**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

29 minutes ago, nipples said:

No thanks. It would cost Maxey, and I wouldn’t even do that trade straight up. 

Rather have maxey than Mitchell. Mitchell is kind of a diva and inefficient. He’s a good player but tbh i rather have someone like jaylen brown then Mitchell. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nipples said:

No thanks. It would cost Maxey, and I wouldn’t even do that trade straight up. 

Same here -- I wouldn't trade Maxey for Mitchell straight up. I feel like Mitchell is a horribly overrated, inefficient volume scorer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

big shocker here- skinny chet holmgren has a season ending injury.

Poor Shai, forever tanking 

• Like 1

Until Giannis pulls a gun on a teammate in the locker room, he’ll never really understand basketball.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

This new media is a bunch of bozos 

Giannis does have flaws in his game, but he works on them. 

Unlike somebody.... 

Barkley was a great player. Him, Kevin Johnson and Dan Majerle were quite the trio.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tiny backcourt but two monster defenders in Mobley and Allen behind them. 

Cavs gave up a lot of assets for Mitchell. Imagine if Morey traded Simmons last offseason for a similar package. They would have had a lot of ammo. 

55 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Cavs gave up a lot of assets for Mitchell. Imagine if Morey traded Simmons last offseason for a similar package. They would have had a lot of ammo. 

My impression is that it was always his plan to get Harden if at all possible.

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Did they? Sexton who they didn't want to sign, Lauri a guy that plays the four and position taken with Mobley, and some unprotected picks 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Did they? Sexton who they didn't want to sign, Lauri a guy that plays the four and position taken with Mobley, and some unprotected picks 

The draft capital they received is breath taking. They own Cleveland’s first round picks for half a decade. 

The Cavaliers are sending the Jazz forward Lauri Markkanen, rookie wing Ochai Agbaji, guard Collin Sexton, three unprotected first-round picks (2025, 2027 and 2029) and two pick swaps (2026 and 2028) for Mitchell, sources said.

17 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

The draft capital they received is breath taking. They own Cleveland’s first round picks for half a decade. 

The Cavaliers are sending the Jazz forward Lauri Markkanen, rookie wing Ochai Agbaji, guard Collin Sexton, three unprotected first-round picks (2025, 2027 and 2029) and two pick swaps (2026 and 2028) for Mitchell, sources said.

Swaps are nothing as Cavs will better and nothing more than late 1sts 

Jarrett Allen 24, Mobley 21, Garland 22, Mitchell 25

None of them have but their prime and that is a great core. They need Okore to start over Levert for wing presence and D

49 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Swaps are nothing as Cavs will better and nothing more than late 1sts 

Jarrett Allen 24, Mobley 21, Garland 22, Mitchell 25

None of them have but their prime and that is a great core. They need Okore to start over Levert for wing presence and D

It’s WAY too far out to reach the conclusion that the Cavs will be better or that the firsts will end up being at the backend of the draft. I’m sure the Nets thought similar when offering up unprotected picks for Pierce and Garnett.  Mitchell can opt out after the 24-25 season, which I’m sure he will.

And a great core? IDK. It’s nice, but an odd fit with both Garland and Mitchell in the backcourt. First or second round playoff fodder, with little cap flexibility and no draft capital moving forward.

8 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Lol knicks lost out again. 

They kinda won. The Cavs saved them for massively overpaying for Mitchell. He’s comically overrated. 

17 hours ago, Blazehound said:

It’s WAY too far out to reach the conclusion that the Cavs will be better or that the firsts will end up being at the backend of the draft. I’m sure the Nets thought similar when offering up unprotected picks for Pierce and Garnett.  Mitchell can opt out after the 24-25 season, which I’m sure he will.

And a great core? IDK. It’s nice, but an odd fit with both Garland and Mitchell in the backcourt. First or second round playoff fodder, with little cap flexibility and no draft capital moving forward.

Yes let's make a comparison of Pierce who was 36 and KG, 37, to 25 year old Donovan Mitchell and already making predictions that he will opt out. So me how many late 1sts turn into Mitchell. 

You do realize Cavs were top 4 in the East last year most of the regular season before injuries just decimated them. 

Allen, 24, and Garland, 22, were All Stars last year, Mobley potential is off the charts, and Mitchell is a top 20 25 player in the leagues . That is a great core. They still have Rubio, Love, Levert, Okoro, Osman, and on the richest owners in the league in Gilbert. 

They gave up spare parts and 3 1sts for a Top 20ish guy that is a high end number 2. This was a no-brainer for the Cavs