**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

39 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Reminds me of FEDS. Which excluded #1 overall pick Jahlil Okafor- who was butthurt about it.

Poor Tobi, left out of the big 3 and cant get a big 4 narrative going. :lol:

Jae Crowder is not reporting to Suns camp. Sounds like its mutual between him and the Suns, so he can seek a trade.

Thats a guy you trade Thybulle for. Bigger, tougher, better shooter. 

46 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Jae Crowder is not reporting to Suns camp. Sounds like its mutual between him and the Suns, so he can seek a trade.

Thats a guy you trade Thybulle for. Bigger, tougher, better shooter. 

I think you make a run at Malik Beasley first 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

I think you make a run at Malik Beasley first 

I would love to have a bench scorer who could legitimately challenge for 6th man of the year. But Im not sure where you play another small guard. 

Where you could actually have Harden and Maxey on the bench at the same time and still get points from your back court.

Plenty of guard minutes already allocated with Harden, Maxey, and Melton. I dont think theyd keep Beasley happy. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I would love to have a bench scorer who could legitimately challenge for 6th man of the year. But Im not sure where you play another small guard. 

Where you could actually have Harden and Maxey on the bench at the same time and still get points from your back court.

Plenty of guard minutes already allocated with Harden, Maxey, and Melton. I dont think theyd keep Beasley happy. 

Beasley is 6'5 he is tall enough for a wing. 

Melton can also guard wings. He has a 6'9" wingspan 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Beasley is 6'5 he is tall enough for a wing 

For some reason I thought he was a short guy.

Wonder if theyd give him more minutes than Melton then.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

For some reason I thought he was a short guy.

Wonder if theyd give him more minutes than Melton then.

Melton can be an emergency or spot minute primary ball handler, he did it with the Grizzlies. So could play small with Maxey, Melton, Beasley 

Either way Embiid has to be dominant on the defensive end this year not sure guard play is good enough to hold up 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Melton can be an emergency or spot minute primary ball handler, he did it with the Grizzlies. So could play small with Maxey, Melton, Beasley 

Either way Embiid has to be dominant on the defensive end this year not sure guard play is good enough to hold up 

Like the versatility of Crowder as the swing F guy. 

Backcourt can definitely use more bench talent. We are an injury away from relying on shake for a bunch of minutes. But tough to find a more talented guard than Shake who will be happy with such a small role. 

Love the stories about assistant coaches knocking on Doc's door asking him to shut Maxey down because he was working so hard. Love that kid.

• Like 2

Does anyone know why, for a 1 week training camp, the 6ers find it necessary to leave their state of the art practice facility to travel to North Carolina-when a hurricane is going to be moving up the coast this week?

14 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Does anyone know why, for a 1 week training camp, the 6ers find it necessary to leave their state of the art practice facility to travel to North Carolina-when a hurricane is going to be moving up the coast this week?

Chemistry yo!

59 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Chemistry yo!

team bonding event bonding through hurricane survival I guess.

Traveling IN to a Hurricane fits with their new toughness persona too.

• Haha 1

Anyway, heres this news-

May be a Twitter screenshot of 3 people and text

So apparently not only is the best show on TV cancelled, but NBC doesnt ever plan on hiring another 6ers sideline reported during broadcasts. 

On another note, I had some obscure college football game on this weekend and I heard a chrystal rich broadcasting in the booth. I assumed it was the same girl. Now, thats most likely the case since she is out of any NBC Philly coverage job she had.

• Haha 1

Embiid just became a US citizen

I've been here for a long time," Embiid told The Associated Press on Thursday at training camp at The Citadel. "My son is American. I felt like, I'm living here and it's a blessing to be an American.

:usa:

• Like 3