**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I’ve driven around DC. I never thought it was that bad. 

Oh man, from DC all the way down to Richmond is brutal at the wrong time.  Nightmare stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Oh man, from DC all the way down to Richmond is brutal at the wrong time.  Nightmare stuff.

Idk man. 95 sucks at all times and now the blvd has speed cameras so it’s even worse than before. Add in the lack of parking then old city with its narrow ass streets and it’s hell at all times of the day. 

4 hours ago, The_Omega said:

And Skins looking to build new stadium there. 

9 hours ago, vikas83 said:

LOL

East coast people think they experience traffic. Cute. 

I take it you’ve never tried to drive to the Jersey Shore on a Friday afternoon ;)

Joe deserves a chance to go elsewhere where he may work his way in to a rotation.

I still think he can develop into a useful bench piece.  Never got opportunities here because of sucky Korkmaz and Thybulle.

i thought bassey flashed some potential early on...but looked  kind of awkward & sluggish the last couple times i saw him play. joe can shoot but the rest of his game isn't quite there. with them adding melton, tucker, & harrell, this was inevitable. 

• Like 1

According to Liberty Ballers, the team is prioritizing roster and cap flexibility for a future trade down the lube

• Like 1

This move will help the Sixers from a salary cap standpoint as well. Our Bryan Toporek had this nugget: by moving on from Bassey, the Sixers will be about $3.8M under the apron. Moving on from Joe might also provide cushion beneath the apron and leave a roster spot open. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

According to Liberty Ballers, the team is prioritizing roster and cap flexibility for a future trade down the lube

that sounds exciting.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Milton still has a job? 

Shake had a pretty nice pre-season. As our sucky bench guys often do. They look incredible in pre-season and maybe the first week or 2 of regular season to fool the team in to keeping them and give us hope they developed. Then, they will go back to sucking and torture us all year with every minute they are on the court.

Korkmaz has made a living on that tactic. I think last year Thybulle actually made a bunch of 3s in a few early games.

Bassey and Joe moves were inevitable to get under the contract slot maximum. They also weren’t going to get any minutes this season.

76ers have one open contract slot left. Would be nice if there was anyone useful left to fill it on a vet minimum contract.  

Just now, Blazehound said:

Bassey and Joe moves were inevitable to get under the contract slot maximum. They also weren’t going to get any minutes this season.

76ers have one open contract slot left. Would be nice if there was anyone useful left to fill it on a vet minimum contract.  

Shake, Kork, and Thybulle can all go.

Honestly, Id have much preferred to waive Thybulle and keep Joe. I think it should have saved us more money too. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Honestly, Id have much preferred to waive Thybulle and keep Joe. I think it should have saved us more money too. 

Thybulle, Shake and Kork all have guaranteed contracts. Bassey and Joe did not, which is why they’re gone. 

2 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Thybulle, Shake and Kork all have guaranteed contracts. Bassey and Joe did not, which is why they’re gone. 

aaaaaaah. didnt think of that. the 2nd round pick contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

That is 12.2 million and can get a quality guy. 

Your favorite Lauri Markkanen is only 16.4, Beasley is 15.5.

Alec Burks is 10

Kuzma is 13 (Should be a real target) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Speaks to the horrible decisions to keep them here

This is interesting.  I really liked IJ's shooting stroke.  Will Houston buy out Eric Gordon?  Seems like Morey might know something.