**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

The G league is over in 2 weeks and the nba is heading into all star break. They are just getting him some additional playing time and he’ll be back with the club soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He’s really not the ideal guy I would want. I feel like there’s gonna be minimal teams willing to trade on March 25 especially eastern conference with the six through eight seed stop being up for grabs. I think bjelica makes sense however he’s also not great this year either. It’s really not a great market. The rights to Ricky Sanchez gave a bunch and none are great. 

https://www.rightstorickysanchez.com/normal-column/121020

I think an interesting team to look out for a trade is the Orlando Magic. Evan Fournier is a free agent at the end of the year. I am guessing they would like to capitalize on his value before he just leaves and there are in no position to win anything right now. I’m guessing you probably could also get Terrence Ross and that deal cause they were probably want to get out of that contract, clear a bunch of space at the end of the year and it’s doable for the Sixers. I don’t think it’s completely impossible if you give up a first round pick and Maxey a deal to get those two guys coming back and that improves your team. The trade i made Orlando clears 23 mil in cap space with the contracts at the end of the year, you take ross off their books for the next two years (has value might have to include more cause of how good he is)

8F99F97F-FF71-4AE6-8AFF-3B10C5691F64.jpeg

That seems like a substantial overpayment - definitely would not give up Maxey for that. I do like Ross but if magic are looking to acquire expirings I think he could be had for green + a 2nd or highly protected first. Then I think you look to replace greens D/vet presence with someone like pJ tucker for a couple seconds using the horford trade exception. Then you have your MLE to use on the best of the buy out market. 

I think it really comes down to two options. 

1.  Go all in, if the right players (Beal/Lavine) become available by using anyone besides Joel or Ben.  Anyone else and all picks (to an extent) are on the table.  Then make a secondary smaller move to improve the bench.  Hope that is enough to make a good series against the Nets.

2.  If those top tier players are not available or someone else pays a kings ransom for them, stay the course.  Make any minor moves without giving up any young players or picks.  Then try again next year since we will have top assets to make trades which can bring in a difference maker.

I don't want to do anything in between like give up Maxey or Thybulle for some roles players that make us slightly better but won't matter when it comes to playing the Nets.  It would be annoying losing in the 2nd or even 3rd round this year but the foundation is there.  We have a ton of young assets and Morey working the phones.  Stay patient and make a big move next year.  The Nets will be a little bit older and if they make a deep run this year, they might be exhausted by round 3 of the playoffs next year.  Lebron will be a year older which means more wear and tear.

Right now, if the Nets are a 10, we are a 7.5.  Either get to 9.5/10 this year with the proper moves or just keep the ship steady and build on it for a run next year.

• Like 2

The problem with a team like the Sixers and where they are at is you can't predict next year. You can hope Ben, Tobias, and Joel continue to get better and improve, but you also kick the can down the road another year. Has to be a point where you go all in and try to win a title. How long can they wait with the the health of Joel?

We could argue that they really don't have a ton of young assets because blew so many trades all the assets are gone besides Shake and Maxey. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

i think i would rather just ride with this roster and its expiring deals than trade Maxey. I'm thinking long term and i'm not convinced they can win a title this year. outside of Beal, i just dont see a deal I would sell out for

Once Green and his expiring are gone you do not get to add to the salary cap because Sixers already over it. Your options are re sign Green or lose that 13 million dollars in space and replace it with a mid lvl exception. Or trade him now for a guy not on an expiring deal with equal talent level aka a Thad Young, Hill, Ross, Fournier etc. 

• Like 1

Victor Oladipo turned down a two-year, $45.2 million contract extension from the Houston Rockets, sources told Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

The amount was the most that the Rockets could currently offer Oladipo. The 28-year-old is currently in the final year of his four-year deal.

Oladipo is reportedly looking for a long-term deal, which the Rockets cannot offer until this offseason.

The Heat and the Knicks are among teams who have shown an interest in Oladipo in the past. 

Wojnarowski adds that the Rockets have yet to engage in trade talks involving Oladipo. 

In the scenario below, Tucker replaces Scott as the bench stretch 4, House replaces Green's 3 and D. You upgrade Maxey to Oladipo who is inserted in to the starting lineup. You improve starting units perimeter D and shot creation. Gain a primary/secondary ball handler. A guy who can score and get to the FT line in the half court. 

Milton, Thybulle, House, Tucker, Dwight bench has plenty of 3 and D, and rim protection. Theres no primary scorer on that unit yet. But that can eventually be solved...

Defense on both units is improved. Spacing a little worse maybe for the starters since Oldipo isnt a great 3 shooter, but he will still take them, and can make so it might not be horrible. Little loss in 3 shooting for starters is offset by half court offensive competence, improved ball handling, improved scoring and improved perimeter D. 

image.thumb.png.cbc69302c1afbf30f93190b4dc119503.png

Victor is an inefficient shooter and has had one good year. He just turned down 22 million a year so wants max money and isn't worth all the assets. 

Not to mention he is out tonight due to injury management on his right quad which he tore last year 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Victor is an inefficient shooter and has had one good year. He just turned down 22 million a year so wants max money and isn't worth all the assets. 

Not to mention he is out tonight due to injury management on his right quad which he tore last year 

meh... injury management nights are not a concern. they are normal in today's NBA. 

