**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Would you be willing to try Joe in Green's starting spot or think he is too raw? 

Like Kispert out of Gonzaga as a late 1st round pick if the Sixers have one this year. 

It's just weird not having to crowd noise and seeing the fans.

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No one has said to trade him since he actually decided to start acting like he cared. Sure seems around the time Morey told him to pack his bags he is going to Houston only to have the owner reject the trade. 

But keep trying to pop in the thread and act like you know basketball once a week, it's cute. 

And no I don't believe Simmons will score the necessary 25 points a game  to beat the Nets in a 7 game series. 

I'm saying it. They will regret not trading him while his value is up. He will wilt in the playoffs like always. 

11 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

I'm saying it. They will regret not trading him while his value is up. He will wilt in the playoffs like always. 

I love what he is doing now but I share the same fear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

I love what he is doing now but I share the same fear.

KD is averaging 29 ppg, Irving 27, Harden 25.

Embiid 30 ppg, Tobias 20, Simmons 15.7

One is not like the other and if stays that way I don't see how they beat the Nets. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

One is not like the other and if stays that way I don't see how they beat the Nets. 

Ben's defense plays a big factor in this though.

If we're serious about lowry we should add a 1rst and a couple of 2nds to kork and filler and get it done.

12 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Ben's defense plays a big factor in this though.

Not really, out of the 3 Ben probably guards Durant and if  he is getting locked down ( won't happen)  Harden can easily just put up an extra 10- 15 to make up for it. 

Remember Harden is playing facilitator right now and still averaging 25 a game he averaged 35 last year.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not really, out of the 3 Ben probably guards Durant and if  he is getting locked down ( won't happen)  Harden can easily just put up an extra 10- 15 to make up for it. 

Remember Harden is playing facilitator right now and still averaging 25 a game he averaged 35 last year.  

Gotta add Lowry's defense to the equation.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Gotta add Lowry's defense to the equation.

If that is who they are going after then absolutely. To stay the way it is and take on the nets is the scenario that voids Bens defense. 

36 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

If we're serious about lowry we should add a 1rst and a couple of 2nds to kork and filler and get it done.

You think they would trade him for that package?  There will be a lot of other teams interested in him who could offer more.

58 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Guy is 35 there have to be other options out there that are younger. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

To be perfectly honest even if Simmons score 25 points game in that series I don’t think the Sixers could beat the nets. The Nets are going to add a couple players in the buyout market. So when you put Joe Harris along with let’s say two quality players they get in the buyout market then it’s likely going to be better than Seth Curry, Danny Green and Shake Milton. The Sixers could add guys but I think Harris is better than any of our three or potential trades they actually make unless it’s Lavine or Lowry. So even adding guys they aren’t likely better as a whole than Harris and two potential buyout pickups the nets will get. 

19 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

You think they would trade him for that package?  There will be a lot of other teams interested in him who could offer more.

You can't count Lowry until he is wearing a uniform. 

KD can get his shot over anyone, including LeBron and Simmons. Irving might be on the most skilled basketball players I have seen with the ball in his hands. Harden with his 6'10" wingspan is able to get to the bucket at will and now shown the ability to facilitate like we haven't seen before. 

These three dudes are first ballot Hall of Famers and probably Top 50-75 players of all time. 

Simmons HAS to score 25 a night. I mean Joe Harris is a better fourth option than Green or Curry. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

lowry makes $30 mill so idk how they match salaries for him.

AC5469E9-8B78-49A9-B272-54215E41D647.jpeg

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

lowry makes $30 mill so idk how they match salaries for him.

We have to send about 24. It's pretty easy when Green and Scott account for 20

22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We have to send about 24. It's pretty easy when Green and Scott account for 20

So Thybulle starts? 

And Curry is first guy off the bench? And pretty much only guy you can trust. 

Morey can really only do so much with this roster and trading away Bridges for a pencil absolutely killed them. But they have Fed up trades over the last few years and only ended up with Tobias Harris. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

So Thybulle starts? 

And Curry is first guy off the bench? And pretty much only guy you can trust 

Shake, Curry, Howard off the bench....we would need a lot more than that.

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

So Thybulle starts? 

And Curry is first guy off the bench? And pretty much only guy you can trust 

Yep.  In that scenario which doesn't account for any other potential additions like Quinn Cook, or Glenn Robinson, or poyential buyout guys like Arizona, Ellington... or other cheap trades like bjelica.

In other words,  there's no reason to make believe the Lowry trade would be the only move we can make. 

25 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yep.  In that scenario which doesn't account for any other potential additions like Quinn Cook, or Glenn Robinson, or poyential buyout guys like Arizona, Ellington... or other cheap trades like bjelica.

In other words,  there's no reason to make believe the Lowry trade would be the only move we can make. 

We can also be honest does Cook and Robinson want to go to a place he can win a ring or get minutes to get his next contract. Remember Wayne Ellington signed with the Pistons instead of Philly to get minutes. 

Also, if I am a buyout I want to play with the Nets. They have no real depth at certain positions and can play with those guys. 

Next month is going to be really interesting. I think the Nets are the favorites at this moment and Sixers need to do something outside of the box to make it a series. It starts with forcing Simmons to be aggressive every second he is on the court without Joel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

so glenn robinson who couldn't make the playoff rotation last season is suddenly going to help? 

Let Haz have his dreams 

And wouldn't have mattered if this turned out bad 

41 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Shake, Curry, Howard off the bench....we would need a lot more than that.

Yes and no.  The rotation will shrink to 8 or maybe 9 players in the playoffs.

33 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

so glenn robinson who couldn't make the playoff rotation last season is suddenly going to help? 

Brett Brown

19 minutes ago, nipples said:

Brett Brown

Is a reason he is only 27 and on 6 teams though. All 6 teams got it wrong, but the 3rd time beside Ben and Joel will work? 

And the high scoring number with the Warriors was when everyone was hurt last year