**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Tired of saying it every game lately. Get this team help already Daryl. And dont Fing veto any more trades Doc. 

• Like 1

Morey really needs to make a couple moves to improve this roster. Neither Curry nor Green should be starting. It’s a tough ask to bring in two starting caliber players but at a minimum at least one of them needs to be replaced in the starting lineup, plus another bench scorer (a 4 would be preferable). 

• Like 2

Just now, nipples said:

Morey really needs to make a couple moves to improve this roster. Neither Curry nor Green should be starting. It’s a tough ask to bring in two starting caliber players but at a minimum at least one of them needs to be replaced in the starting lineup, plus another bench scorer (a 4 would be preferable). 

there just arent a lot of scoring stretch 4s in the league, let alone one for the bench. You kind of need to settle for Robinson, Ilyasova, trade for Bjelica, or a buyout signing of Ariza. None are particularly attracitve moves, but appear to be the best chance at trying to upgrade the Mike Scott problem.

Bench scoring is going to have to come from the guard or wing spot either directly upgrading the bench, or upgrading a starter and moving Green or Curry to the bench. 

29 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

there just arent a lot of scoring stretch 4s in the league, let alone one for the bench. You kind of need to settle for Robinson, Ilyasova, trade for Bjelica, or a buyout signing of Ariza. None are particularly attracitve moves, but appear to be the best chance at trying to upgrade the Mike Scott problem.

Bench scoring is going to have to come from the guard or wing spot either directly upgrading the bench, or upgrading a starter and moving Green or Curry to the bench. 

Was listening to a interview with Keith Smith on 97.3 and he was talking about the Sixers have that trade exception which is $8.2 million. In that trade exception you can’t trade players from the Sixers to another team and you can only get one player with it. He made a really good argument that the Sixers should really try to get PJ Tucker with that. Now you still have the Morey and Rockets situation. But if you were able to get PJ Tucker with the Trade exception that allows you to also make a secondary move like getting someone Wayne Ellington in a deal and keeping Danny Green and Seth Curry and moving them to the bench. So then you’ve improved your bench and your starting lineup

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Was listening to a interview with Keith Smith on 97.3 and he was talking about the Sixers have that trade exception which is $8.2 million. In that trade exception you can’t trade players from the Sixers to another team and you can only get one player with it. He made a really good argument that the Sixers should really try to get PJ Tucker with that. Now you still have the Morey and Rockets situation. But if you were able to get PJ Tucker with the Trade exception that allows you to also make a secondary move like getting someone Wayne Ellington in a deal and keeping Danny Green and Seth Curry and moving them to the bench. So then you’ve improved your bench and your starting lineup

Yeah trade exception can't be combined in any package deal.  

I'm not sure if Tucker is really any good anymore. He has a lot of 0 point games in 20-30 minutes.  Would be like another Danny Green.

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah trade exception can't be combined in any package deal.  

I'm not sure if Tucker is really any good anymore. He has a lot of 0 point games in 20-30 minutes.  Would be like another Danny Green.

He’s really not the ideal guy I would want. I feel like there’s gonna be minimal teams willing to trade on March 25 especially eastern conference with the six through eight seed stop being up for grabs. I think bjelica makes sense however he’s also not great this year either. It’s really not a great market. The rights to Ricky Sanchez gave a bunch and none are great. 

https://www.rightstorickysanchez.com/normal-column/121020

I think an interesting team to look out for a trade is the Orlando Magic. Evan Fournier is a free agent at the end of the year. I am guessing they would like to capitalize on his value before he just leaves and there are in no position to win anything right now. I’m guessing you probably could also get Terrence Ross and that deal cause they were probably want to get out of that contract, clear a bunch of space at the end of the year and it’s doable for the Sixers. I don’t think it’s completely impossible if you give up a first round pick and Maxey a deal to get those two guys coming back and that improves your team. The trade i made Orlando clears 23 mil in cap space with the contracts at the end of the year, you take ross off their books for the next two years (has value might have to include more cause of how good he is)