Easy to point to negative on just about any trade scenario. I can, and did present a lot of positives. Overall, that trade probably improves the team a good bit. And still leaves assets in Shake/Thybulle. Not sure what the pick involvement would be.  I wouldnt be willing to go crazy on picks. 

He isn't a good enough shooter with already having one guy that doesn't shoot make 30 million a year. Victor will want 25 to 30 million a year I bet. 

I dont know how willing Denver would be as sellers. Maybe not at all. Hypothetically, salaries match with Murray for Green, Scott, Maxey. I think hes a player worth giving up Maxey for without question unlike Oladipo which is obviously more debatable. My question is, how many picks is Murray worth in that deal? I kinda feel like hes underrated playing out in Denver where not many pay attention to. Is he Harden type pick compensation? If you give that, is it an offer that would entice Denver to maybe do it? I kinda feel it would be worth it. Hes under contract for 5 years. 

and what the hell happened to Gary Harris and all these 0 point games with a 9 PER?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont know how willing Denver would be as sellers. Maybe not at all. Hypothetically, salaries match with Murray for Green, Scott, Maxey. I think hes a player worth giving up Maxey for without question unlike Oladipo which is obviously more debatable. My question is, how many picks is Murray worth in that deal? I kinda feel like hes underrated playing out in Denver where not many pay attention to. Is he Harden type pick compensation? If you give that, is it an offer that would entice Denver to maybe do it? I kinda feel it would be worth it. Hes under contract for 5 years. 

and what the hell happened to Gary Harris and all these 0 point games with a 9 PER?

Murray worries me. He has games where is awesome and others suck, zero consistency. 

He had 9 turnovers the other day I was watching the Nuggets. 

A minor deal that could help is Grayson Allen with the Grizzlies. Justice Winslow came back from injury amd his minutes will be limited I think. 

19 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Murray worries me. He has games where is awesome and others suck, zero consistency. 

He had 9 turnovers the other day I was watching the Nuggets. 

Gross.

Maybe Cassell can fix that though.  If he fixed Ben spinning jump pass Simmons' turnover issue he should be able to fix it for anyone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Throw in two first and isaiah joe and it should get it done.

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I can't tell you how much I hate watching a game that she is commentating

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

A minor deal that could help is Grayson Allen with the Grizzlies. Justice Winslow came back from injury amd his minutes will be limited I think. 

Pass, just because I hate Grayson Allen. 

3 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

Throw in two first and isaiah joe and it should get it done.

Ok. I'd do that

20 hours ago, Khani1 said:

I think it really comes down to two options. 

1.  Go all in, if the right players (Beal/Lavine) become available by using anyone besides Joel or Ben.  Anyone else and all picks (to an extent) are on the table.  Then make a secondary smaller move to improve the bench.  Hope that is enough to make a good series against the Nets.

2.  If those top tier players are not available or someone else pays a kings ransom for them, stay the course.  Make any minor moves without giving up any young players or picks.  Then try again next year since we will have top assets to make trades which can bring in a difference maker.

I don't want to do anything in between like give up Maxey or Thybulle for some roles players that make us slightly better but won't matter when it comes to playing the Nets.  It would be annoying losing in the 2nd or even 3rd round this year but the foundation is there.  We have a ton of young assets and Morey working the phones.  Stay patient and make a big move next year.  The Nets will be a little bit older and if they make a deep run this year, they might be exhausted by round 3 of the playoffs next year.  Lebron will be a year older which means more wear and tear.

Right now, if the Nets are a 10, we are a 7.5.  Either get to 9.5/10 this year with the proper moves or just keep the ship steady and build on it for a run next year.

sorry, I missed the rest of this as I threw my laptop out the window when I saw these two words.

Really trying hard to not be dramatic, but these words shouldnt exist in this team's dictionary. Not in 2021. 

Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons are MVP/DPOTY favorites at this moment. THIS is the year. Not next year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

sorry, I missed the rest of this as I threw my laptop out the window when I saw these two words.

Really trying hard to not be dramatic, but these words shouldnt exist in this team's dictionary. Not in 2021. 

Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons are MVP/DPOTY favorites at this moment. THIS is the year. Not next year. 

I agree. Gotta make a trade for a prime quality vet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

How about these two words, Brooklyn Nets.  Here are three more words.  Durant, Harden, Irving.

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

How about these two words, Brooklyn Nets.  Here are three more words.  Durant, Harden, Irving.

two more:

don't care.

three more: 

can't be scared.

The Nets don't have the defense to deal with Embiid and DPOTY Simmons needs to step up and do whatever he can vs Harden and Durant. And then Morey needs to figure out the Lowry deal to throw him at Kyrie (if Kyrie even plays).

It is what it is. The excuse of being scared of the other better teams in the conference is out the window. That excuse is what set this all into motion back in 2013. You can't keep hiding behind that way of thinking. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

two more:

don't care.

three more: 

can't be scared.

The Nets don't have the defense to deal with Embiid and DPOTY Simmons needs to step up and do whatever he can vs Harden and Durant. And then Morey needs to figure out the Lowry deal to throw him at Kyrie (if Kyrie even plays).

It is what it is. The excuse of being scared of the other better teams in the conference is out the window. That excuse is what set this all into motion back in 2013. You can't keep hiding behind that way of thinking. 

I don't know if it's lowry. But definitely someone who is the 26-31 age range.