**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Glenn Robinson is getting waived.  Could be just what we need.  I feel like he won't be interested in coming back though. 

That March schedule is brutal.  Bucks on the 2nd night of a b2b and that west coast swing is gonna be tough starting a 6 game road trip on the 2nd of a b2b.  Mid April stretch of Nets, Clips, GS, Suns and then Bucks twice on the road will be another tough stretch.  At least that's not all on the road.

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Glenn Robinson is getting waived.  Could be just what we need.  I feel like he won't be interested in coming back though. 

They need a real scorer off the bench.

Alec Burks would have been a nice option off the bench. 

50 minutes ago, rambo said:

That March schedule is brutal.  Bucks on the 2nd night of a b2b and that west coast swing is gonna be tough starting a 6 game road trip on the 2nd of a b2b.  Mid April stretch of Nets, Clips, GS, Suns and then Bucks twice on the road will be another tough stretch.  At least that's not all on the road.

The end of the schedule looks fairly easy but they're going to have a really tough,  long stretch. 

26 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They need a real scorer off the bench.

Alec Burks would have been a nice option off the bench. 

Yeah need a guard,  but Robinson theoretically could solve our bench stretch 4 problem. 

Durant's hamstring strain is something to watch.  Hammys never seem to heal fully without a ton of rest.  I wonder if he will make a full recovery by the playoffs?

16 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Durant's hamstring strain is something to watch.  Hammys never seem to heal fully without a ton of rest.  I wonder if he will make a full recovery by the playoffs?

If anything he will sit out the All Star game and be fine.

I really don't know how the Sixers expect to stop them offensively with three of the best one vs one players to play the game. You absolutely need Ben to score 25 a night if face them in the playoffs. They beat the Clippers without KD last Sunday. 

I am a bit surprised how well  Kyrie and Harden have played so well together already. Then Bruce Brown being this junkyard dog for them, highly underrated in the role he is playing. 

I saw they signed Shumpert and Andre Roberson so far. Roberson was the elite defender for the Thunder way back when, but absolutely miserable shooter. His first 3 point shot the other day was an airball by 2 feet. He is somehow worse than Thybulle at shooting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Kyle Lowry prefers a trade to the Sixers 

It's going to cost either Maxey or Thybulle plus a 1st.  Does Lowrie put us over the top and make us a legit contender for this year?  He would be a rental and one of the young guys plus a 1st will be gone.

Those wanting Lavine the bulls are currently the 6 seed. Kind of have to root for the bulls to go through a rough patch by the deadline

41 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

It's going to cost either Maxey or Thybulle plus a 1st.  Does Lowrie put us over the top and make us a legit contender for this year?  He would be a rental and one of the young guys plus a 1st will be gone.

tough call...but this is peak jojo & might be the best shot at winning anything while he's in his prime. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

tough call...but this is peak jojo & might be the best shot at winning anything while he's in his prime. 

Agree, but even with Lowery I question can they beat a healthy Nets team. Morey has to be asking himself that every trade.

I think Lowry is still underrated and similar style of play to Chris Paul. Old dude, but doesn't rely on athleticism to beat you. Just a really good basketball player.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Those wanting Lavine the bulls are currently the 6 seed. Kind of have to root for the bulls to go through a rough patch by the deadline

Watched LaVine the yesterday and dude is a legit scorer from all three levels.

You can tell he is a willing defender and puts in the effort, but something just doesn't click on that side of the ball. Not sure he processes everything fast enough or what the issue is, but he tries. One play he tried to double KAT at the high post and left his defender under the hoop for a layup. Just makes no sense. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

This. There's always going to be some reason not to go for it. LeBron, the Nets, etc. But the entire Process was a waste if you don't go all in when the assets you drafted (Embiid and Simmons) are at their peak. Maxey is great, but he's on the first flight to Toronto to make this happen.

• Like 2

F it, pull the trigger on Lowry. This year and next may be their best shot at a title. They need to go all in before the deadline. 

• Like 1

I'm in on Lowry, as I've said he seems like he would provide the same defense and scoring (16-18ppg) most nights as Butler.

And I'm in enough that I'd give one of the young guys if we had to. But that doesn't match salary. 

You have to either give up all of our expirings, or trade Ben.

I don't think it's worth trading Ben for.  So I'm out on that. 

I'd trade Green, Scott, and Shake and a 1st if that works. 

• Like 1

So it is

1.  Trade for Lowry by giving up Maxey, 1st and fillers and let Lowry walk after this season.

2.  Trade for Lowry by giving up Maxey, 1st and fillers and resign Lowry (he is looking for 2 years, 60 million and would be 35 and 36 years old for that contract).

3.  Trade for a different player.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm in on Lowry, as I've said he seems like he would provide the same defense and scoring (16-18ppg) most nights as Butler.

And I'm in enough that I'd give one of the young guys if we had to. But that doesn't match salary. 

You have to either give up all of our expirings, or trade Ben.

I don't think it's worth trading Ben for.  So I'm out on that. 

I'd trade Green, Scott, and Shake and a 1st if that works. 

Lowry is said to be looking for a 2 year 60 mil, his next contract.  He is a free agent after this year.  So would he be in our future plans or just a run we make this year?

54 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Lowry is said to be looking for a 2 year 60 mil, his next contract.  He is a free agent after this year.  So would he be in our future plans or just a run we make this year?

Then no

Trade all the assets for LaVine if he becomes available 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Then no

Trade all the assets for LaVine if he becomes available 

LaVine is really priority #1 just don't know if he's even available. 

Lowry seems to be the only player we are pretty sure of getting traded. 

I'd give 1 FRP in the Lowry trade knowing that he may walk.  I'd let him test free agency and if he doesn't get the 2/60 offer elsewhere bring him back at some lesser price. Or give him 2/60 with a team option for year 2 (and don't pick it up).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

And this guy was suppose to be the next Dirk 😆😆

hes good but the injuries... this year hes only played 17 games. Not sure what his issue has been. But hes averaging 20 and 8, 1.6 blocks, 85% at the FT line...

hes pretty good.