**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

It’s an FU to the league for screwing them over with a crap schedule late in the year. I’m good with it.

On 3/25/2023 at 10:13 PM, HazletonEagle said:

cool pic.

Who wins in a pickup game? I probably have to say the old guys.

May be an image of 9 people

I'm not a basketball expert or guru, but that is fascinating.  I don't think Embiid and Giannis would fare well in the paint against Shaq.  I think they'd be a bit stunned by his physicality.  No one in today's NBA really plays that way or is equipped to deal with that.  Likewise, I'm not sure the older guys really have someone equipped to disrupt the long range shooting from Steph and the 7' mid-range jumpers from Durant.  

5 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

It’s an FU to the league for screwing them over with a crap schedule late in the year. I’m good with it.

What is the crap schedule? How about not play Embiid on 2nd night of a back to back 

That is beyond dumb for a guy with an injury 

9 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

What is the crap schedule? How about not play Embiid on 2nd night of a back to back 

That is beyond dumb for a guy with an injury 

10 games in the final 17 days of the season. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

10 games in the final 17 days of the season. 

Every team goes thru it, play your depth thru the year to prepare for it. Not like this was a surprise on Doc and staff. Yet he played Dedmon 10 minutes who had 0 points and Reed 17 points in 16 minutes yesterday. 

Sixers had a cupcake schedule in Dec and Jan, but yes play a guy that is dealing with an injury on a back to back vs a Suns team that means little. 

• Like 1

i'm not saying glenn isn't an idiot. i'm saying it's a crappy stretch of the schedule to end the season with. 

• Like 1

Simmons shut down for the rest of the year.  I'm so damn glad that he left.  He's a bum.

On 3/25/2023 at 10:13 PM, HazletonEagle said:

cool pic.

Who wins in a pickup game? I probably have to say the old guys.

May be an image of 9 people

Magic would constantly do that butt backdown thing on Steph and get low into the paint.  Maybe he'd kick it out or maybe he'd sky hook.  Who is Bird gonna guard though, KD?  Bird would go for a steal an KD would be at the basket in two long strides.  Or maybe Jordan takes KD and Bird could frustrate Giannis?  One thing is for sure, if reffed fairly, LeBon's team has a huge FT advantage at center. 

3 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Simmons shut down for the rest of the year.  I'm so damn glad that he left.  He's a bum.

I was looking at the Shams thread about this and I totally forgot about some of these Ben plays.  Hard to believe this is even the same dude

• Sad 2

What happened to Ben Simmons? He got paid then showed his true nature.

• Thanks 1

nice win last night.  tbs, embiid &  harden didn't look to be 100%. i don't see how they both make it thru the playoffs healthy but hopefully they'll prove me wrong. 

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

nice win last night.  tbs, embiid &  harden didn't look to be 100%. i don't see how they both make it thru the playoffs healthy but hopefully they'll prove me wrong. 

At this point, they’re pretty much locked into the 3rd seed. They should rest the starters heavily for the remainder of the regular season. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 11:22 AM, mr_hunt said:

Every other night will be tough 

Today, I got my son a pack of Donruss basketball cards.

He pulled a Georges Niang green laser card. Never has there been a nicer, fancier, shinier looking card for a more underwhelming player.

Picture 1 of 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Today, I got my son a pack of Donruss basketball cards.

He pulled a Georges Niang green laser card. Never has there been a nicer, fancier, shinier looking card for a more underwhelming player.

Picture 1 of 1

Stop being so cheap

12 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Stop being so cheap

I dont get it.

Just added to my 6ers card collection.  In addition to the beautiful George's Niang card, I just picked up an autographed Maxey rookie card.

Screenshot_20230402_232227_eBay.thumb.jpg.d53500795c2a07d980bfc525937589a3.jpg