**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

On 8/17/2022 at 8:45 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Apparently the guy did this because Simmons wouldn’t take any pictures with kids. He also rented out the candy store so he could shop alone. Dudes such a beech:facepalm:

• Haha 2

Screamin A said on tv the other day, he spoke to Ben, behind the scenes. Ben told him he is a super star and that he will be ready this year. Steve said you can’t be a super star without a jump shot. Ben said, just because I don’t shoot them, doesn’t mean I don’t have one 😂😂😂😂.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Screamin A said on tv the other day, he spoke to Ben, behind the scenes. Ben told him he is a super star and that he will be ready this year. Steve said you can’t be a super star without a jump shot. Ben said, just because I don’t shoot them, doesn’t mean I don’t have one 😂😂😂😂.

My belief is that the next 2 years Ben Simmons is gonna do what he did in Philadelphia. Where he coast until closer to the All-Star game then turn it on. And then after the All-Star game revert back to himself. And then have the same playoff struggles as teams foul him and play off him like they do.  when it gets to his final year of the contract where he’s an expiring contract and he wants his next payday then he’ll play like he needs to but ultimately then revert back once he gets the contract. 

26 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

My belief is that the next 2 years Ben Simmons is gonna do what he did in Philadelphia. Where he coast until closer to the All-Star game then turn it on. And then after the All-Star game revert back to himself. And then have the same playoff struggles as teams foul him and play off him like they do.  when it gets to his final year of the contract where he’s an expiring contract and he wants his next payday then he’ll play like he needs to but ultimately then revert back once he gets the contract. 

I'm sure the league has caught onto this by now so I don't think it will work for him for the second contract. 

34 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm sure the league has caught onto this by now so I don't think it will work for him for the second contract. 

Always dumb teams like the kings. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he "retires” in a year or two. The Nets fans are gonna boo him off the floor. 

7 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he "retires” in a year or two. The Nets fans are gonna boo him off the floor. 

I think he likes money and the lifestyle too much. He’ll play but half ass it until no one gives him money anymore. Bad teams do stupid things like keep giving him contracts. 

I wish Durant would stay with the Nets. His growing frustration, turning into outright contempt for Simmons, tearing the team apart, would be a joy to watch.  ^^^^ He’s right, there are always dumb teams, and arrogant coaches, who think they’ll be able to get through to him and get more out of him. dope Doc did. He learned the hard way and cost us two seasons because of it.

13 hours ago, Khani1 said:

LOL

The Nets don’t have fans

11 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I saw those pics a few days ago. I just have to say in that black and white pic on the left his arm is skinnier than Durant's.

But at least he is slim.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Shams says the 6ers have expressed recent interest in trading for Durant.

There really is no chance of this happening 

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Shams says the 6ers have expressed recent interest in trading for Durant.

He must read Twitter

18 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Durant staying in Brooklyn

I wait for the implosion of the nets at some point this season. It is going to boil over. I think the writing is on the wall that no one had a package good enough for what the Nets wanted. And Kevin Durant is just stuck because he’s too old for anybody to give up more than what they are and he’s had injuries so no one is going over the top to get him. 

On 8/20/2022 at 11:38 AM, The_Omega said:

I wish Durant would stay with the Nets. His growing frustration, turning into outright contempt for Simmons, tearing the team apart, would be a joy to watch.  

im-watching-you-i-got-my-eye-on-you.gif

43 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Durant staying in Brooklyn

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wait for the implosion of the nets at some point this season. It is going to boil over. I think the writing is on the wall that no one had a package good enough for what the Nets wanted. And Kevin Durant is just stuck because he’s too old for anybody to give up more than what they are and he’s had injuries so no one is going over the top to get him. 

I got killed for mentioning this. 

I guess the focus will shift back to Donovan Mitchell who the Knicks haven't been able to pry away. 

Gotta be honest, I was concerned the Nets might fire Nash and get a competent coach in order to bring KD back. This really is a fantastic outcome -- now we get to watch the season long meltdown of both the Nets and every talking head on ESPN and FS1. 

Over/under on games Ben plays? 30?

Kyrie? 40?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess the focus will shift back to Donovan Mitchell who the Knicks haven't been able to pry away. 

No thanks. It would cost Maxey, and I wouldn’t even do that trade straight up. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Khani1 said:

I got killed for mentioning this. 

I’ve said the nets should’ve traded for jaylen brown if the Celtics actually made that offer. I much rather have 8-10 years of brown then 3-4 unhappy years with KD on the nets. Brown is a legit all star caliber two way player. The nets are stupid if they turned that down. I don’t think that’s what happened. I think Boston called and asked what it’d take. Nets said jaylen brown, smart and then some. Boston said no thanks. And nets Leaked saying brown was offered.

i do think if the sixers could get him for maxey and Harris with some picks they’d do it. Ditto for suns with bridges, cam and ayton. Ditto for Miami if it was Herro, straus and picks. Problem is the nets want way too much and teams aren’t going past those packages for him at that age and with his injuries.