**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

5 minutes ago, rambo said:

What's on those incognito tabs?

Secondary Gmail account because I hate using the Gmail app

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Out 2-3 weeks 

Sucks...Right when the Sixers hit the toughest part of their schedule.

Better 2-3 weeks than 11-12  months

• Like 1

Just now, rambo said:

Sucks...Right when the Sixers hit the toughest part of their schedule.

Perfect opportunity to mess with rotations and a game against the Spurs is a good start. 

Simmons, Harris, Thybulle Green, Curry 

Unleash Simmons as Draymond Green 2.0 and run run run

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Perfect opportunity to mess with rotations and a game against the Spurs is a good start. 

Simmons, Harris, Thybulle Green, Curry 

Unleash Simmons as Draymond Green 2.0 and run run run

Yeah.  I just wanted to see how they stacked up with a full starting roster against some of the better teams.  Maybe Reed and Joe come up now that the G-League is done.

2 minutes ago, rambo said:

Yeah.  I just wanted to see how they stacked up with a full starting roster against some of the better teams.  Maybe Reed and Joe come up now that the G-League is done.

Yep, beat me to it.  I'm guessing a Bradley/Dwight/Reed platoon with a dash of Mike Scott?

Not sure what Morey has up his sleeve but if he was planning on trading for an impact player who can score, this would be the time. 

• Like 2

I can't believe it is only a 2 week. Probably 3 the way he heals but I agree they need to make an impact trade now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

image.gif.f1ea4f0f6cff814fd20aa53cb585267c.gif

You might as well broadcast that you're secret service or maybe secret Santa.

12 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

best case he probably misses a few weeks with a bone bruise.

Boom

Now let's get some help to keep us up in the standings. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Boom

Now let's get some help to keep us up in the standings. 

We saw the Lakers absolutely crash down to Earth without AD and expect something similar, be happy with .500

Also, he is probably out of the MVP race and Jokic to lose. 

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

We saw the Lakers absolutely crash down to Earth without AD and expect something similar, be happy with .500

Also, he is probably out of the MVP race and Jokic to lose. 

I think he should stay in the race. Maybe if he missed the whole 2nd half of season but it won't be too too long.  If he comes back still dominating,  that is... I think he should win it.

I hope he doesn't get psyched out considering this happened on a monstrous posterization, and now spends all his time back out on the perimeter when he gets back. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think he should stay in the race. Maybe if he missed the whole 2nd half of season but it won't be too too long.  If he comes back still dominating,  that is... I think he should win it.

I hope he doesn't get psyched out considering this happened on a monstrous posterization, and now spends all his time back out on the perimeter when he gets back. 

You just can't miss almost 25%, if he misses 10 games this time, of the season when Jokic or Dame are playing the entire year at MVP levels. 

Then Christian Wood should be the MVP  because they won 7 out of 8 before he got hurt and now lost 15 in a row. 

MVP is a secondary goal.  Yeah it would be nice for him to get it but I care way more about making a deep run.  I think Joel would be pretty satisfied if they can make it to the Finals and he didn't get MVP.  He knows he is playing at MVP level and that will motivate him even more for next year.

MVP award is over, but who cares?

The playoffs are all that matter in the NBA, seeding mostly useless, and they aren't missing the playoffs, so his absence is pretty irrelevant too.

Probably a blessing in disguise that they can put him in a bubble and let him explode onto the scene for the playoffs.  This is a load manager's dream.

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

This is a load manager's dream.

My only concern will be his cardio after being off the court for 3 weeks.  He was just off the court for nearly 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

MVP award is over, but who cares?

The playoffs are all that matter in the NBA, seeding mostly useless, and they aren't missing the playoffs, so his absence is pretty irrelevant too.

Probably a blessing in disguise that they can put him in a bubble and let him explode onto the scene for the playoffs.  This is a load manager's dream.

Load management is one thing.  Doing it for Joel and maintaining his conditioning while he is non weight bearing on the knee will be quite another.  Difficult balancing act. 

Then you have his mental fragility. He admittedly moped his way through last year because he was depressed Redick want here anymore.  Now you have to hope he doesn't get depressed over potentially losing the MVP award,  and getting injured after all the work he put in on his body. He may mope and eat his way through this injury. 

You gotta worry we get the same Joel back from this not just physically but mental as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

My only concern will be his cardio after being off the court for 3 weeks.  He was just off the court for nearly 2 weeks.

Yeah and this time he will have a non-weight bearing period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah and this time he will have a non-weight bearing period. 

Hopefully can be in the pool treadmill by next week. 

And let's get some PRP in that knee.