**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Obviously they drafted him to develop into Ben Simmons after we trade Ben Simmons lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s exactly what I thought.  Move thybulle with Ben? 

No keep thybulle

a grain of salt post from a guy with tennessee connections

I am a Tennessee fan and have some access to the views of people inside the program. The coaches love Springer as an NBA prospect. Rick Barnes has put numerous guys in the pros so his view I think would carry some weight. A scout for the Piston’s who is a friend of my son had him rated much higher than 28 and higher than Keon Johnson actually .
He was hurt early in the year as has been mentioned. He is not flashy but would be surprised if fans are not happy as he develops.

Cooper

Butler

Bassey

Petrusev

Garza

About the only guys left I can get excited about. Dont really know many more guys left.

Other players of note- we worked these guys out or interviewed at the combine

Matt Mitchell

Austin Reaves

Terrence Shannon 

And then, theres still Mac McClung.

7 more players to come off the board before our 50th pick. Solid chance one of my top 4 guys are still left. 

what the hell do we do if Cooper is still there? Too good to pass on him again. Though Im afraid theres more than his small size at this point that is causing him to fall so far. 

Garza, Petrusev, and Bassey are 3 bigs who score over 20ppg, and all shoot 3s well enough. Might go with one of them at 50, and then if Cooper is there with the last pick I think you just have to...

4 more picks to go. 3 stretch bigs left. Perfectly fits our needs. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Springer pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

welp. its for sure all about the bigs with our next pick. A choice of 3 nice stretch options which arent that plentiful in the NBA. Couldnt ask for a better situation to possibly land someone cheap. 

YES!

Now still get Garza. Make Petrusev the stretch 4, and Garza at the 5. Deadly shooting bigs on the bench who can create space for Maxey and Springer attacking the rim. 

He has a buyout but wants to come over immediately.

So much better than Mike Scott. 

With the last pick, I can see Reaves, or Garza. 2 guys we have worked out. One is a SG, the other, the best shooting stretch 5 in the draft. 

There went TJs boy. Would have loved him too. Ill take a flyer on Bassey. I became immediately intrigued by his length, rebounding and 3 point shooting. 

YES!!!!!! 

See ya Dwight. thanks for your contributions. Wont miss the fouls though. 

Bassey is another good upside pick. Sixers last two drafts have been pretty nice in terms of value picks

• Like 1