**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

meh...i don't even pay attention to 2nd rounders. i remember everyone being pizzed a couple drafts ago when the sixers traded pick 33 to boston & they drafted carsen edwards with it.  there was weeks of queefing over that move.  meanwhile, the trade allowed philly to move up & draft thybulle....and edwards is playing less than 10 mpg & shot 29% from three last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

meh...i don't even pay attention to 2nd rounders. i remember everyone being pizzed a couple drafts ago when the sixers traded pick 33 to boston & they drafted carsen edwards with it.  there was weeks of queefing over that move.  meanwhile, the trade allowed philly to move up & draft thybulle....and edwards is playing less than 10 mpg & shot 29% from three last season. 

But Edwards dropped 30+ in a summer league game!  He was summer league star after he was drafted.  Then everybody realized he's a midget who's a streaky at best shooter.

I really just watch a scouting video and try to figure out what they are about and if they can be a future bench piece.  Only fools would expect them to contribute anytime soon.  Especially on a contending team.  Still trying to figure out what Springer is.  I guess bust because Keith Williams.

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Jimmy Butler has tho 

Is this an on going tongue in cheek internet rumor or is their any meat to it?  I see references to Jimmy knocking boots with Rachel on NBA forums quite frequently. 

I will say that from what I can tell, AI would have a great shot if he wanted it. 

[Vecenie] The Kings taking Davion Mitchell caused jaws to drop league-wide not due to the fact that he’s not worth a pick in that range, but simply due to the Kings having two awesome point guards in De’Aaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton already

renderTimingPixel.png

Article

We’ll get into whether or not I liked some of these moves later, but the James Bouknight fall was a bit of a stunner from his pre-draft process push, and sources noted it may have occurred in part due to reticence regarding a high school meniscus tear in his left knee. Every year, teams privately say that this will be the season where they ignore the doctors who flag players from past injuries, and every year it’s proven that will not be the case. The Kings taking Davion Mitchell caused jaws to drop league-wide not due to the fact that he’s not worth a pick in that range, but simply due to the Kings having two awesome point guards in De’Aaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton already.

fox, please. :drool:

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Haliburton > Fox

ok.

i don't think the kings would give him up though. 

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Haliburton > Fox

His assist to turnover ratio as a rookie is impressive.

The 29% and 32% from 3 the last two years is concerning and you need your lead guard especially with Embiid to keep them honest. Becomes another scenario where Thybulle has to shoot or screwed come playoff time. 

yeah, fox isn't a great shooter. i'd still take him over ben though. at least he seems to be a willing shooter...and he's more aggressive taking the ball to the hoop as well. 

i'd think that fox would get cleaner looks in philly with defenses focusing on jojo. bagley doesn't exactly command double teams. :lol:  

1 hour ago, therealdawk20 said:

Is this an on going tongue in cheek internet rumor or is their any meat to it?  I see references to Jimmy knocking boots with Rachel on NBA forums quite frequently. 

I will say that from what I can tell, AI would have a great shot if he wanted it. 

Any meat to it?  Uhhh...:wacko:

13 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Which player would we give up less for, Fox or Haliburton?

Not sure.  Fox is not a good shooter.  Haliburton is not a shot creator. Both have their limitations,  yet are excellent players. 

Which is more likely to develop their missing skill? Don't know. 

Is not really the best trade option to work with the kings. Unless we get Hield too to sweeten the deal,  I'll pass on the incomplete PGs who are imperfect fits here. 

I'd probably rather a Brogdon and levert package. Or Sexton who is more complete than either of them on offense.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Not sure.  Fox is not a good shooter.  Haliburton is not a shot creator. Both have their limitations,  yet are excellent players. 

Which is more likely to develop their missing skill? Don't know. 

Is not really the best trade option to work with the kings. Unless we get Hield too to sweeten the deal,  I'll pass on the incomplete PGs who are imperfect fits here. 

I'd probably rather a Brogdon and levert package. Or Sexton who is more complete than either of them on offense.

You really love Sexton don't you.

7 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

He's just a better fit than the Kings guards. And more attainable.

I also think you cab trade Tobi there for Love and Sexton. And hope to land one of McDermott or Bullock to share the 4 spot, with Love.

issue with sexton is that they'd have to take kevin love back & he appears to be completely washed. 

6 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

HE may love Sexton more than Sexton's own mother.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

He's just a better fit than the Kings guards. And more attainable.

Well if we aren't winning with Joel anyway, might as well get the more talented player then, right?

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Any meat to it?  Uhhh...:wacko:

:lol: Poor choice of words on my part. 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

issue with sexton is that they'd have to take kevin love back & he appears to be completely washed. 

I added to the post above.  I think maybe you can trade Tobi for him.  You take that Love contract. 

And hope to sign McDermott, Bullock, Bateman, Portis etc... in free agency to share those PF minutes. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

AqK9aRLhrYKHPb2jNw7QHLpjF9SHNXNYZriEsui7

If you go to that one he’s likely laughing at the video they posted to it prior where it’s Morgan Freeman saying you smoke crack don’t ya 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1