**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

28 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

If they didn’t play Maxey last year I highly doubt a guy that has a limited offensive game plays major minutes

I dont think so either. He would probably be able to carve out a niche defensively if given the chance. But I just dont think theyre going to be looking to play such a raw offensive player as a backup PG. Especially when you already have Thybulle. 

Morey said they had planned on drafting more guards. But the bigs were too good to pass up there.  Surely, they will continue to look at guards in free agency and trades.

As they continue to add guards, Springer will be pushed way out of the rotation. Hes probably G League only for the foreseeable future.  

Here's what Wojnarowski reported on ESPN's morning show 'Get Up':

"Philadelphia is still asking for a lot. Teams are not willing to be strip-mined to trade for Ben Simmons. They're going to continue to try and find a way, to see if there's a deal here as free agency starts. You kind of get another cycle of deal-making here. But he's four years left on his deal, they're not going to just give him away in Philly. Whatever they get back for him, they've got to believe it continues to make them a championship contender. But they'd like to get a deal done before training camp."

a trade exception was used

The Boston Celtics have agreed to acquire Josh Richardson from the Dallas Mavericks using their $11 million trade exception.

Richardson is exercising his $11.6 million player option for the 21-22 season for the deal.

The trade will be finalized on Saturday as Richardson's salary jumps when the league season rolls over and the TPE would no longer be sufficient to accommodate his contract.

Dallas acquired Richardson from the Philadelphia 76ers last offseason for Seth Curry. The Mavericks could have up to $33 million in cap space following the move.

Bulls extended a QO to Markkanen. I thought they didnt really like each other. I guess this is their last chance to try to get something for him before he goes?

50 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Here's what Wojnarowski reported on ESPN's morning show 'Get Up':

"Philadelphia is still asking for a lot. Teams are not willing to be strip-mined to trade for Ben Simmons. They're going to continue to try and find a way, to see if there's a deal here as free agency starts. You kind of get another cycle of deal-making here. But he's four years left on his deal, they're not going to just give him away in Philly. Whatever they get back for him, they've got to believe it continues to make them a championship contender. But they'd like to get a deal done before training camp."

Some how Im getting the feeling they are putting him out of reach so they can see how he comes back for this season.

I think they are to scared to trade him for him to end up being the player everyone thought he was going to be. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Some how Im getting the feeling they are putting him out of reach so they can see how he comes back for this season.

I think they are to scared to trade him for him to end up being the player everyone thought he was going to be. 

If they dont trade him before the season, they will end up getting a pennies on the dollar deal like they did with Fultz. We already need to settle for .75 cents on the dollar because we didnt trade him a year or 2 ago when we should have. Its only going to continue to get worse. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

If they dont trade him before the season, they will end up getting a pennies on the dollar deal like they did with Fultz. We already need to settle for .75 cents on the dollar because we didnt trade him a year or 2 ago when we should have. Its only going to continue to get worse. 

Yup, they should of taken best offer period. They look like jack asses with what they are asking and I don't care why they are doing it they look stupid and are not fooling anyone. 

The league is well aware that Ben is a ****. 

Morey said they planned on drafting more guards.

Now this headline says Doc played a role in the 2 big man selections. Something else to keep an eye on with Doc having control over a front office which went and made a splash for a big time GM only to have a coach calling shots anyway. I loved both picks, but if it doesnt work out its gonna be on Doc.

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/30/doc-rivers-played-a-role-in-sixers-2-second-round-big-men-selections/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1LB1wRbGwXk5pXzwsTRqRb9m0Mzl-YSyDJKEs4_CJt9PlFvOvHJxJTk

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yup, they should of taken best offer period. They look like jack asses with what they are asking and I don't care why they are doing it they look stupid and are not fooling anyone. 

The league is well aware that Ben is a ****. 

I feel like they should have just told teams he is not available. Thats basically what theyve done, but their tactic with those kinds of demands can be dangerously close to damaging working relationships with other GMs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I feel like they should have just told teams he is not available. Thats basically what theyve done, but their tactic with those kinds of demands can be dangerously close to damaging working relationships with other GMs. 

Agreed, I'm having trouble even wanting to believe what they asked of the warriors is true... Like that is bat sheet crazy and again I don't care about the reason they did it.  like you said who is gonna want to go into negotiations  with a gm who takes that kind of approach...

Like we all know you start high and go back and forth until you meet somewhere in the middle but, you just look like a clown with that kind of starting point. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed, I'm having trouble even wanting to believe what they asked of the warriors is true... Like that is bat sheet crazy and again I don't care about the reason they did it.  like you said who is gonna want to go into negotiations  with a gm who takes that kind of approach...

Like we all know you start high and go back and forth until you meet somewhere in the middle but, you just look like a clown with that kind of starting point. 

The Warriors package imo still sucked.

But the Spurs one was a big shocker to me. 

And probably the worst- They also made reference to "every young player they covet" when talking about their asking price from Cleveland. It wasnt elaborated on but that leads me to believe they asked for BOTH Sexton and Garland, probably as well as Nance, and maybe even Prince (if he wasnt traded yet at the time of our trade request). All on top of more of their high picks. 

