**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

40 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Maybe.  But not for the 6ers.

Why? Point guard... Why overcomplicate what we know we need?

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but has anybody looked into or started trading NBA Hot Shots?

If you're like me and didn't know what this is, it's basically NBA trading cards (called moments) on blockchain, in the form of short highlights gifs. The value is really taking off. Of course it could be the next big thing that revolutionises trading cards or it could be a bubble that bursts and you're left with some worthless gifs that you paid a lot of money for. To me, this looks legit though.

4 minutes ago, bbabraham said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but has anybody looked into or started trading NBA Hot Shots?

If you're like me and didn't know what this is, it's basically NBA trading cards (called moments) on blockchain, in the form of short highlights gifs. The value is really taking off. Of course it could be the next big thing that revolutionises trading cards or it could be a bubble that bursts and you're left with some worthless gifs that you paid a lot of money for. To me, this looks legit though.

Sounds pretty cool.  I never got in to card collecting though. 

I would have to imagine one of the most valuable is the dwade and LeBron Heat dunk gif?

15 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Why? Point guard... Why overcomplicate what we know we need?

BECAUSE HE CAN'T SHOOT AND A MASSIVE DEAL. Hell, Joel said a few weeks ago they need to shoot more 3s so let's trade one guy that can decently shoot 3s for a guy who can't and gets beat on defense consistently.  

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

BECAUSE HE CAN'T SHOOT AND A MASSIVE DEAL. Hell, Joel said a few weeks ago they need to shoot more 3s so let's trade one guy that can decently shoot 3s for a guy who can't and gets beat on defense consistently.  

Joel hasn't been successful in a half court set in the playoffs. Which rubio provides.

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Sounds pretty cool.  I never got in to card collecting though. 

I would have to imagine one of the most valuable is the dwade and LeBron Heat dunk gif?

My brother was telling me about it this morning. It's officially partnered with the NBA. He has a friend that's been regularly trading them for a few months who put in about $1,000 and has cards to the value of $85,000. Another two friends of his know absolutely nothing about basketball but bought $300 worth of packs and held on to them, which are now worth $1,000 in total. This was in just a couple weeks.

I think I'm going to give this a go the next time there's a pack drop.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Joel hasn't been successful in a half court set in the playoffs. Which rubio provides.

He provides a clogged paint with him and Simmons on the floor with Joel. 

1 hour ago, bbabraham said:

My brother was telling me about it this morning. It's officially partnered with the NBA. He has a friend that's been regularly trading them for a few months who put in about $1,000 and has cards to the value of $85,000. Another two friends of his know absolutely nothing about basketball but bought $300 worth of packs and held on to them, which are now worth $1,000 in total. This was in just a couple weeks.

I think I'm going to give this a go the next time there's a pack drop.

You mentioned bitcoin. How are these cards saved? Do you need a digital wallet to get them in to a safe spot where they cant be snatched away? Or is there a secure site that this is run through? Or can you just save them on your PC hard drive or phone SD card?

did your brother seek out these super valuable 85k cards? Or did they happen to come in a pack he bought by luck?

How much is a pack?

These jerseys are awful.  

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He provides a clogged paint with him and Simmons on the floor with Joel. 

Holy sheet how are you still being nice about this? Lol kind of... 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

You mentioned bitcoin. How are these cards saved? Do you need a digital wallet to get them in to a safe spot where they cant be snatched away? Or is there a secure site that this is run through? Or can you just save them on your PC hard drive or phone SD card?

did your brother seek out these super valuable 85k cards? Or did they happen to come in a pack he bought by luck?

How much is a pack?

It's all through the website. No need for saving them anywhere. Really simple. You would need a digital wallet if you wanted to withdraw your cash from their account though.

The friend who's up to $85k has been actively buying low and selling high (and buying packs). Buying packs seems to be the best return on investment but pack sales are very limited. There's none currently available. When there's a pack drop, apparently there'll be a day or so notice and then everyone gets in an online queue and hopes to be able to buy packs. There's different packs going for like $9 to a few hundred $ for a pack, depending on the pack type.

If you see huge differences in the prices the same card goes for, look at the serial number. So if there's 1000 copies of a card released, serial #1 (being the first card released) will be more valuable than #2 etc. Also jersey number affects value. So if a player is jersey number 23, serial number 23 of the card will be worth more than the other serial numbers around it.

5 minutes ago, NVeagle said:

I just downloaded it. 

Not that kind of owner :D

• Like 1

This three-game stretch has been really impressive. I get they played two bad teams and the Spurs are OK but they are not just beating these teams they are pounding these teams. And they haven’t had embiid for longer than 2 quarters and Ben Simmons for 2.5 quarters

Sixers have scored on 25 of their last 26 possessions.

And until that turnover 21 straight possessions. 

Glad Samanic is playing. He is one of the best players in the league and they never play him. 

4 hours ago, bbabraham said:

NFTs (non fungible tokens, the technical name for these things) are really hot right now. An artist sold one for $69M the other day, Jack Dorsey sold his first tweet as a NFT for a couple million, etc.

Have to imagine these things will be highly correlated to Bitcoin -- both on the way up and the way down. I think the technology/concept itself has a lot of promise, but sports collectibles are pretty dicey IMO. Like you said, it's similar to a baseball card.  They go through cycles. Someone will be left holding the bag at the end of the cycle. But yes, this is all very "legitimate" in the sense that it is a real asset class, licensed by the NBA, etc. Could end up being huge, could crash and burn, or most likely it goes through waves of popularity. I'd say there's probably 6-12 months before the whole crypto space hits another bear market.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

This next eight without Joel, sheesh.  4-4? 5-3? 

image.png

That road trip is gonna be brutal.  Really need to win 3 of 4 of knicks, bucks, kings and Knicks. Then try to go 1-3 or 2-2 on the road trip. 

3 hours ago, therealdawk said:

This next eight without Joel, sheesh.  4-4? 5-3

8-0, Super Bowl!

2 minutes ago, NVeagle said:

8-0, Super Bowl!

Korkmaz is already morphing into nick foles. Shot 4-4 from 3 and 16 points vs. the Spurs. And 4-5 from 3 and 18 points at wizards 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@HazletonEagle Got this sweet Mathisse steal and dunk for $6. It's not limited edition, so more will be released, thus less valuable. Similar to the steal and dunk last night.

https://www.nbatopshot.com/moment/smooth_piranha9716+15acd360-ce00-43bf-b209-cef6363461a2?

Oh and my cards are up $6 in value. So yeah... I'm retiring rich soon :P