8F99F97F-FF71-4AE6-8AFF-3B10C5691F64.jpeg

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He’s really not the ideal guy I would want. I feel like there’s gonna be minimal teams willing to trade on March 25 especially eastern conference with the six through eight seed stop being up for grabs. I think bjelica makes sense however he’s also not great this year either. It’s really not a great market. The rights to Ricky Sanchez gave a bunch and none are great. 

https://www.rightstorickysanchez.com/normal-column/121020

I think an interesting team to look out for a trade is the Orlando Magic. Evan Fournier is a free agent at the end of the year. I am guessing they would like to capitalize on his value before he just leaves and there are in no position to win anything right now. I’m guessing you probably could also get Terrence Ross and that deal cause they were probably want to get out of that contract, clear a bunch of space at the end of the year and it’s doable for the Sixers. I don’t think it’s completely impossible if you give up a first round pick in Maxey a deal to get those two guys coming back and that improves your team

8F99F97F-FF71-4AE6-8AFF-3B10C5691F64.jpeg

Yeah I like both of those guys. 

I feel like Gordon can be had too.

I posted a hypothetical ben trade months ago getting Gordon and Fournier. Don't love Gordon,  but both fill needs. 

Keeping been and getting any 2 of those 3 is a home run. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah I like both of those guys. 

I feel like Gordon can be had too.

I posted a hypothetical ben trade months ago getting Gordon and Fournier. Don't love Gordon,  but both fill needs. 

Keeping been and getting any 2 of those 3 is a home run. 

I think with Orlando you can sweeten a deal by giving them a lot of expiring contracts to where they’re gonna get a ton of cap space next year which plays into their favor of giving up those two guys.

I like Aaron Gordon I’ve watched him since he was in college and in high school since he went to Arizona. However he’s not good enough of a shooter to put around the guys you have He’s improved since Arizona but he’s still not good enough to be a stretch 4. I know he’s shooting a career high 37% but i think expecting him to keep that up isn’t realistic. ideally i think for the sixers you’d rather have ross and Fournier.

if you do this deal Orlando can potentially have nearly 30 mil of cap space cleared up at the end of the season plus they get someone like Maxey and a first and more. The cap space is something Orlando would probably love to acquire. 

5E1FC601-801B-48F7-B0ED-D7F2FE9C39AC.jpeg

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Simmons needs to go before his value drops. Keep saying it. 

For who though? Did you see the defense against Dallas?

8 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Simmons needs to go before his value drops. Keep saying it. 

Honestly,  his value is going back up. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Till playoff time and the better teams put up that foul line wall that will make him usless. Just like they do to Giannis and he actually shoots a little bit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

this fo just keeps throwing championships out the window because they keep believing in their own bs and not going outside the box to bring in talent to take over the division especially when lebron left the cavs. all they did was sit on their hands and knees and letting the teams around us get better, heck we could had butler and harden on the same team we could be a finals contender right now but no, they just cared more about their egos picking brett over butler, keeping ben over harden and let the nets take him like how can you let them take him?

i cant wrap my head around this.

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Till playoff time and the better teams put up that foul line wall that will make him usless. Just like they do to Giannis and he actually shoots a little bit 

Sixers have the highest fast break points in the NBA at 16 points. I can't find how many Simmons has but cut that in half during playoff time. 

• Like 1

i think i would rather just ride with this roster and its expiring deals than trade Maxey. I'm thinking long term and i'm not convinced they can win a title this year. outside of Beal, i just dont see a deal I would sell out for

12 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

i think i would rather just ride with this roster and its expiring deals than trade Maxey. I'm thinking long term and i'm not convinced they can win a title this year. outside of Beal, i just dont see a deal I would sell out for

I agree. I think getting a guard like ish, or rubio would help. Something that would help us in the half court in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Fing idiots

I think it makes sense to get him consistent minutes and help him develop. 

Just now, iladelphxx said:

I think it makes sense to get him consistent minutes and help him develop. 

yeah it does. but he should be getting minutes with the 6ers. Kork is the one that should go to the blue coats to develop. 

• Like 3

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

yeah it does. but he should be getting minutes with the 6ers. Kork is the one that should go to the blue coats to develop. 

Unless a trade is about to happen which would push him even further down the depth chart.

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Unless a trade is about to happen which would push him even further down the depth chart.

lets hope 

• Like 1