**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, barho said:

Damn!  Sixers get to stay in the Grand Floridian???  

It goes by the standings pre shut down. The top seeds stay at the best hotels 

Me too. Its been obvious to anyone with a tiny bit of basketball sense,  somehow except for our head coach.

9 hours ago, Khani1 said:

What about the spacing now with Ben and Joel?

The spacing was already an issue with a PG who couldn’t play outside the paint. There are ways to make it work with Ben at the 4, question is if our coach is smart enough. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Khani1 said:

What about the spacing now with Ben and Joel?

Can't be worse than the spacing with Ben, Joel and Horford.  At least teams have to respect Shake's shooting unlike Ben and Horford.

• Like 1

i like shake & this move should help since it pushes al to the bench.  i don't think it will matter much for this year...but it does open up the possibility of getting a better pg in the future & keeping ben at the 4. that's the most exciting part about this move, imo. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’ll be fine cause lazy arse Embiid will be hanging out on the perimeter.  

That's exactly what we don't need.  He is not a three point shooter.  He does his damage in the post.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Agreed.  But you know it's gonna happen.  Especially now, that he'll be out of shape.  

The muscle he appears to have added will work against him.  He needs to be leaner to be faster and quicker.  The added weight will tire him out faster when running up and down the court.  Oh well, watching the Sixers to complain is better than not watching them at all.

• Like 1

i'm down with getting rid of brett...and i think there's a chance it will happen if they crap out early in the playoffs. maybe push him to a front office position if he wants it. 

they're capped the f out & will be into the luxury tax, i believe...so idk where that pg is coming from. they're hoping shake is the guy but i'm not convinced. 

but my question was really about embiid & ben.  if embiid is chronically lazy & out of shape...and simmons just won't shoot outside shots...how long should they roll with those 2 as their franchise players?  

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

you guys think they should trade embiid & simmons and start all over? 

It's should be one or the other. And really not sure anymore who should go. 

The more I think about it and as much as I dislike Ben I would trade Joel. Ben is a top 5 defender in the league and in a high paced system he will truly excel. 

I do think Brown should have been fired a long time ago. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think they should have fired BB and got a real PG and went from there.   BB is not motivating these guys.  

As far as spacing.  I’ll argue it will be improved because having a PG who will shoot on occasion can help open things up more.  

Why Shake is starting at "PG". A career 41.3% from 3 on 3 attempts over two years, with this year at 45% on 3 attempts. His lateral quickness is meh but has a 7 foot wingspan. Also, you can put Ben on the best offensive player and roll that way. 

It's hard to remember but before the pandemic, their offense was much improved with Al Horford coming off the bench.  Ben was playing the best basketball of his career until the back injury.  

I'm not the biggest fan of Shake at PG, but he showed some promising signs already this year.  

16 minutes ago, hputenis said:

It's hard to remember but before the pandemic, their offense was much improved with Al Horford coming off the bench.  Ben was playing the best basketball of his career until the back injury.  

I'm not the biggest fan of Shake at PG, but he showed some promising signs already this year.  

As long as he is a good ball handler then he is fine. Positions have been tossed in the trash years ago. 

• Like 1

First...Brett Brown can definitely go.  He's a good speaker and players coach but I don't think he's a very good x's and o's guy and his rotations are utterly retarded at times.  Think back to the night shift days.  Those guys knew their roles and all excelled in them coming of the bench.  They had cohesion because they played together consistently.  Brett just fires out the most random rotations you can find and there's no cohesion.  I understand there's fit problems with the players, but it shouldn't take 3/4 of the year to figure it out.  Sending Al off the bench should have been obvious after a month.

It's tough between Ben and Embiid.  I'd say Embiid hands down if he didn't have health and conditioning issues since I think he's easier to build around then a PF playing PG who can't shoot.  You'll almost always have spacing issues with Simmons.  That doesn't detract from the special things he does do including his spectacular defense.  He limits the pick and roll game quite a bit.  I'd love to see Embiid with a legit PnR PG with his ability to roll or pop.  Embiid, Harris/Matisse, Richardson, stretch 4 (maybe Harris not sure he can defend it regularly though) and legit PG who can create and shoot would be awesome and give Embiid more space to work in the post without a defender sagging 10 feet off Ben to help the post defender.  Simmons would be good on a pace and space team with an athletic center who can shoot a little.  Easier to find a stretch 4 IMO.

If he tried to shot it isnt a conversation in my opinion. How Simmons doesn't look at Giannis, say that should be me and motivate him is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

If he tried to shot it isnt a conversation in my opinion. How Simmons doesn't look at Giannis, say that should be me and motivate him is beyond me. 

If I was confident Simmons would put it all together with a respectable jumper he'd be my pick hands down, but I'm not.

• Like 1

I need to see to believe any of it. I don't know how this fixes anything to be honest. Spacing issues still exists, Ben still doesn't shoot or is now a glorified 3 and D guy now on offense where he stands in  corner like PJ Tucker? Or Joel now taking even more of a back seat to Simmons when he posts up?

In playoff basketball the game slows down even more and issues don't magically disappear. 

Well it sounds good, but we will see. The encouraging thing is BB sounds excited about the idea, finally, of exclusively playing Ben at the 4 spot. 

7 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

you guys think they should trade embiid & simmons and start all over? 

I don't know if they should trade both but I wouldn't be mad. 

4 hours ago, rambo said:

He definitely has "the gift of gab."  He just mindlessly sticks up for his players no matter what and sounds sharp and likeable....which is good to a point.   But he totally lacks the ability to get the best out of his players.  It's agonizing to watch at times.  Also, Covid helped Brett Brown more than anyone else I can think of.  We are gonna have to deal with another year of his ridiculousness.  

Heart Dammit GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I don't know if they should trade both but I wouldn't be mad. 

Jesus.  What would you trade them for?  Some 1st round picks that will amount to nothing or some DeMar DeRozan type guys that have a low ceiling?  They need to make these guys work.  They're freaks.  They just need to have someone light a fire under their arse.  

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

Jesus.  What would you trade them for?  Some 1st round picks that will amount to nothing or some DeMar DeRozan type guys that have a low ceiling?  They need to make these guys work.  They're freaks.  They just need to have someone light a fire under their arse.  

Not even sure.  Just a bunch of assets I guess. 

Not saying i want to trade both.  I'd trade 1. They don't both work.  Gotta trade at least 1. At this point I'd lean towards trading Embiid and keeping Simmons (as a PF).

But if they traded both I wouldn't even be mad. 

• Like 1