**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

5 minutes ago, rambo said:

Joe was doing some fine 3 point chucking last night.

I think Doc should put him in the starting lineup and move Green to the bench. 6'5" with a 6'10" wingspan so has the length and as Joel said they need to shoot more 3s. We have seen a lot of rookies similar to Joe get minutes. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think Doc should put him in the starting lineup and move Green to the bench. 6'5" with a 6'10" wingspan so has the length and as Joel said they need to shoot more 3s. We have seen a lot of rookies similar to Joe get minutes. 

Doc is an old school coach in the sense that he doesn't really like giving rookies a lot of play time.

1 hour ago, rambo said:

Doc is an old school coach in the sense that he doesn't really like giving rookies a lot of play time.

that's fine but no reason why you cant phase out Korkmaz / send him somewhere and give his minutes to Joe right?

1 minute ago, JBENT87 said:

that's fine but no reason why you cant phase out Korkmaz / send him somewhere and give his minutes to Joe right?

I'm not arguing for Korkmaz over Joe.  Not even a little.  Just Doc prefers playing vets and always has.  I remember that being a gripe of some fans at his other stops.

• Like 2

Looks like Ilyasova signing with the Jazz. That was one vet min type guy many 6ers fans were interested in adding. Hopefully our sights are set higher, on Nance. 

Yes, it's the football player..... I'm guessing he's friends with Drummond and heard it from him firsthand 

11 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Yes, it's the football player..... I'm guessing he's friends with Drummond and heard it from him firsthand 

They get Drummond then not sure what the Sixers do. 

Nets will have a real bench as well

Blake, Jeff Green Jordan, Bruce Brown, Andre Roberson, and Shamet

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They get Drummond then not sure what the Sixers do. 

Nets will have a real bench as well

Blake, Jeff Green Jordan, Bruce Brown, Andre Roberson, and Shamet

Embiid loves destroying Drummond more than any other player in the league.  Should be fun.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rambo said:

Embiid loves destroying Drummond more than any other player in the league.  Should be fun.

True but teams are doubling Embiid right away and make the others beat them. 

With his assist to turnover ratio still high it is the way to go 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

True but teams are doubling Embiid right away and make the others beat them. 

With his assist to turnover ratio still high it is the way to go 

Yep. Sixers still do not have anyone they can really go to when that happens. Harris is a flip of the coin and Simmons sucks in half court. Why I keep saying trade that guy ASAP, but they will keep him, probably make minimal moves, and get bounced in the 2nd round again...unless they make the big move they need to make. Doesn't mean trading him per say, but they need a big move or they are a fugazzi.

22 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yep. Sixers still do not have anyone they can really go to when that happens. Harris is a flip of the coin and Simmons sucks in half court. Why I keep saying trade that guy ASAP, but they will keep him, probably make minimal moves, and get bounced in the 2nd round again...unless they make the big move they need to make. Doesn't mean trading him per say, but they need a big move or they are a fugazzi.

Beal doesn't want to leave and how do the Bulls feel about LaVine. 

I think you ask the Blazers about Lillard but get laughed at.

The Rockets owner vetoing the trade for Harden put Morey in a bind. 

35 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I would guess Ben and 1st round picks and pick swaps for the next 15 years might be the starting point.

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Him not wanting to quit on something doesn't mean he can't be moved. Enough rumors are floating with the Bulls something could get done. Lillard isn't an option, but there are enough out there to get something done. Point remains if they don't make a big move they aren't going any place unless Simmons is pulling  a Rocky II and will suddenly switch and start raining down 3s in the playoffs. Outside of that he will play defense, which won't matter a damn once Embiid gets shut down, Harris gets cold, and the bench has nothing to give. Unless they get another piece they will never win with Simmons the way he plays. It just doesn't translate in the playoffs and they don't have snipers like the Jazz to rain down consistent 3s. If they can do that and keep him fine. If moving him is the only way then they need to do it.

They need Ben to shot even a bit and be aggressive getting to the hoop and need more shooters to spread the floor. 

I think they may have run into a juggernaut in the Nets this year if they get Drummond. 

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They need Ben to shot even a bit and be aggressive getting to the hoop and need more shooters to spread the floor. 

I think they may have run into a juggernaut in the Nets this year if they get Drummond. 

If the nets get Drummond it’s really stacked against anyone in the league. Like you go 3 all stars (arguably second best player on the planet in KD) and then have Drummond, Blake and Harris after them. The sixers don’t have a better big 3 and then I’d argue out of the top 6 players Kd, harden, Irving, embiid, Simmons and Harris the next 3 best players are all nets. They’d have to get Lavine and still add two guys with the trade exception and buyout market and might still not be enough. 

I like Wright as a back up guard on a good contract next year is 9.5 million as well. 

Still need need a wing and a stretch four in my opinion 

Spurs and Aldridge mutually parting, trade likely.

Wonder where he ends up. Heat seem to have an opening. 

How long till DeRozan asks out too?

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Agree, but Simmons just won't do it. He shoots them before games and then never tries in real minutes. Maddening. Doc needs to pull him aside and show him some of Kork's stats. He'll chuck 12 up and make 3 some nights it seems. Keep Kork on the bench and tell Ben to chuck them up instead.

10 hours ago, rambo said:

Whiteside says hi. 

But he lives rent free in both their heads

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Spurs and Aldridge mutually parting, trade likely.

Wonder where he ends up. Heat seem to have an opening. 

How long till DeRozan asks out too?

Aldridge is a massive defensive liability. Only good in real limited minutes