Theres a smidge of disbelief that some of those rumors are true though because the raptors rumor supposedly is not even possible. You cant include Lowry in that package because he requires a S&T so cant be packaged with any other players. If that one was not true, were the others also made up?

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

The Warriors package imo still sucked.

But the Spurs one was a big shocker to me. 

And probably the worst- They also made reference to "every young player they covet" when talking about their asking price from Cleveland. It wasnt elaborated on but that leads me to believe they asked for BOTH Sexton and Garland, probably as well as Nance, and maybe even Prince (if he wasnt traded yet at the time of our trade request). All on top of more of their high picks. 

Theres a smidge of disbelief that some of those rumors are true though because the raptors rumor supposedly is not even possible. You cant include Lowry in that package because he requires a S&T so cant be packaged with any other players. If that one was not true, were the others also made up?

Most likely, that's why I said I'm having trouble even believing this is what they asked because they are so ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Most likely, that's why I said I'm having trouble even believing this is what they asked because they are so ridiculous. 

on the other hand, if they werent being so unrealistic, maybe a trade would have been done already. There are sure enough teams interested. We should have had a few solid offers on the table. Id love to know what other teams have offered. We have only seen one report- that pacers one from weeks ago.

Hard to know whats true. Probably somewhere in the middle. Likely have received offers that improved on Brogdon and 13th pick (which turned in to Duarte). But we are probably also overplaying our hand. 

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

on the other hand, if they werent being so unrealistic, maybe a trade would have been done already. There are sure enough teams interested. We should have had a few solid offers on the table. Id love to know what other teams have offered. We have only seen one report- that pacers one from weeks ago.

Hard to know whats true. Probably somewhere in the middle. Likely have received offers that improved on Brogdon and 13th pick (which turned in to Duarte). But we are probably also overplaying our hand. 

Definitely, I'm not saying Ben is completely worthless and I'm sure there are teams willing to give a decent package just not anywhere close to what is being reported they are asking for. 

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Bulls extended a QO to Markkanen. I thought they didnt really like each other. I guess this is their last chance to try to get something for him before he goes?

I was told around the all star break last year he wanted out still. It’s why you heard about all the trade rumors at the deadline about them looking to deal him. I haven’t heard anything since. This basically makes him a RFA. Im guessing this gives the bulls a chance for a sign and trade and get something for him. I’d also point out when vucevic, Lavine and markkanen all played together the bulls were outscored by 15 per 100 possessions. Granted not a huge sample size

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I was watching it earlier. I picked it up again. Got through about an hour but they really dont cover a lot. They dwell too long on things.

So far its only been negatives. 

He dribbles or spins his way in to tougher shots sometimes. He can dribble/drive himself in to trouble and doesnt recognize when to bail sometimes. He just goes and seems to assume he will figure something out, rather than dribbling back out. 

He seems to like to do everything with the ball from the center of his body. Finishing around the rim, is always 2 hands right from above his head. No altering shots away from his body to get it around defenders. Same with passes. Always going to be from the chest, whether its a chest pass or bounce pass. Not a 1 handed pocket passer, or baseball pass. 

His jumper they feel ok with. He has his feet and shoulders turned rather than face the basket. Lots of guys do. His elbow is a little out. His guide hand is a little on the side. Not a pretty setup, but his motion is nice. So they seem to feel it can work. 

Thats as far as I got. I dont know if they spend the next hour on positives, or if their goal was just to pick him apart for the whole video. 

Thanks dude. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Aaron Henry makes more of an impact before Springer. Izzo has a history of squashing talent so he keeps them around longer. 

Lakers signed Mac McClung

21 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Aaron Henry makes more of an impact before Springer. Izzo has a history of squashing talent so he keeps them around longer. 

I dont really expect to see either of them playing for the 76ers, maybe ever. Im 50/50 on Springer getting a chance. I think its a bad time to be a project at guard for a team who clearly needs to address the position through FA and trades. It means hes going to get pushed down the depth chart. A better situation for him would have been on a team with a solid G depth chart who can spare one spot to develop him. We cant because we need to go find some NBA talents. 

I'm gonna bet they were hoping Cam Thomas dropped one more spot. The narrative changes if he did

This would be bad news for the Sixers 

There has also been an intriguing CJ McCollum-Pascal Siakam trade framework discussed between Portland and Toronto, though talks between the teams have yet to generate significant momentum, sources said. Rival executives believe the Raptors’ selection of Scottie Barnes seemingly reinforces Siakam’s availability for trade

Zach Lowe said on his podcast he thinks the Sixers will go after Lowry

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Zach Lowe said on his podcast he thinks the Sixers will go after Lowry

I hope not.  I would add him as the final piece but I don't want that contract if that is the only big move we make.

• Like 1

oh god, not lowry. 

Simmons for 3 years of old man lowry would be brutal. 

• Like 2

now if its hill, shake, a protected 1st & the horford trade exception for lowry...that's different. 

Wizards are getting Dinwiddie in a S&T. They are going to have Dinwiddie, and Aaron Holiday.

Nice pickups.

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Wizards are getting Dinwiddie in a S&T. They are going to have Dinwiddie, and Aaron Holiday.

Nice pickups.

They are gonna need at least 3 other guys to become relevant.