**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

heres this

image.thumb.png.c0e79b0f19e56c0c7909635193d35a43.png

No thanks.  Add an often injured Porzingis to Embiid (who will miss his fair share of games) and hijacking the cap space for the next few years sounds like a horrible idea.  Kristaps contract is gonna be terrible in the future.  And we will need to attach at least a 1st and probably more in order for Toronto to agree to that.  Why would they want Green or Scott in their current situation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

No thanks.  Add an often injured Porzingis to Embiid (who will miss his fair share of games) and hijacking the cap space for the next few years sounds like a horrible idea.  Kristaps contract is gonna be terrible in the future.  And we will need to attach at least a 1st and probably more in order for Toronto to agree to that.  Why would they want Green or Scott in their current situation?

You can't do picks on the trade machine.  Yes obviously there would be picks included.

Porzingis is interesting for the added defense,  and same scoring potential as Tobias. His contact is not worse.  It's better.  But it's a very different type of player.  Not sure he's a better,  or worse fit. 

Maxey hasn't shown he'd be anything more than a bench player in this league.  You trade him immediately to get Lowry. This team is in a win now mode with an mvp candidate.  I'd love to have lavine but bulls won't trade him. 

Im not trying to band the table for Porzingis, just putting some ideas out there for discussion with the Tobi vs Porzingis trade, and now this:

One of the benefits of Porzingis instead of Harris is the contract number, and years remaining.

Starting with this years salary you have

Tobias- 34M, 35M, 37M, 39M

Porzingis- 29M, 31M, 33M, and a player option for 36M

Its cheaper, and potentially a year shorter. 

Here comes another Porzingis idea. Maybe you dont like trading Harris for him. What if it just took expirings to match money as below, and whatever combination of picks and maybe a young player. 

Now, youve replaced Green in the starting lineup with a PF/C who is a reliable 20ppg scorer by replacing him with Porzingis, and shifting Tobi to SF. 

Joel

Porzingis

Harris

Curry

Ben

image.thumb.png.0064d7e0f382d3fe5d46a40ae2f43cd0.png

• Like 1

I put 5 dollars on Danny Green for the 1st basket of the game, hoping for a nice look at a corner 3. How about that 2nd basket of the game....

21 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Guys that big just can't healthy and he is a total pass. 

Wouldn't give up Maxey to get Porz

Its obviously reactionary, and the wrong long term move, but Im finding it hard to care about trading away Maxey in deals these days due to the overall suckitude of the bench. 

F you korkmaz. Why would you try to shot it from wherever it lands in your hands? He never set up for a shot. He literally just fired it from the position it hit his hands. 

Dwight Howard makes Dalembert look like a high basketball IQ player with exceptional hands. 

Honestly they badly need an upgrade from Danny green starting. It is ok if you have curry as a starter if you have 4 really good starters. But green kills you with his inconsistency and curry has been inconsistent since returning. Can’t have two of those guys in the starting lineup especially with a lackluster bench 

Also embiid’s last 2.5 games shooting 14-53 which is 26.4%. Hopefully he snaps out of it quickly. Still amazing he has 23 tonight on 5-20 shooting cause of the 11-12 at the line. 

anyone still on the "put ben simmons on the block and take what surprises us" boat?  trade deadline is coming up.  was such a hot take earlier in this thread.  i understand "simmons is what he is" and this team probably WOULD be better without him.

coaches, our gm, his team mates...  all have nothing but positive things to say about him.  heck, even coaches around the league wondered why doc was going to bat for him to be an all-star..  but that's all coach and gm speak.  his raptor and whatever other negative metric says he's garbage...  and he doesn't have a jump shot..  so he's garbage x2.  his defense is not elite, clearly there's a metric out there that shows that.

...not only that, teams will shut him down in the playoffs.  why even bother trying with him?

i bet some fool would give us like 2 2nds for him and some adequate bench pieces we need.

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, JayEcho said:

anyone still on the "put ben simmons on the block and take what surprises us" boat?  trade deadline is coming up.  was such a hot take earlier in this thread.  i understand "simmons is what he is" and this team probably WOULD be better without him.

coaches, our gm, his team mates...  all have nothing but positive things to say about him.  heck, even coaches around the league wondered why doc was going to bat for him to be an all-star..  but that's all coach and gm speak.  his raptor and whatever other negative metric says he's garbage...  and he doesn't have a jump shot..  so he's garbage x2.  his defense is not elite, clearly there's a metric out there that shows that.

...not only that, teams will shut him down in the playoffs.  why even bother trying with him?

i bet some fool would give us like 2 2nds for him and some adequate bench pieces we need.

I'd still trade him. Sell high. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

F you korkmaz. Why would you try to shot it from wherever it lands in your hands? He never set up for a shot. He literally just fired it from the position it hit his hands. 

Dwight Howard makes Dalembert look like a high basketball IQ player with exceptional hands. 

Korkmaz always has been and always will be a chucker. I know he had one of his rare good games against Toronto, but overall he’s just brutal. I’d rather just increase Joe’s minutes if it means I don’t have to watch Korkmaz chuck up low percentage shots constantly. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JayEcho said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No one has said to trade him since he actually decided to start acting like he cared. Sure seems around the time Morey told him to pack his bags he is going to Houston only to have the owner reject the trade. 

But keep trying to pop in the thread and act like you know basketball once a week, it's cute. 

And no I don't believe Simmons will score the necessary 25 points a game  to beat the Nets in a 7 game series. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, nipples said:

Korkmaz always has been and always will be a chucker. I know he had one of his rare good games against Toronto, but overall he’s just brutal. I’d rather just increase Joe’s minutes if it means I don’t have to watch Korkmaz chuck up low percentage shots constantly. 

Would you be willing to try Joe in Green's starting spot or think he is too raw? 

Like Kispert out of Gonzaga as a late 1st round pick if the Sixers have one this year. 

• Like 1