mean he had the same FG% as Poole, Beal, Herro, Middleton, Tatum, and SGA. 

He is a lazy defender and is lack of effort. He came out of college known more of a defender than scorer so he can defender with his wingspan even if undersized. Now he has a generational talent behind him in Mobley as well.

I think he fits in great with the Cavs because Garland struggled in close games because no one else could create. They were also 35-21 before Allen started to get hurt. 

With the Cleveland Cavaliers trading for Donovan Mitchell, they created one potential issue concerning the next contract of Evan Mobley.

Because the Cavaliers now have Mitchell and Darius Garland on their roster as five-year designated rookie scale max extension players, they cannot have a third player simultaneously. 

Mobley will be eligible for a five-year max extension in 2024, but he will have to wait until he is a restricted free agent in 2025 to sign a five-year max if both Mitchell and Garland remain on the Cavaliers' roster at that time. Mobley can alternatively sign a four-year max extension in 2024, which would make him an unrestricted free agent one season earlier.

In this firesale, I wonder if we can have any of these guys for Thybulle. 

The Jazz are talking trades for Bojan Bogdanovic, Mike Conley and Jordan Clarkson. It's also expected that Danny Ainge will gauge the market for Rudy Gay and Malik Beasley as well.

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

In this firesale, I wonder if we can have any of these guys for Thybulle. 

The Jazz are talking trades for Bojan Bogdanovic, Mike Conley and Jordan Clarkson. It's also expected that Danny Ainge will gauge the market for Rudy Gay and Malik Beasley as well.

Interestingly enough, Thybulle would now be a good fit for the Cavs given their subpar defensive backcourt.

16 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s actually blow to Boston’s bench. 

Given his age, that’s going to be a tough injury to bounce back from. Hard to see him contributing much, if at all, this season. 

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

Given his age, that’s going to be a tough injury to bounce back from. Hard to see him contributing much, if at all, this season. 

Frankly i can’t see him playing this year. He tore the acl and likely MCL as that was the initial report he did. Not sure he’s even had the surgery yet. They could be waiting a couple weeks to do it. So let’s say he did have it this week, it’s a minimum of 8 months and that tends to be if he returns early. Usually it’s 9-12 months. That brings you to basically to may/June if it’s 8-9 month return. I don’t see him just jumping into the fray after not playing all year in the playoffs.  Plus he’s older so it might take him longer. 

plus if Boston designated it as disability player exemption they can use 3.2 million. I’m guessing they go that route. Been reports they are likely to use that and potentially go after Carmelo 

7 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Actually a good signing for the bench. 

I like this for adding a decent back up center for the regular season.

I hate it because I don't trust Doc to bench him if/when he is killing them in the playoffs.

The roster is up to 17 players now, correct?

Is there any reporting or rumors about possible cuts or trades going around?  I've been too busy with work to check since the news dropped?

21 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

The roster is up to 17 players now, correct?

Is there any reporting or rumors about possible cuts or trades going around?  I've been too busy with work to check since the news dropped?

Now that they signed Harden for a cheaper contract they are cutting Tucker. 

3 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I like this for adding a decent back up center for the regular season.

I hate it because I don't trust Doc to bench him if/when he is killing them in the playoffs.

He was the reason Nuggets came back from 3 - 1 down vs the Clippers a few years ago. Doc refused to adapt 

Well, the team sure did add some dogs. A lot of dogs.

I dont know if there is enough talent on the bench. But it has toughness for sure.

We will see how far that gets us.

the legal aspect per ESPN

The Sixers' ability to sign Harrell became less complicated when he had a felony charge of marijuana trafficking reduced to a misdemeanor possession charge in a Madison County (Kentucky) courthouse last week. Harrell pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor charge, which will be expunged from his record after 12 months if he gets in no further legal trouble.

Harrell isn't the same guy anymore that he was with the clippers. There is a reason he keeps bouncing around from team to team since he was with them. 

Most people reading this don't remember the Flyers of the 70's.  After getting pushed around, the Flyers added tough guys to roster.  They led the league in penalty minutes and were hated bullies.  They also won 2 Stanley Cups, consecutive championships.

Sixers look like they're taking a page out of Philly sports history in their own way.

• Haha 1