tradenba-snap-1627668154129.thumb.png.f4a34b32c4832f00da7bb948dbb7a63f.png

with picks coming philly's way as well. 

Im thinking about these 2 deals

image.thumb.png.6323805d20da257d693ae22bce2caa2b.png

Now you have

G- Brogdon, FA (McConnell/Caruso), Shake/Springer

G- Sexton, Curry, Maxey

F- LeVert, Thybulle, Kork

F- Love, FA (McDermott, Bullock, Portis, Batum)

C- Embiid, Petrusev, FA?, Bassey

That team is deep, and you can begin offloading some spare talent like Shake, Kork, Joe, Paul for future picks. 

[Stan Van Gundy] Great NBA draft. Amazingly, everyone got the guy they wanted. In fact, they couldn’t believe the guy was still on the board when they picked. Congratulations to all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

[Stan Van Gundy] Great NBA draft. Amazingly, everyone got the guy they wanted. In fact, they couldn’t believe the guy was still on the board when they picked. Congratulations to all.

Thats sarcasm of course, but its probably pretty close to the truth when you consider there were a bunch of reaches- so those teams got their guy obviously. And then teams behind them were shocked when the better players fell to them, so they were thrilled too.

I also read that there werent a lot of analytics picks made, but the 6ers leaned heavily on it which allowed them to supposedly get good value. It seems all of draft twitter loves the Springer pick. 

After some thorough youtube scouting...Springer's game kind of reminds me a Jimmy Butler's.  Tough, physical, not afraid of contact, uses body to shield defenders off when finishing around the rim, not a great shooter and not gonna blow by people.  Just a tough physical bball player on both ends who knows how to use his body to mitigate lacking elite explosiveness.  At pick 28 I think that's about the best you can do.

• Like 2

only 10 days until the first summer league game. i always get excited for summer league...but then i watch the first game & i'm reminded that it's complete garbage. 

anyway, we should see reed, joe, springer, & bassey. i'm not sure if they'll have maxey play. 

some random stuff....

[Stein] Miami, Dallas and New Orleans will be at the forefront of the pursuit for Toronto’s Kyle Lowry. Neither Portland nor Lillard is ready to entertain trade possibilities. The selection of Barnes suggests the Raptors’ appetite for trading Pascal Siakam will only grow.

renderTimingPixel.png

Source: https://marcstein.substack.com/

Miami, Dallas and New Orleans will be at the forefront of the pursuit for Toronto’s Kyle Lowry once free-agent negotiations are permissible at 6 p.m. ET on Monday. Lowry is the top target for all three teams. The Heat would appear to have a recruiting advantage through Lowry’s close relationship with Miami star Jimmy Butler.

For all the undeniable tension in the Pacific Northwest, neither Portland nor Lillard is ready to entertain trade possibilities … certainly not while Lillard is in Tokyo trying to focus on the Olympics.

Teams interested in Atlanta restricted free agent John Collins, league sources say, are increasingly operating under the premise that Collins can’t be lured away from the Hawks because he is intent on re-signing with them. … Toronto’s surprise selection of Scottie Barnes with the No. 4 overall pick in Thursday’s draft over Jalen Suggs immediately convinced some rival teams that the Raptors’ appetite for trading Pascal Siakam will only grow after Siakam’s tumultuous season while the Raptors were forced to play in Tampa.

25 minutes ago, rambo said:

After some thorough youtube scouting...Springer's game kind of reminds me a Jimmy Butler's.  Tough, physical, not afraid of contact, uses body to shield defenders off when finishing around the rim, not a great shooter and not gonna blow by people.  Just a tough physical bball player on both ends who knows how to use his body to mitigate lacking elite explosiveness.  At pick 28 I think that's about the best you can do.

ComposedGrossFrilledlizard-max-1mb.gif

33 minutes ago, rambo said:

And, he may be more explosive than he showed on tape. Due to playing on a bad ankle.

And, hes only 18 so he has a lot of years to add to his game. He looks pretty good for such a young player. Questionable whether we have the time to wait to develop him. Or, maybe he is good enough at what he can do to contribute a little right now.

If we dont end up trading him in a future trade, he will be a fun one to watch grow. 

19 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

only 10 days until the first summer league game. i always get excited for summer league...but then i watch the first game & i'm reminded that it's complete garbage. 

anyway, we should see reed, joe, springer, & bassey. i'm not sure if they'll have maxey play. 

I would love to see Petrusev play there. He will score 40 a game with his offensive skill. Bassey should be a blast to watch shot blocking and rebounding too. 

Ill be excited to see a first glimpse of any bulk added for Joe, if his shooting is getting even more consistent, and if he has worked on his defense. 

the player comp's i saw for petrusev:

jason smith

myers leonard

mike muscala (3 different sites)

definitely would put up 40+. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Same.  It's great in my mind but when I have to watch some guys that I've never heard of try to be heroes and jack 20 threes with 23 seconds left on the shot clock I'm quickly reminded why I hate it.

13 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

the player comp's i saw for petrusev:

jason smith

myers leonard

mike muscala (3 different sites)

definitely would put up 40+. 

I dont know if the people that made those comps ever watched a second of him on the basketball court. None of those guys ever had anything close to his low post scoring ability.

And, Korkmaz put up 40.

You can spend a ton of time watching all of the Springer highlights on youtube and never see him break any ankles with handles this good. Goes to show he really probably was playing gimpy as has been suggested. And there may be more to him than meets the eye on his tennessee youtube highlights.

Daishen Nix is playing for our SL team. He played for G League Ignite.

Nix actually looks like 100x the PG set up man that Ben ever was

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

I guess Simmons is still a 76er. 

#notmy76er

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rambo said:

Aaron Holiday would have been better and in line with Embiid 

I want to see some Maxey and Petrusev pick and roll action off the bench next season. 

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

HE loves this kinda of stuff.  Watch it and report back please lol.

I was watching it earlier. I picked it up again. Got through about an hour but they really dont cover a lot. They dwell too long on things.

So far its only been negatives. 

He dribbles or spins his way in to tougher shots sometimes. He can dribble/drive himself in to trouble and doesnt recognize when to bail sometimes. He just goes and seems to assume he will figure something out, rather than dribbling back out. 

He seems to like to do everything with the ball from the center of his body. Finishing around the rim, is always 2 hands right from above his head. No altering shots away from his body to get it around defenders. Same with passes. Always going to be from the chest, whether its a chest pass or bounce pass. Not a 1 handed pocket passer, or baseball pass. 

His jumper they feel ok with. He has his feet and shoulders turned rather than face the basket. Lots of guys do. His elbow is a little out. His guide hand is a little on the side. Not a pretty setup, but his motion is nice. So they seem to feel it can work. 

Thats as far as I got. I dont know if they spend the next hour on positives, or if their goal was just to pick him apart for the whole video. 

• Like 1

If they didn’t play Maxey last year I highly doubt a guy that has a limited offensive game plays major minutes