**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

he's f'n kevin durant. i can't stand him but he's a killer on the court. imagine embiid's energy level on defense if he didn't have to carry the scoring load all season long. holy sheet!  it won't happen...but durant & embiid would be f'n deadly. oh yeah...add old man harden to the mix too. 

and i absolutely love watching maxey play....and f'n hate durant....hell, i can't stand harden either.  but this the best realistic chance to get a championship with embiid. 

I don’t disagree with your point. I don’t think it’s enough to get a deal done.

I’d lean more towards doing it cause the two year window and gamble imo is worth it cause like you said could load manage if you age embiid, harden and KD so they are ready for the playoffs. And likely have the best chance for a title we’ve seen since 83. frankly i think the same thing that if KD had better help he’s likely not road kill against the Celtics who have good to elite defenders that are young against him. 

i think the thing with maxey long term is you might get stuck in a lillard situation down the road. When embiid declines and is out of his prime, then you have to bring another big time star with maxey to win. Hoffman and bodner discussed maxey’s max with people around the league. I tend to agree to make a jump to top 10 player on the league he’d have to be a better defender and passer. Sixers have had issues doing such in FA. I think there’s a chance that maxey gets stuck in a lillard type situation with the sixers when embiid is declined and done. 

Here's the thing....

If you get Durant, you become the favorites to win the Championship.  

If Boston gets Durant, they become the favorites to win and you waste another 2 years of Embiid's prime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Here's the thing....

If Boston gets Durant, they become the favorites to win and you waste another 2 years of Embiid's prime.

Yeah that’s another point. i brought up in another post if he goes to Miami or Boston. Boston is already the east favorite. I love brown but KD if he has more help like he does in Boston becomes much more dangerous and frankly i think Boston is the best team in the league at least next year. I think Miami jumps to the favorites in the east. With spolestra i think he maximizes that team the best and you aren’t beating them either. It’s best for the sixers (assuming they aren’t getting him) if he gets stuck on the nets or is traded out west tbh. 

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Looks like Maxey, niang, and Thybulle were at the wedding. 

Yeah was gonna post the sixers posted it on IG. 

645D4DD6-06D8-4BA1-890A-5DDFD7D05416.jpeg

E8B2AE8F-6AA5-495F-B8F2-912F07513222.jpeg

652A822E-AADE-499D-AA15-0172FF088EC4.jpeg

8F9194BD-2F44-4FC5-9AEB-6EFCFB7A8708.jpeg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah was gonna post the sixers posted it on IG. 

645D4DD6-06D8-4BA1-890A-5DDFD7D05416.jpeg

E8B2AE8F-6AA5-495F-B8F2-912F07513222.jpeg

652A822E-AADE-499D-AA15-0172FF088EC4.jpeg

8F9194BD-2F44-4FC5-9AEB-6EFCFB7A8708.jpeg

Solves that mystery 

Trade for Durant to pair up with 2 other guys who also can't stay healthy. Sounds like nets all over again with the same a-holes minus Embiid. 

• Like 1

They definitely don’t have enough why it’s never going to happen. Fun for discussion not realistic 

21 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

A lot of Maxey vids from the Rumph Classic where he apparently stole the show.

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/lists/young-sixers-guard-tyrese-maxey-lights-it-up-at-annual-rumph-classic/

Yeah, Harris did. But did Bobi respond on social media?

Moot point now. Whole squad was there. 

5 hours ago, vikas83 said:

First off, of course you trade Maxey for Kevin Durant. He's Kevin Durant. 

However -- I think KD's camp is leaking this, right after the footage of him hanging with Harden, to try and pressure Boston to step up.

Kd is an epic ****

i am out on him. Keep maxey

Flame me all you want but I’m not trading Maxey for KD. I’d trade him for Ja, Luka, Giannis… that’s about the end of my list. I don’t believe KD will ever win another title unless he goes back to GS. Dude is a great player,, but is constantly injured now and there’s plenty of evidence that he’s a locker room killer. 

17 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah that’s another point. i brought up in another post if he goes to Miami or Boston. Boston is already the east favorite. I love brown but KD if he has more help like he does in Boston becomes much more dangerous and frankly i think Boston is the best team in the league at least next year. I think Miami jumps to the favorites in the east. With spolestra i think he maximizes that team the best and you aren’t beating them either. It’s best for the sixers (assuming they aren’t getting him) if he gets stuck on the nets or is traded out west tbh. 

another thing is why would harden take less money here if he knew that they had no chance of acquiring another talented player? heck i think he would have opted out and went to another team if he knew that the organization would just be acquiring him to win a championship and no one else.

13 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Kd is an epic ****

i am out on him. Keep maxey

It would be so hard to root for that guy. He may have taken Lebron's spot as most annoying NBA player after the nonsense he's pulled this summer. 

18 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Here's the thing....

Just like the Nets were the favorites the last two years to win it, right?  How'd that work out for them?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gannan said:

It would be so hard to root for that guy. He may have taken Lebron's spot as most annoying NBA player after the nonsense he's pulled this summer. 

This summer?  He's been this way FOREVER.  

kd is an epic ahole....but we're a 2nd round losing team with very little change from last season's roster. you add the ahole if you can get him since he's a difference maker and still a top 5 guy. maxey is good but nowhere near kd's level...not even close. of course injuries are a worry with every team. jojo gets injured every playoffs & harden had a bad hammy all season long. 

maxey smiles & is a hard worker...super likeable player. i'd be sad to see him gone but a championship would help cheer me up. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Here's the thing....

I dont think Tatum and Durant would mesh well together. 

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

I dont think Tatum and Durant would mesh well together. 

Idk heard people say that with brown and Tatum. Heck to start last year there were rumors to trade brown cause they couldn’t co-exist but then they made the finals and currently have the best odds to win the nba title. I think they would be fine. I think the bigger issue is Boston’s window becomes two years instead of maybe 5 to 6 years with how young Tatum and Brown are. However I was told that there’s a good chance that Jaylen Brown is going to test free agency and could leave Boston. It’s a major concern with Jaylen Brown. That’s why Boston is more willing to take that chance with Kevin Durant.

If Boston is willing to part with Jaylen Brown is he worth going after and who would we have to give up? Would we be willing to give up Maxey? Does Harris plus filler do it?

54 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

If Boston is willing to part with Jaylen Brown is he worth going after and who would we have to give up? Would we be willing to give up Maxey? Does Harris plus filler do it?

Nope, not giving up Maxey. Don’t think Boston would take Harris but I’d obviously be thrilled to make that swap. 

Take it for what it’s worth. At least it gives us sixers stuff to talk about until the season starts  

• Haha 1

Remember when we were gonna get Lebron because Simmons worked out with him. Pepperidge Farms remembers 

• Haha 2